ZSR Forums
April 27, 2024, 10:05:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: 100% SS route  (Read 20996 times)
AniMeowzerz
Special Guay

Meow, and... stuff.

AniMeowzerz@hotmail.com AniMeowzerz
Email
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2010, 07:17:58 PM »

"use goron city warp, get bomb bag upgrade, GS #46 from rock maze and HP #22 from bombing pot
exit to dm, kakariko and out to HF"

why didn't you put the HP on top of DC right here? (Note: I didn't read the rest of the route to even see if you put it elsewhere)
« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 07:24:48 PM by AniMeowzerz » Logged

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
ZFG
Mega Guay

also pheenoh <3

« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2010, 03:54:20 AM »

Just finished my test run with a time of 10:43.  Thats with 1 hour of breaks, 45 minutes of testing WT route and some other stuff, and more than an hour fucking up shit.  7 Hours for a full run looks like a realistic goal.

I'll edit the route a little more tomorrow to change some stuff around and fix a few route errors.

I for one think that there are no glitches in OoT. It's just gameshark codes.

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
Elminster
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2010, 10:42:14 PM »

With new well chus, they will have to be relocated to before ZL to skip egg and cutscene. The first visit to Kakariko should thus include cucco bottle, heart piece and well chus. Since we get to the Market just as night falls, we can't get 40 rupees from the chains; this is easily remedied by the 200R chest behind the lens. After getting ZL it'll be day, so get Sun's Song (which makes it night), clean out Kakariko, and proceed with the old route as normal.

Edit: Also, make a note of Golden Gauntlets in the route IMO, otherwise the runner might forget them. ^_^
« Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 12:42:48 AM by Elminster » Logged

ZFG
Mega Guay

also pheenoh <3

« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2010, 05:20:35 PM »

Going kakariko, zelda, back to kakariko saves no time because extra time for botw + backtracking is about equal to time saved from talon skip.  Of course there's lullaby cs skip which would save 2 min but I still don't like the backtracking.  I'm thinking maybe suns song w/o lully.  It should only take about 4 chus if done right.

ING-X
Site Editor
Mega Guay

fuck you and the horse you rode in on

562243965 marikthechao@hotmail.com ingx24
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2010, 06:29:02 PM »

Going kakariko, zelda, back to kakariko saves no time because extra time for botw + backtracking is about equal to time saved from talon skip.  Of course there's lullaby cs skip which would save 2 min but I still don't like the backtracking.  I'm thinking maybe suns song w/o lully.  It should only take about 4 chus if done right.

Yes but that would also make the route gamecube-only T_T

<complex> byan you're doing that thing again
<complex> the thing where everything you say is fucking retarded

<ethandude> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexual cheak this out luxury it might come in helpful when u wright your resime
ZFG
Mega Guay

also pheenoh <3

« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2010, 07:23:26 PM »

And whats wrong with that Tongue

Elminster
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2010, 08:52:23 PM »

I hate you guys. Every time I ask someone to fix/test a route they make it GC only. And GC is the only version of the game I don't have.

I still don't like the backtracking.
What a terrible attitude. It's a 100% run, FFS.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 08:55:34 PM by Elminster » Logged

LinuzDk
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2010, 11:03:54 AM »

I think i will give the route a shot.
As i remember my last 100% playthrough was a all normal playtrought
So would be cool to try this route Cheesy
Elminster
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2010, 05:38:09 AM »

OK, Runnerguy suggested I use the route from January and forego the WESS to Kakariko and sign owl skip. This is about 2 minutes slower due to not being able to skip the ZL cutscene (time gained from egg skip is canceled out by backtracking). Being a 7 hour run, the difficulty of getting to the castle on time is not worth it. There are many other things that can go wrong. 5 chus minimum are needed to get the bomb bag; the old route leaves 5 chus for mistakes instead of 3 (no egg or cutscene skip, plus the ground jump off the bomb flower is pretty hard IMO). Also, the run will be tight on nuts in the beginning since BotW vine clip is pretty difficult (at least IMO), and using nuts saves a lot of time fighting Keese in the tomb, seeing as how you don't have a ranged weapon. Nut shortages pose a threat of getting your shield burned in Dodongo's Cavern, which fucks you out of the bomb bag because you can't megaflip to it.

I haven't had a decent run make it to the bomb bag yet, there always seems to be one mistake or another that screws me over.

Edit: You can't even egg skip because you need Epona's Song and the milk bottle, derp.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 04:38:06 AM by Elminster » Logged

InsomPsycho
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2010, 06:02:01 PM »

I'm ready to get back into this. For the record, That rote was in the process of being constantly revised, hence the repeated GS#21, etc.

Generally the plan is/was for me not to rely too heavily on tricks and glitches, because (A) I'm really clumsy and (B) it's a SS 100%. I don't want to fuck up my run with risky tricks, and being a 100% SS, I'd say it's less in danger of being overcome by someone who IS willing to try it with tricks.

Elminster, what's your status?
Elminster
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2010, 07:17:28 PM »

The route that ZFG wrote up about six months ago uses plenty of tricks and glitches to get HPs and GSs early and saves a boatload of time. My philosophy here is to just suck it up. It really depends on how late into the run the trick is, and how much time it saves.

BotW chus and DC without a strength upgrade is pretty much a must. As of now, I've decided that I will be pause buffering the chu/bombflower ground jump. Blowing up the wall to the Baby Dodongo room wastes too much time, not to mention if you manage to screw up getting the ground jump off the pot. I have managed to waste several chus on the ground jump - never enough to have a run end there, though, but it makes things a little tighter later on. The megaflip to the bomb bag is pretty important, and I often run out of chus there if I wasted too many on the ground jump. Pause buffering the megaflip is a given, since it requires two instances of frame-perfect input.

I've figured out that even without getting chus before ZL, you still need to conserve as many as you possibly can. ZL after chus is definitely not worth the difficulty in an SS without Talon skip; you need to wake Talon to unlock the milk bottle and Epona's Song. You need 2 chus (hopefully more, in case you screw up) for Ice Arrows and GTG chus. The vine clip is pretty easy, but also feasible to screw up if you're stressed. During one practice session, I used my very last bombchu to get to the Bomb Bag, and used bombs for everything else. I used a bomb for the vine clip to Ice Arrows (got lucky with the timing) but missed the clip to the chus. After that I only had 1 bomb left and half a heart, so I had to kill myself to leave, thus missing out on the chus. I got a refill from the Spirit Temple but managed to waste a great many there.

The megaflip to the HP in Desert Colossus (off of the Silver Gauntlets ledge) is basically a one-shot trick - if you mess it up and fall off, it wastes way too much time to get back (short of a deathwarp, which might still waste too much time, not to mention explosives. Leevers might be an option, but it makes the run look really bad, so I would say this is an unacceptable mistake that deserves a reset). The ledge makes it extremely difficult; I'm not even positive it's possible to do it by rolling into a bomb. You have to backflip at a very precise spot to get to the peak of the slope and shield drop the bomb in the right location, and even then the slope complicates things greatly (if you're not at the VERY edge of the slope then it will be in your way and the megaflip will land on it). I ran out of bombs many times trying to pull it off, and eventually gave up (I had already managed to waste the 10 chus from the Spirit Temple). To continue with that practice session (I needed to familiarize myself with the route rather badly) I had to get Nayru's Love so I could megaflip off a bomb without rolling. I also used ISG to stand on the very edge. I finally managed to get the HP that way, but Nayru's Love is better placed in the adult visit to Spirit near the very end of the run, because of the location of a GS. I did some testing later and concluded that the best solution is to get ISG, go to the edge, and chu megaflip. It's pretty much the only way to do it without NL. Also, a little tip if you happen to miss the frame: unpause and mash a sidehop instead. You'll usually do an instant ground jump and not fall off the ledge. It's better than just sitting there and getting recoiled off by the explosion (which in that pose most likely ruins ISG).

One of the most important tricks in the run IMO is dumping and catching bugs to interrupt the poe cutscene in the Forest Temple, allowing you to walk onto the elevator while the poes are stealing the torchlights. This allows you to get the GS in the basement without defeating the poes. If you fail it, you have to do a tricky hover into the basement, which I find extremely difficult. There's really no alternative other than fighting the poes, which means going through pretty much the whole damn temple. Wastes far too much time. The worst part about this trick is that it's about two and a half hours into the run. The timing isn't difficult, but the pressure can easily screw you over. Normally 2.5 hours in a little leeway would be given but this trick is just too important. If the run was RTA this would be different, but I'm not a fan of the RTA category.

I'm pretty clumsy with most of these tricks too, but I'm working on learning them and becoming consistent. I'm also still familiarizing myself with the route, so I don't have to waste time pausing and referring to it. I'm also thinking about moving a couple things around and adding notes for myself (little things I feel should've been mentioned, reminders, etc.). I may also include dungeon routes (ZFG hasn't even gotten around to routing the Water Temple) and will probably colour code things like GSs, HPs and items and print off a hard copy to refer to so I don't forget things. Forgetting things is pretty costly and I've done it even while having the route beside me to refer to. I've forgotten GSs and HPs here and there; the biggest timewasters I'm guilty of thus far are forgetting the HP at the bottom of Zora's Fountain (had to backtrack a lot to get there), forgetting the GS in Haunted Wasteland and realizing the SECOND I stepped into Desert Colossus (a huge oh shit moment for me - I had to trial and error the HW route backwards, which was a huge pain (definitely reset-worthy, most instances of forgetting things will be unless you haven't left the area, if nothing else it would be because it'll look ugly in the finished product). I also forgot to plant the bean when I went to the Forest Stage as a child (twice!) meaning that I had to hover up to the GS on the ledge as adult. I didn't even manage to do that properly even though I had 30 bombs; I ran out and decided to put off getting that GS until later. I didn't even make it to that because I got super fucked missing the poe trick in the Forest Temple.

Also, cutscene skips (via suicide) are pretty much infeasible in this run due to the amount of hearts you'll have. Just saying.

I only started to consider this run a couple weeks ago. I plan to practice this in portions, and haven't completed a full playthrough of the route yet. There are things I still need to practice to get consistently. My last timed attempt up until the end of DC was 48:56 IIRC (give or take a few seconds). This includes about 5 minutes of mistakes (2 spent on the actor glitch in BotW, which I've recently gotten terrible at, and 3 spent on OIing the switch in DC, which makes it surprisingly difficult to get to the door in time). At this point the goal is sub-7, but nobody has completed a halfway decent run, so it's a bit difficult to judge. If it's manageable I hope to beat YautjaElder's segmented 6:35, with all the new discoveries made since then, but at this point we really have no clue if it's possible. You're not alone - I'm pretty clumsy with the tricks myself - but I'm making progress in learning them. I don't think I'll be producing this run for a long time - Pokey's any% SS took him 7 months - but I'm sure it'll happen eventually. Let's face it, a run without difficult tricks is not going to make it on SDA, and if that's the route you want to take then I honestly think you'd be better off running for Twin Galaxies, and I'm sure you wouldn't want to do that. Twin Galaxies has pretty terrible rules and standards, methinks.

Again, I've only started fairly recently, so if you'd like to get back to working on this and learn the more up-to-date route, go right ahead. Competition is always welcome - after all, it results in a better run, and that's what's really important to everyone. If you start practicing now and work hard at it, then you can probably catch up to where I'm at. I haven't seen you around at all, because I only joined the Zelda scene after you went on your break, so I don't know how skilled you are at OoT. However, judging from your post it sounds like you aren't very big on the idea of risky tricks. If you seriously want to run this I see no other option than to suck it up and learn consistency with the tricks. Feel free to do whatever you think is best though, this is just me offering what advice I can.

I haven't had a chance to practice or do anything this last week. My dad is getting married today and I had a lot of work and preparation to do for it, including flying to Alberta. I'm pretty lucky to even have internet ATM. I don't have access to OoT around here, and most likely won't until I get back home next week. I did practice the week before though, and streamed a lot of it. You can be sure I'll be streaming occasionally when I get back, as well. You can follow my progress here.

Well, this has been a pretty long-winded, tl;dr post. Perhaps I need to learn to organize my thoughts better. I just wanted to inform you of the status of the run and the route here, my take on it and how far I am, and whatever you need to know if you want to get back into this run. If you're serious about this, then good luck.

InsomPsycho
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2010, 02:52:30 AM »

I'll have to play through that route and ask questions as I go, cause it's too much for me to tackle all at once.

Edit: I keep getting game overs while trying to clip the vine wall behind the skulltula Sad
« Last Edit: July 03, 2010, 03:43:51 PM by InsomPsycho » Logged
Elminster
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2010, 09:09:10 PM »

How the hell did this topic get so far down the list D:

Anyway, I've edited ZFG's route slightly. I moved a couple HPs and GSs to more convenient times to get them. I've also hammered out dungeon routes and included double magic and Golden Gauntlets, which for some reason weren't mentioned in the route before. Tongue

Confirming Scarecrow's Song wasn't in the old route either. I need it before the return trip to DC to avoid hovering for a GS, so I altered the route to get it right after learning Minuet of Forest. This puts me relatively close to a grotto with a Fish, so I get my Fish then. I pretty much need it to pause buffer Poe Cutscene Skip.

I have a feeling this route is going to be edited many, many times. Suggestions are welcome.

-RUPEE RUN
-Kokiri Sword
-Deku Shield
-pokey escape
-Fairy Ocarina
-Backwalk to Hyrule Castle
-Rupee room, roll into crate for GS #1
-Roll into tree for GS at hyrule castle for GS #2
-Get Zelda's Lullaby and Letter
-To Kakariko Village
-4 cuccos
-Cucco dive to well
-Get stick, 1 key, nuts
-Actor glitch
-LoT, huge rupee, clip to chus
-Exit well
-Finish cuccos for bottle
-Get Bugs and Sun's Song from graveyard
-HP #1 from redead grave
-Hylian Shield
-HP #2 from dampe's gravedigger tour
-Kakariko, it is now night
-GS # 3 and 4 from future shooting gallery construction and behind bazaar
-give Letter to guard
-soft soil GS #5
-enter DC
-DC as normal except press switch to raise big pillar and GS #6 in the back of the Head
-bottle switch trick (no OI)
-King Dodongo, HC, Goron's Ruby
-Up DM for Magic
-go in DMC
-GS #7 in the crate
-HP #3 from climbable wall (?)
-out of dmc and take heapora to kakariko
-GS #8 and 9 from behind skulltula house and in tree
-Superslide to LH
-HP #4 from bombable hole in front of LH
-scarecrows song and bugs
-gold scale and HP #5 from fishing
-Rutos Letter
-enter ZD
-give letter to ZD and enter fountain
-get FW
-GS #10 from tree outside fairy cave
-enter jabu
-set FW in 2nd room
-GS #11 from rising water and bubble room
-to boomerang
-get GS #12 & 13 near green tentacle
-fw out (remember to set it again before leaving)
-ZD, take LH warp
-HP #6 from diving in lake house
-GS #14 from soft soil outside house
-GS #15 from side of the house
-to HF, to GV
-grab cucco and fly to ledge with a box for HP #7
-to the ledge at the bottom with soft soil and get GS #16
-HP #8 from behind the waterfall
-OoB back to the top of GV
-GS #17 from water coming out of the wall near small wooden bridge
-bomb hover over gate to GF
-to top area and do 0 gravity glitch to enter gtg
-clip to ice arrows
-clip right to 5 chu chest
-fall in lava at sea of lava room and exit gtg
-gate skip to HW
-GS #18 from shelter
-to desert colossus
-GS #19 from soft soil
-enter spirit
-get requiem
-reenter and talk to nabooru
-GS #20 from room where you light torch
-get key
-GS #21 from room with chu chest
-get chu chest if you need it
-climb up spirit, get GS #22 in room before IK
-kill IK and get silver gauntlets
-megaflip to HP #9 on rock structure
-reenter spirit and use fw back to jabu
-megaflip to blue switch ledge
-bugs OI switch
-GS #23 on the vines
-barinade, HC
-suns song for GS #24 on the wall near big log
-enter ZD
-light torches for HP #10 out to ZR
-boomerang HP #11 from ledge
-GS #25 from ladder
-down ZR, get HP #12 from tall pillar, buy bean
-GS #26 from tree
-superslide to market
-HMS for keaton mask
-to kakariko, get GS #27 in the hole near the tree on the way
-get GS #28 on the ladder
-Give keaton mask to guard
-back to castle, get skull mask
-to kokiri forest
-single bomb hover over ropes
-buy deku stick upgrade from business scrub
-GS #29 from soft soil next to the ladder
-HP #13 from skull kids ocarina game near seed bag shooting place (seed bag later)
-forest stage for 2nd stck upgrade with skull mask, GS #30 from soil
-Plant bean
-through sfm to sarias
-back to lw and get lost
-enter again and go left and teach skullkid sarias for HP #14 then sell skull mask
-to kokiri, GS #31 from soft soil near shop then enter deku tree
-Get slingshot
-GS #32 from compass room
-GS #33 and #34 from basement
-Ground jump to upper ledge
-gohma, hc, kokiri emerald
-suns song, GS #36 behind know it all brothers house
-to HF then to LLR (make sure its daytime)
-milk bottle, epona's song, and HP #15 from mill
-sun's song, GS #37 on wall, #38 on back of corral, #39 in tree, #40 on house window
-to castle
-zelda escape cutsvcene and get OoT and SoT
-get spooky mask
-to kakariko, play suns song to enter at start of night
-get GS #41 from the wall
-GS #42 from soft soil
-hover up to the box for HP #16
-staircase hover to seam for shadow early
-get hover boots
-megaflip out
-play suns song for day
-sell spooky mask to kid
-giants wallet from house of skulltula
-cucco dive to well
-get left alcove key and gibdo key
-get GS #43-45 (left room, right room, like like cell)
-exit well
-back to castle for bunny hood
-to HF, suns song for night then get HP #17 from hole under lone tree near the river
-when you come back up running guy should be there, sell him bunny hood
-back to castle
-treasure chest game for HP #18
-dog sidequest for HP #19
-suns song then bombchu bowling (UUUUUUGGGGGGHHHHHH) for HP #20 and bomb bag 30
-shooting gallery for seed bag upgrade
-HMS for mask of truth
-back to LW, forest stage for nut upgrade, the other nut upgrade from a hole under a rock, seed bag upgrade
-use goron city warp, get bomb bag 40, GS #46 from rock maze and HP #21 from bombing pot
-Get rupee chests in goron city if needed
-exit to dm, kakariko and out to HF
-to castle, buy blue fire
-ToT, SoT, MS
-Adult
---------------------------------------------------------------------
-to kakariko
-get egg
-graveyard
-hookshot
-crushed by door and rerace for HP #22
-windmill hut, HP #23 and song of storms
-to the house talon is in, suns song twice for egg to hatch
-wake him up
-get cojiro
-exit kakariko
-to ZR
-GS #47 from wall near high ledge
-GS #48 from wall near the waterfall (stand on the small fence to reach with hookshot)
-enter ZD
-go to ZF
-GS #49 from above FW fountain
-HP #24 from iceberg
-enter ice cavern
-Enter compass room, HP #25, GS #50
-get blue fire, dupe over milk
-GS #51 and #52
-Iron Boots
-HP #26 from bottom of ZF
-unfreeze KZ (get zora tunic when giving prescription)
-GS #53 next to frozen waterfall
-out to ZR and take warp to LW
-GS #54 from forest stage
-to SFM
-GS #55 from right wall of sfm
-minuet
-play serenade and confirm scarecrow's song
-grab a fish from grotto outside lh
-play minuet
-forest
-GS #56 from vine wall and get key
-to main room
-poe cs skip with poe and go in the ekevator, get GS #57 down there
-back up the elevator
-GS #58 near stalfos room and get stalfos key
-to left outside room and megajump to above ledge and get GS #59 from the right then go in block room
-up the block room and to bow
-back to room with twisted corridor and wallmaster warp to beginning
-use bow on eye in the main room to go right outside room and get GS #60
-back to main room and bk skip
-pg and HC
-forest medallion
-suns song
-GS #61 from top of midos house
-to lw and get odd mush
-to goron city and get goron tunic
-to dmc, get HP #27 from mountain thing and get bolero then back to goron city and to dm
-GS #62 from hookshotting through red rock
-HP #28 from top of dc
-to kakariko, HP #29 from guy above hags house
-get odd potion
-big quiver from archery
-GS #63 above impas house
-HP #30 from impas house
-back to dm, enter dc
-get GS #64 and 65 from the first room on the right
-store a ground jump for pillar
-go up tall pillar to staircase room to get GS #66 and 67
-exit dc
-back to goron city and get GS #68 on the top middle platform
-give potion to girl for saw
-exit to HF, superslide to lon lon
-steal epona from the left side
-get poe from near big group or trees
-dupe bugs over deku nuts
-serenade with oi
-enter wt with hookshot and iron boots
-set fw, ruto, lower water with zl
-bomb cracked wall for key
-light torches for shell blade key
-bomb south floor, get GS #69 in cage
-fw to top and reset it
-trick to open door in midair
-longshot, vortex room GS #70 and key
-fw to top and reset it again
-light 2f torch and enter central tower for GS #71
-head towards bk and get GS #72
-fw to top
-high grab to raise water
-get GS #73 in waterfall room
-bk skip, morpha, hc
-shoot sun for fire arrows
-suns song and get GS #74 from tree
-fire arrows and GS #75
-eponas song
-ride epona to area before gerudo valley, get 2 poes (3 poes)
-get GS #76 from hole on red rock area
-ride to gv
-get GS #77 and 78 behind tent and on big pillar rock
-give saw to carpenter for broken sword
-gf
-GS #79 and HP #31 from fortress and free carpenters for gerudo card
-eponas song and play archery game for big quiver and HP #32
-suns song for GS #80 from other side of archery
-minuet
-leave out to hyrule field
-ss to market
-give 3 poes to ghost collector
-out to hf and get the poe right next to the market
-give it to poe collector
-to tot
-prelude and go back in time
-----------------------------------------------------------------
-to castle
-get dins
-get GS #81 from sos hole
-prelude
-out to hf
-ss to zr
-play songs for frogs for HP #33 and 34
-bolero
-soft soil for GS #82
-prelude and back to adult
-----------------------------------------------------------------
-bolero
-fire temple
-darunia and key in west room
-2 keys in east room
-sot to like like room for GS #83
-push block onto flame pillar
-block clip
-blow up wall for boulder maze GS #84
-scarecrows song to get on inverted pyramid
-GS #85 and 86 in tower
-go through flame curtain room
-superslide through fire maze
-flare dancer and hammer
-sot + hammer at bottom of pit to get key and exit room
-hammer pillar
-hammer blocks out of the way
-poop on torch slugs and fire keese
-GS #87 in like like room
-flare dancer and bk
-volvagia, hc
-get double magic
-up crater and give broken sword to biggoron for prescription
-to goron city and lw warp
-zr warp
-zd, give prescription for eyeball frog and get zora tunic
-hookshot ladder oob to lh
-HP #35 from above house with scarecrows song
-GS #88 from crate inside house
-give frog for eyedrops
-epona to kakariko get poe near silver rock, near lon lon, near ZR (3 poes)
-nocturne cutscene
-HP #36 from skulltula house
-up dm and get GS #89 from behind bombable wall
-get GS #90 from red rock and give biggoron eyedrops
-suns song 6 times for bgs
-nocturne
-dins to open door
-use lens for the truth spinner
-set fw and get key from scythe room
-blow up center path and use key
-past guillotines and across invisible platforms
-GS #91 from invisible scythe room
-back to guillotine room
-silver rupee puzzle for key and GS #92 from spike trap room
-lens to see moving platform
-silver rupee puzzle in spike room
-GS #93 and key from lone skull pot room
-fw to scythe room and cage clip
-GS #94 and zl to move boat
-set fw in maze
-south room and get floormaster key
-skull pots room and get GS #95
-north room and redead clip for bk
-fw back to maze entrance and return to boat room
-shoot bomb pillar
-bongo, hc
-requiem
-GS #96 in boulder room, play sot to remove block
-GS #97 in statue room with longshot
-bombs and df to kill beamos/anubes
-ik, mirror shield, zl for bk
-twinrova, hc
-GS #98 and 99 from desert colossus, get nl
-prelude
-light arrows
-give poes to poe collector
-out to hf and collect remaining poes and any others you may have missed
-bottle 4
-GS #100 at ganons castle
-double defense early
-ganons castle
-golden gauntlets
-end
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 12:34:53 AM by Elminster » Logged

InsomPsycho
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2011, 08:07:15 PM »

Okay. Elm, you still doing this? I know I keep saying I'll do it, then coming back later and saying Okay I'll really do it.

But I have my N64 in my Apartment, with a reliable TV, and more than one v1.0 copy of OoT. Basically every drop of my free time is going into this, because I think it would be really awesome to finally tackle such a beast.

I still need to work on some of the tricks, but I'll be spending a lot of time practicing. Printing the route as I type this, and I'm going to read it over and practice tricks tonight.
Elminster
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2011, 10:06:04 PM »

The route needs an edit since ZFG is fucking retarded. The biggest problem I can think of off the top of my head is the GS near the Fire Arrow - it can't be gotten as adult. Another problem is the GS in the hole under the red rock near Gerudo Valley. It's gotten in the route before we get the hammer, so I'll have to move the entire Gerudo's Fortress section into Adult 2. Also, collecting 3 Big Poes with the eyedrop timer going that late in a run is completely out of the question.

Also, I haven't been working on this lately. I've realized I'm not quite as good at the game as I thought I was, and I'll have to put more time into practicing.

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: