ZSR Forums
April 18, 2024, 03:51:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 66
  Print  
Author Topic: OoT / MQ Trick Research & Discovery Thread  (Read 1250817 times)
ArmorySons
Deku Scrub

« Reply #900 on: July 30, 2014, 03:26:43 PM »

The method is by chu hovering on top on dampe's hut. This method does need an earlier way to get to shadow temple early but this definetly works. So I chu hover on top of the hut at a certain positiobn facing the back of the hut and a certain angle facing towards the trees at the back, I then swap the camera back around to face the front of the hut and I chu hover 14 times and backflip with the hover boots on and I got on the very top of the green ledge. I've been practising this for a day now.
It's known that this is possible, but it's not very practical. If you need to hover up there with bombchus, you can hookshot on top of Dampe's hut and hover onto the seam using 2 or 3 chus with sideflip hovers.
Phendrox
Deku Scrub

« Reply #901 on: July 30, 2014, 04:13:28 PM »

It's known that this is possible, but it's not very practical. If you need to hover up there with bombchus, you can hookshot on top of Dampe's hut and hover onto the seam using 2 or 3 chus with sideflip hovers.
Yes, doing sideflip could be a better idea to get to the seam because of the less amount of chus needed. Have you tried this out yet?
nathanisbored
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #902 on: August 01, 2014, 05:29:29 AM »

So, it's quite possible this has been documented before, but anyway...

You probably already know that every item has an "ammo" attached to it. Most of them are unused bytes, but some correspond to other things. There's an index of all the ammo slots starting from deku stick and ending with magic bean. After that is the "magic bean popularity" byte, which also corresponds to how many hammers you have. Light arrow amount is linked to tunics&boots, and Nayru's Love amount is linked to swords&shields. Every bottle item is linked to a single unused byte that can be modified with Gerudo Mask RBA. These ammo counts don't actually do anything for items that weren't intended to use them, but at least the bottle item ammo can be displayed using bottle duplication (and others using cheats).

When you have an item in one of the seven "ammo display" slots in the inventory, the game checks the item to determine where in the pause menu to display the number.

For deku stick, fish, and bugs, it chooses the bottom left corner of the deku stick slot. If you have your deku stick ammo and bottle ammo displaying at the same time, the bottle ammo display will overlap the stick ammo display (unless it's only 1 digit, in which case it will only overlap the rightmost digit).

For deku nuts, bombs, arrows, deku seeds, chus, and beans, the display will go where it's supposed to obviously.

For blue fire, the display is interesting. The two digits of the display will be split in two completely different locations on the menu, neither of which are actually overlapping any items. The first digit is sitting on the left edge of the blue border for the item select screen, a few units above the rupee counter. The 2nd digit is sitting at the top of the border just under your 20th heart in the HUD.

For empty bottle and fairy, there doesn't seem to be an ammo display anywhere, but part of the menu will flicker constantly (although sometimes it may not, depending on the value it's trying to display I think). I've seen the flickering turn white when it's trying to display a value of 200 or more (only possible with cheats).

For bomb bag (20) nothing seems to appear, although maybe it's dependent on the value once again (it's obviously linked to a different byte than the bottle items, but I don't know which one).
EDIT: It flickers, but only inside of dungeons.

Here's an example of these glitched displays:
http://i.imgur.com/oDDXJVn.png
In this case, I RBA'd Gerudo Mask with fish on B to change the "bottle item amount" to 25. I also got an empty bottle in my bombs slot, blue fire in my bow slow, and a fish in my slingshot slot. The fish makes the 25 display appear over my deku stick ammo (notice it doesn't match my real deku stick amount on C-down). The blue fire shows the number 25, with the "2" digit on the left above my rupee counter, and the "5" digit above my magic to the right of my hearts. The empty bottle in the bombs slot makes the screen flicker (although you can't see it in the image very well; it's somewhat covering my bugs and ruto's letter).
« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 01:05:47 AM by nathanisbored » Logged
RattleMan
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #903 on: August 02, 2014, 04:48:56 AM »

Ever get angry whenever you get this angle when doing the eight backflip Ganondoor?

The solution as to why that happens is now known, as well as a method of successfully pulling off Ganondoor with it! See my Twitch broadcast: http://www.twitch.tv/tahlorz/c/4803514 (yes, I have a different name there Tongue)

The full broadcast in which this was discovered is here: http://www.twitch.tv/tahlorz/b/553625077
- The discovery of what exactly causes it begins after 1:21:15, ending around 1:46:35, with main discovery at 1:38:25, and final discoveries 1:42:10-1:46:35, explanation at 1:46:35
- All of what is shown before 1:21:15 is trying to get Ganondoor to work with the "bad angle", without knowing exactly what causes it

Basically, the "alternate angle" is caused by pushing up on the wall right before doing the eight backflips. Yes, that's it.

This method of eight backflip Ganondoor may actually be easier or more consistent for some people.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 05:41:56 PM by RattleMan » Logged
nathanisbored
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #904 on: August 05, 2014, 06:50:35 AM »

Horseback Wrong Warp, discovered by Fox: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6zcEglAUuo

Essentially we are using the cutscene value from the start of the minigame on an item timer entrance. You have to store the timer at 0 (void out as it's ending) to get the fadeout during the dialogue. This finally gives us access to cutscene setup 0 (same value that a WW from Jabu would give you). Unfortunately, since we need an item timer, we are limited to odd mushroom timeout entrance, frog/eyedrops timeout entrance, or bottle timeout entrance (last entrance value). And since we can only do the WW in gerudo's fortress or lon lon ranch, our last entrance value is limited to ones from those scenes.

Here's an example using horseback archery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqkikqlZCtE
Unlike the previous method of Hyrule Castle as Adult, we don't have weird coordinates because we aren't warping with FW.

Wrong warping from horseback archery to pedestal of time should be possible from one of the thieves hideout entrances. Another one should lead to malon's minigame. Unfortunately, there aren't too many options. But I'm sure we'll see more developments with this soon.

Silver gauntlets should also work in theory, but unfortunately, the gauntlets text doesn't activate the frozen timer.
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #905 on: August 05, 2014, 10:32:37 AM »

If the teardrops timeout sent you back to lakeside lab, it would give you infinite wrong warps to tower collapse.

Edit: If you store a Farore's Wind point the second time you get captured, then trigger this new ww, you should wrong warp into a Grotto. I forget what the importance of this is other than for the fun of it.

Also, sadly the wrong warp to the Master Sword pedestal can't be performed as a child what with the Gerudo Horseback thing, since that would trigger the cutscene that plays immediately after talking to Rauru for the first time.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 10:41:32 AM by mzxrules » Logged

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
nathanisbored
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #906 on: August 05, 2014, 08:10:36 PM »

Edit: If you store a Farore's Wind point the second time you get captured, then trigger this new ww, you should wrong warp into a Grotto. I forget what the importance of this is other than for the fun of it.

1st time warps you to child market, 2nd time is cow grotto

Also should post here that you can use the zelda escape cutscene for the new WW method too (again, discovered by Fox): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qz11IZHPK18

This uses setup 1, so it has the same effects as deku and DC, but you have to use either frog/mushroom timer, or a duped timer with an entrance somewhere in Hyrule field. This might be useful in 100%, but there are complications.
r0bd0g
Regular Guay

« Reply #907 on: August 06, 2014, 12:51:10 AM »

I'm not sure the exact requirements for getting the timer warp to activate, but for silvers perhaps try opening the chest with the owl still there or with Saria's Song stored. Also somebody please try Jabu, which could ww to fire boss.
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #908 on: August 06, 2014, 12:41:27 PM »

Figured out the exact requirements for the Trade Timer to resume.

The dialog that appears when a trade item expires contains a text code at the end (0B for english/french/german, no clue atm for japanese). Haven't figured out the exact purpose of this code, but it appears that the trade item expires immediately when this code is hit by the game's text parser. It doesn't appear in any cutscene dialogs.

Also, I'm curious about something: I think I read somewhere that the timeout dialog box in Japanese is different than English because the Japanese one does not display text instantly. Does this make it easier to store a timer between versions?
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 12:45:10 PM by mzxrules » Logged

Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
r0bd0g
Regular Guay

« Reply #909 on: August 06, 2014, 01:36:13 PM »

Failing to play a song correctly apparently triggers it. At least it did for requiem. Unfortunately, failing a timer set the cutscene value to 0, so it can't be used to wrong warp in the middle of cutscenes Sad.
nathanisbored
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #910 on: August 06, 2014, 03:49:35 PM »

Figured out the exact requirements for the Trade Timer to resume.

The dialog that appears when a trade item expires contains a text code at the end (0B for english/french/german, no clue atm for japanese). Haven't figured out the exact purpose of this code, but it appears that the trade item expires immediately when this code is hit by the game's text parser. It doesn't appear in any cutscene dialogs.

Also, I'm curious about something: I think I read somewhere that the timeout dialog box in Japanese is different than English because the Japanese one does not display text instantly. Does this make it easier to store a timer between versions?

So only textboxes with this code will activate the fadeout, but it will also only activate when the blue box appears? If you mash through the blue box so it never appears, you won't get the fadeout. With the normal trade item timer textbox, the blue box stays even if you mash, so you can't avoid fadeout this way.

Do we have a list of textboxes that do this, or a way to calculate it?

EDIT: Is this the same code that gives quicktext when you press B?
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 03:54:38 PM by nathanisbored » Logged
Jbop
Twenty-three is number one! Do you think I'm a traitor?

« Reply #911 on: August 08, 2014, 12:19:48 AM »

Don't forget the horse-riding games Kappa Kappa

Quote from: Nathanisbored
2014 will be a good year

Ask natalyahasdied about the text boxes, we were looking into them back when I was trying to do FWWW as Child. I can't remember what we found  Roll Eyes

Quote from:  ZFG on March 24, 2008, 8:27:24 AM
Quote from:  Prognosis_4 on March 24, 2008, 8:25:50 AM
Why are you guys so certain it's possible?
Because its OoT.
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #912 on: August 08, 2014, 09:12:48 PM »

So only textboxes with this code will activate the fadeout, but it will also only activate when the blue box appears? If you mash through the blue box so it never appears, you won't get the fadeout. With the normal trade item timer textbox, the blue box stays even if you mash, so you can't avoid fadeout this way.

The 0B command seem to appear at the very end of dialog boxes, which is possibly why frame perfect advances skip? the command. But I don't quite understand why that would happen

Do we have a list of textboxes that do this, or a way to calculate it?
I wrote a custom textbox parser tool that works for all languages but it's not quite to the point where I can easily query/print out all dialogs with this command.

EDIT: Is this the same code that gives quicktext when you press B?
No. Quicktext is caused by a different set of codes.

Braid
ZeldaFan
Regular Guay

« Reply #913 on: August 08, 2014, 10:25:46 PM »

Does this Frozen Timer overwrite or pause other timers, such as the Marathon Run?
Jbop
Twenty-three is number one! Do you think I'm a traitor?

« Reply #914 on: August 10, 2014, 12:08:47 AM »

No, the white and yellow timers are independent.

Quote from:  ZFG on March 24, 2008, 8:27:24 AM
Quote from:  Prognosis_4 on March 24, 2008, 8:25:50 AM
Why are you guys so certain it's possible?
Because its OoT.
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 66
  Print  

Jump to: