ZSR Forums
April 19, 2024, 06:47:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 66
  Print  
Author Topic: OoT / MQ Trick Research & Discovery Thread  (Read 1251091 times)
Zephiles
Deku Scrub

« Reply #855 on: March 28, 2014, 01:48:36 AM »

I found a method for weirdshot that works for both child and adult, although it's more precise as adult.
Mainly posting this because there seems to be no better weirdshot method for child.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdHn2ugBS0w
Torlof
Deku Scrub

« Reply #856 on: March 28, 2014, 05:50:15 PM »

After seeing this I wondered whether anyone has ever tried doing a void warp + letting escape timer run out on the same frame. What happens when you hit 3 loading zones at once?
natalyahasdied
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #857 on: March 28, 2014, 08:19:14 PM »

nothing particularly special, you just warp and warp right after, with the end result being back outside the load zone as if you came from it (this is from memory, might be wrong on the order)
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #858 on: March 28, 2014, 08:54:18 PM »

I've seen something like this before when using codes, but the behavior is somewhat different here for some reason.

When using codes, if I've zoned out while locking my coordinates, If I don't unlock them fast enough it sets the respawn coordinates to Link's x,y,z leading to infinite oobs much like this.

Without testing myself, what looks like is happening is...
  • Tower Timer initiates reload
  • Link's Y drops enough to trigger the zone out
  • Respawn coordinates are set to either Link's position where either the Tower Timer runs out, or when the zone out is triggered?
  • Ganon Timer re-heals normally

The Tower Timer is a bit confusing to me because if you leave Tower Collapse it's behavior changes to be a trade item timer, even if you return to Tower Collapse (as long as you don't re-trigger the tower collapse sequence).

In any case I don't see it being useful since void warps aren't wrong warps.

Edit: Notes on how the Tower Collapse timer works

• The tower collapse timer is the Adult Trade Quest timer.
  • What separates them is some currently unknown check (probably checks if the scene is a tower collapse scene), and two temporary switch flags set during tower collapse:
    • Temp Switch 0x2F sets that the tower collapse sequence has started
    • Temp Switch 0x2E determines if the timer is either a Tower Collapse timer or an Adult Trade timer
  • While inside of a Tower Collapse scene, the following occurs when each flag is set to these states:

0x2F0x2EResult
    00When the timer expires, it behaves like a trade timer
    01When the timer value is 0 (doesn't have to be on screen), warp to the top of Ganon's Tower. Softlock occurs because the timer remains at 0
    10When timer expires, it simply disappears and you stay in Tower Collapse
    11Normal

The crazy thing is that the Tower Collapse/Adult Trade timer state is determined by temporary switch flags since those are just a general purpose set of flags, which can be manipulated to a degree through wrong warping.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 11:42:30 PM by mzxrules » Logged

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
whyieyesya
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #859 on: March 31, 2014, 09:51:41 AM »

So the "god HESS"/instaclip has an 8% chance of working. Has anyone checked if void warp similar to the adult one where you use a bomb is feasible with a rock? Maybe the probability of it happening is lower, but at least you don't have to get a HESS.

Or is it impossible to do it the adult way as child?
Jbop
Twenty-three is number one! Do you think I'm a traitor?

« Reply #860 on: March 31, 2014, 03:53:51 PM »

It's not possible

Quote from:  ZFG on March 24, 2008, 8:27:24 AM
Quote from:  Prognosis_4 on March 24, 2008, 8:25:50 AM
Why are you guys so certain it's possible?
Because its OoT.
MichaelRadar
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #861 on: April 02, 2014, 07:12:58 PM »

Hey guys, I found this setup for wrong warp (that's very very easy to do) with a deku stick...might be useful if swordless any% becomes a thing.

Feel free to try it out, improve upon it etc.
http://youtu.be/zqgqRa7pxyc

EDIT: Here is a nutless version as well
http://www.twitch.tv/michaelradar/c/3999951 (Very easy, very consistent! more so than the other)
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 02:31:02 AM by MichaelRadar » Logged
gymnast86
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #862 on: April 09, 2014, 05:45:11 AM »

I'd never seen this happen anywhere so I thought I'd post it here, just some weird stuff that happened with the shadow temple truth spinner
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNw_c1IoqoM
nathanisbored
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #863 on: April 09, 2014, 05:55:47 AM »

I'd never seen this happen anywhere so I thought I'd post it here, just some weird stuff that happened with the shadow temple truth spinner
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNw_c1IoqoM

the trigger just doesn't activate if you arent holding onto the thing when it hits the next spot afaik. You can just let go as soon as you start pushing or pulling to do this easily
nathanisbored
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #864 on: April 17, 2014, 04:05:40 AM »

It occurred to me you can probably get damage ISG on Ganon which might be a tiny bit faster for any%. You might have to actually hit his sword with your sword for it to work, so I'm not sure, but I think it should be possible. I can't look into it atm but since any% is stupid optimized now, it might be good.
Zeldoge
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #865 on: April 19, 2014, 02:26:45 PM »

Hey guys, just wanna show you the DC WW-setup (adult) I use. It's faster than the common strat and easy to do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gnaf1VyDqxM
nathanisbored
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #866 on: April 19, 2014, 10:41:15 PM »

This might already be known, but I think a lot of people don't understand collection delay anyway so:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRCZuYnul8k

Also there should be a page about this glitch on the site

EDIT: There are two climbing animations. One will work and one won't. If you climb up while hanging from a ledge it will work, but if you climb up while on a ladder or vines or standing on lower ground, it won't.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 11:58:47 PM by nathanisbored » Logged
nathanisbored
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #867 on: April 22, 2014, 06:41:08 AM »

So I tested some more collection delay stuff. Turns out you can do it by walking out of an NPC's speak range at the same time you start talking to them to get the item. When the conversation ends, you get an input frame. I've only tested this with the cucco lady as child so far, but I see no reason it wouldn't work elsewhere as well.

This happened in Cosmo's stream while he was practicing awhile back, but it was passed off as being some iQue hyrule field glitch or something. It happens on VC as well however.

If this method of collection delay is indeed universal, then it obsoletes the method I posted above. Although it's also more precise and would only really save time in a speedrun for gold scale early (barely).

Also this method only works for NPCs and not item drops, obviously. Not that that would ever matter Tongue

NOTE: This is separate from the glitch where you talk to the lady too fast after throwing the last cucco into the pen. When you do this, you get the sound effect as if you got all the cuccos, but she gives you the text as if you didn't. She also holds her arms out permanently, and you can't talk to her.

EDIT: You might be able to use collection delay to get the diving heart piece in lakeside lab without diving. If you show the eyedrops and delay a frame, it might give you an HP. In fact, it might be possible to do this repeatedly to dupe HPs this way :0
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 07:22:21 AM by nathanisbored » Logged
Zeldoge
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #868 on: April 22, 2014, 07:47:47 PM »

Hey again, here is a way to save 3 seconds at nabooru cs skip (comparison in the video).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbwWi-wynuk
Hitting him even more often while walking is pointless, he will still do 2 slashes.
natalyahasdied
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #869 on: May 09, 2014, 09:20:03 PM »

sorry for the massively old bump but

Maybe, but it was too difficult to try with sarias song. It seems pretty random which text boxes start the timer and which don't. There are a couple in saria's text but they are in the middle so there is not enough time to cancel out of the text and get on epona. Most normal text does not start the timer, it seems to mostly happen on certain text boxes that can be scrolled through quickly by mashing B, but not all.

As far as I have tested, while the whiteout occurs, you can't enter any input whatsoever. (irrelevant of text up) The only timer expiration you can do anything in is the Ganon's Castle Tower Collapse but that's an entirely different thing. It'd be cool to understand what goes on here and whether it is avoidable (ganon's castle tower collapse fail/crush timer is voidwarpable this way and trade item timers might be to)
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 66
  Print  

Jump to: