ZSR Forums
March 29, 2024, 12:24:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 66
  Print  
Author Topic: OoT / MQ Trick Research & Discovery Thread  (Read 1242679 times)
nathanisbored
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #870 on: May 14, 2014, 10:10:46 AM »

I think I mentioned this before, but I don't know if anyone else confirmed it, but here you go:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQd95VTLDCU

Basically you can get a trade item without a timer as long as the NPC is (I think) off-screen when you collect it. This lets you use warp songs without losing the item.

Also unrelated, but I heard that you aren't allowed to buy bombs from shops unless you've completed DC, even if you RBA the Goron's Ruby. Well this isn't true. The game only checks for the ruby. So just clarifying that. The chu shop and bowling still don't open until you complete DC however.
Exodus122
Regular Guay

« Reply #871 on: May 14, 2014, 06:51:50 PM »

Yeah the buying bombs thing is a common misconception. Cool timerless trick too.

nathanisbored
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #872 on: May 16, 2014, 01:36:16 AM »

Here's a useless little thing you can do. It might already be known.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6Lw5mlrvJs
ikswozol
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #873 on: May 19, 2014, 02:51:40 AM »

Has this skulltula duping spot been known?: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAQiQAU0jUw&feature=youtu.be
Edit: It's also possible if you pull out the ocarina as you get the token and play the sun's song, has that been known?
« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 03:08:12 AM by ikswozol » Logged
Exodus122
Regular Guay

« Reply #874 on: May 19, 2014, 03:23:46 AM »

Yeah both of those are known

ikswozol
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #875 on: May 19, 2014, 03:25:40 AM »

Ah okay, i'd be pretty surprised if they were :p
nathanisbored
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #876 on: May 26, 2014, 09:44:55 PM »

I would be kinda surprised if this wasn't known already, but I never knew this. When you enter the Ganon battle as child Link, he still has his shield out from the CS for a couple seconds (as if he's holding an invisible sword). If you let Ganon hit you during this time, the game crashes. Adult Link also has his shield out but I don't think it crashes. It doesn't seem to crash on VC though, so it might be one of those N64/iQue/emu things (I can confirm it happens consistently on iQue anyway). Literally all you do is just stand there when the fight starts and the game will crash when he hits you, which makes me think this is probably known.
Jbop
Twenty-three is number one! Do you think I'm a traitor?

« Reply #877 on: May 26, 2014, 10:38:23 PM »

I've seen that happen before so it's "known" but I don't know if anyone knew why it happened.

Quote from:  ZFG on March 24, 2008, 8:27:24 AM
Quote from:  Prognosis_4 on March 24, 2008, 8:25:50 AM
Why are you guys so certain it's possible?
Because its OoT.
nathanisbored
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #878 on: May 26, 2014, 10:47:18 PM »

Unrelated to my last post, but here's something I noticed.

As you might know, with the traditional method of OI (jump, press bottle in mid-air and switch to a new item) if you switch to the shield just as you hit the ground, you get a timestop effect.

However, with the new ESS OI, if you press bottle while ESSing and then quickly switch to shield, it softlocks the game. As far as I know you have to be holding Z the whole time or he doesn't take the shield out. Basically, he puts his hands up to his mouth as if he's gonna play ocarina, but then drops them again and you can't move or anything.

EDIT: if you do this in front of one of the water temple triforce panels (among other places), it does bring up the music staff thingie, but after you play the song, the water never raises or lowers, and it just shows Link standing there and you still can't move.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 11:07:32 PM by nathanisbored » Logged
natalyahasdied
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #879 on: May 28, 2014, 08:30:39 PM »

seemes extremely related to the fact that you can softlock like that with time stop when you cancel it with another textbox then oi/play ocarina. i don't know if it happened to be what you did or a related effect, interesting though
Elevated
Deku Scrub

« Reply #880 on: June 24, 2014, 06:44:19 AM »

I was told this is known. Clipping through the block and sidehopping leads to the first floor of dodongo's unloaded

I was trying to damage-boost jumpslash with the bomb flower from this side to reach the bomb bag chest
nathanisbored
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #881 on: June 24, 2014, 07:39:53 AM »

I was trying to damage-boost jumpslash with the bomb flower from this side to reach the bomb bag chest

If you want to reach the bomb bag chest from that side of the room you can just do a chu megaflip or damage boost from the beginning of the room to the pillar with the pot on it. If you don't have chus, it might be possible to megaflip off the bomb flower to reach the pillar, idk.
Elevated
Deku Scrub

« Reply #882 on: June 24, 2014, 05:08:38 PM »

it's probably possible to toss the bomb from bomb flower to the side that gets blown up (after blowing it up) and then jump and climb the ledge and set up a jump slash damage boost to the pillar
nathanisbored
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #883 on: July 04, 2014, 03:52:07 AM »

I was wondering about something that was tested awhile back.

After you do a blue warp CS skip, the screen flashes and loading zones are temporarily disabled. Because of this, you can walk into the doorway and have the loading zone appear on top of you.

Awhile back, I suggested trying to stand in the doorway with FW text up and select yes as the loading zone appears. Apparently people tested this and said it causes a void warp in most dungeons (makes sense, loading zone entrance takes priority because it loads later, but FW coords dont get overwritten). However I believe someone said it crashes if you do it in spirit temple.

The only reason I can think of it crashing is because of the requiem cutscene. But the requiem cutscene uses an alternate cutscene setup, so in theory it could have the same effect as the blue warps in deku/dc/fire. If that was the case, then depending on where you had set FW, you could either crash OR you could WW to different places.

Now I'm not sure if requiem cs is cutscene #0 or cutscene #1. If it's cutscene #1, then it would be mostly useless. But either way, has this been looked into? and if it doesn't work, why not?
cafde
Site Editor
Regular Guay

FrankerZ

« Reply #884 on: July 04, 2014, 06:33:50 AM »

I was wondering about something that was tested awhile back.

After you do a blue warp CS skip, the screen flashes and loading zones are temporarily disabled. Because of this, you can walk into the doorway and have the loading zone appear on top of you.

Awhile back, I suggested trying to stand in the doorway with FW text up and select yes as the loading zone appears. Apparently people tested this and said it causes a void warp in most dungeons (makes sense, loading zone entrance takes priority because it loads later, but FW coords dont get overwritten). However I believe someone said it crashes if you do it in spirit temple.

The only reason I can think of it crashing is because of the requiem cutscene. But the requiem cutscene uses an alternate cutscene setup, so in theory it could have the same effect as the blue warps in deku/dc/fire. If that was the case, then depending on where you had set FW, you could either crash OR you could WW to different places.

Now I'm not sure if requiem cs is cutscene #0 or cutscene #1. If it's cutscene #1, then it would be mostly useless. But either way, has this been looked into? and if it doesn't work, why not?

I did it with spirit temple a long time ago and it didn't crash. I couldn't get requiem cutscene to play no matter how close of a coordinate I tried though I guess it's completely dependent on that exit or something

Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 66
  Print  

Jump to: