ZSR Forums
March 29, 2024, 07:06:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 66
  Print  
Author Topic: OoT / MQ Trick Research & Discovery Thread  (Read 1242613 times)
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #825 on: January 13, 2014, 08:56:17 AM »

Another Exodus vid: Sling, Chus, Bow on B as Adult http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zyoCy38pqY

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
Exodus122
Regular Guay

« Reply #826 on: January 13, 2014, 05:50:22 PM »

There is another way I thought of that is tas only. You can put the slingshot or bombchus on temp b with fishing rod as child then warp out with a timer. You have to delay a one minute timer all the way from child market to fishing pond though, so it'd be tas only to delay it that much. Stopping the timer doesn't seem to work when you have  stacked timers, but I could be wrong.

When you BA Minigame items, they will stay on B if one of the following conditions is met:
1. Windy B is active
2. The minigame item is also on Temp B

nathanisbored
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #827 on: January 13, 2014, 07:17:26 PM »

Stopping the timer doesn't seem to work when you have  stacked timers, but I could be wrong.

I think it does work, but when you select to warp with FW it unfreezes the stored timer. So when Ingo's timer runs out, it reverts back to the item timer which is now unfrozen.
r0bd0g
Regular Guay

« Reply #828 on: January 14, 2014, 06:19:38 PM »

How to Kill a Big Poe 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FH0Kp2QJovQ
KaizoMK
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #829 on: February 14, 2014, 01:48:44 AM »

I can do ocarina items perfectly anywhere else, but for some reason whenever I backflip into the blue warp in Gohma's lair and try to OI I just draw my sword and walk in.  Any idea what I'm doing wrong here?
gamestabled
Site Editor
Special Guay

B e t A Q u e S t

« Reply #830 on: February 14, 2014, 02:32:20 AM »

You are most likely doing something in the setup wrong and landing too far in the warp

when i grow up, i wanna be just like taylortotftw
Jbop
Twenty-three is number one! Do you think I'm a traitor?

« Reply #831 on: February 14, 2014, 03:14:36 AM »

You are most likely doing something in the setup wrong and landing too far in the warp

This, and/or you're doing OI too slowly. There's a slightly smaller window for doing OI into a blue warp than there is if you're just doing it normally to play a song.

Also please post in the Q&A thread for help with established tricks  Wink

Quote from:  ZFG on March 24, 2008, 8:27:24 AM
Quote from:  Prognosis_4 on March 24, 2008, 8:25:50 AM
Why are you guys so certain it's possible?
Because its OoT.
noxx
Deku Scrub

« Reply #832 on: February 18, 2014, 08:37:01 PM »

Gerudo Valley Void Easy & Fast (Adult)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8QJCpO100M
nathanisbored
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #833 on: February 20, 2014, 07:39:01 AM »

I know this video is a little old, but why does this work?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74CA9BlFn-k

Normally an item timer is supposed to restore the sword (or whatever is in temp b) when it warps you away if b is a non-sword item. I guess that only happens when the clock actually ticks down from 1 to 0, but not if you unfreeze a frozen timer? If that's the case, then why wouldn't this work with other minigames?
Exodus122
Regular Guay

« Reply #834 on: February 20, 2014, 07:06:15 PM »

I know this video is a little old, but why does this work?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74CA9BlFn-k

Normally an item timer is supposed to restore the sword (or whatever is in temp b) when it warps you away if b is a non-sword item. I guess that only happens when the clock actually ticks down from 1 to 0, but not if you unfreeze a frozen timer? If that's the case, then why wouldn't this work with other minigames?

I looked into it and it kind of makes sense. He got the rod with master sword on B so when he first entered the shop these were his values:

B: 60 (master sword)
Temp B: 255 (blank/empty, used in shops to dim b)

When he got the rod the b button no longer needs to be dimmed of course so the item on B gets pushed to temp B and rod (89) goes on B.

B: 89 (rod)
Temp B: 60 (master sword, restored when quitting the minigame)

When the screen begins to fade into white, temp b is restored to B. So temp B and B are both at 60 (master sword) during the white fade-out.

B: 60 (master sword)
Temp B: 60 (master sword)

However, if the text box is canceled fairly quickly after this fade-out starts, the item that was on b (in this case the rod) is restored to b yet again (despite not being on temp b at the moment, interestingly). So now you have this:

B: 89 (rod)
Temp B:60 (master sword)

Because the fade-out already started and thus the temp b item has already been pushed to B, it does not happen again and allows you to keep the rod during the warp.

It appears the the stopped timer allows you to keep B button items on B despite running out of time if you cancel the text box before you are warped away. The reason this works is that the text from the trade item cannot come up on screen because there is already text on the screen. Also, while testing this, I figured out you can do it without talking to the guy twice. If you get the white fade-out to begin before the rod is placed on B then manage to cancel the last text during the fade-out, it will warp you out with the rod still on B

So now that I've explained that I can address your other questions.

This does not work on the archery games because the temp B item is pushed to B before the text from the archery guy comes up. You already have you temp B item back on B before the warp starts.

The Chu minigame is more likely to work but there is a text box at the end telling you what you are playing for that causes the white fade-out but does not allow mashing to get past, making it impossible to get into the game and talk to her before the white fade-out begins.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 07:08:19 PM by Exodus122 » Logged

nathanisbored
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #835 on: February 20, 2014, 08:48:16 PM »

So now that I've explained that I can address your other questions.

This does not work on the archery games because the temp B item is pushed to B before the text from the archery guy comes up. You already have you temp B item back on B before the warp starts.

The Chu minigame is more likely to work but there is a text box at the end telling you what you are playing for that causes the white fade-out but does not allow mashing to get past, making it impossible to get into the game and talk to her before the white fade-out begins.

What about using RCE and then playing a warp song/saria's song to unfreeze the timer? I'm not sure I fully understood what you were saying about the fadeout, but I'll take your word that it doesn't work in other minigames.

EDIT: Actually, if I understand this correctly, I guess you could unfreeze the timer and then quickly mount Epona after the fadeout begins. Would that not work??
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 11:17:14 PM by nathanisbored » Logged
Exodus122
Regular Guay

« Reply #836 on: February 21, 2014, 12:41:13 AM »

What about using RCE and then playing a warp song/saria's song to unfreeze the timer? I'm not sure I fully understood what you were saying about the fadeout, but I'll take your word that it doesn't work in other minigames.

EDIT: Actually, if I understand this correctly, I guess you could unfreeze the timer and then quickly mount Epona after the fadeout begins. Would that not work??

Maybe, but it was too difficult to try with sarias song. It seems pretty random which text boxes start the timer and which don't. There are a couple in saria's text but they are in the middle so there is not enough time to cancel out of the text and get on epona. Most normal text does not start the timer, it seems to mostly happen on certain text boxes that can be scrolled through quickly by mashing B, but not all.

nathanisbored
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #837 on: February 21, 2014, 01:39:58 AM »

Maybe, but it was too difficult to try with sarias song. It seems pretty random which text boxes start the timer and which don't. There are a couple in saria's text but they are in the middle so there is not enough time to cancel out of the text and get on epona. Most normal text does not start the timer, it seems to mostly happen on certain text boxes that can be scrolled through quickly by mashing B, but not all.

I thought the way it worked was that the timer doesn't unfreeze unless you select a green text option in a dialogue box, and then the next textbox that you don't speed through after that will trigger it.
nathanisbored
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #838 on: February 22, 2014, 09:34:57 PM »

This is probably already known and it's useless, but you can get both the Ice Arrow and Light Arrow items onto your C buttons. Just use RBA to get a bottle over their inventory slot, equip the bottle, and then get the arrow normally. It will put the arrow in the inventory slot, but you will still have a bottle on your C button linked to that slot. Then just go back and forth through time to turn the bottle into the arrow item.

Also unrelated, I thought that you couldn't get collection delay from the cucco lady on 1.2, but it happened to me on iQue. I was mashing through the text and accidentally dropped my B button bugs before she gave me Cojiro.
Exodus122
Regular Guay

« Reply #839 on: February 24, 2014, 03:21:23 AM »

This is probably already known and it's useless, but you can get both the Ice Arrow and Light Arrow items onto your C buttons. Just use RBA to get a bottle over their inventory slot, equip the bottle, and then get the arrow normally. It will put the arrow in the inventory slot, but you will still have a bottle on your C button linked to that slot. Then just go back and forth through time to turn the bottle into the arrow item.

Sounds neat, it's new to me at least. That is useful for 23 bottle runs I guess haha (don't have to go get boomerang and dupe over it). I think that was a large part of MP16's puzzle race so you just solved a part of it. The RBA page can be updated now to say that those are now possible to equip on buttons.

Also unrelated, I thought that you couldn't get collection delay from the cucco lady on 1.2, but it happened to me on iQue. I was mashing through the text and accidentally dropped my B button bugs before she gave me Cojiro.

Collection Delay is possible on all versions for a few trading sequence items. At least I'm sure it can happen when trading for Cojiro and the Poacher's Saw. In bingo races we are always careful not to mash B in those places so we don't lose our Black Gauntlets and Song of Time. I think the only one they fixed was King Zora.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 03:28:50 AM by Exodus122 » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 66
  Print  

Jump to: