ZSR Forums
March 29, 2024, 09:31:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 66
  Print  
Author Topic: OoT / MQ Trick Research & Discovery Thread  (Read 1242639 times)
quo
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #795 on: December 23, 2013, 11:17:50 PM »

http://youtu.be/h33OUAYrAMw

New gerudo bridge mega
Izraill
Deku Scrub

« Reply #796 on: January 01, 2014, 08:44:39 PM »

I found this setup for Pokey escape, I don't know if it has been found before, if it has I wasn't able to find any videos about it. It is faster than c-up method, but somewhat slower than the slash method. (video is tutorial-style for beginners, real time is obv. faster.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amH9AOovffw

It can also be done away from the wall (near the exit) by using z-target to look towards the wall used, so it can be fixed or used as a backup strat in case you miss ISG.
Guiren
Deku Scrub

« Reply #797 on: January 06, 2014, 01:35:48 PM »

I was wondering if anyone has already ideas on how you could skip the Ocarina dumb minigame in LW as child (the one with the random notes and 2 skull kids).

I quickly tried Down A collection delay on the first prize, on 1.2 and 1.0, and what I tried just didn't work. Are there "underground" ways to get a collection delay, or something similar, that would change what you get ? 100% needs to find a way to remove this ><
nathanisbored
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #798 on: January 07, 2014, 09:45:02 PM »

Crazy theory: FW on B as child.

1. Get cojiro or prescription.
2. Get FW on B as adult.
3. Set FW outside Lon Lon.
4. Enter Ingo's game and mount/dismount a horse to store FW to Temp B.
5. Use FW to escape Ingo's game (windy B).
6. Do NOT ever dim the B button from now on. Trade your item for one with a timer.
7. Freeze the timer via voiding at the right time (use pit outside Ganon's Tower for voiding?)
8. Return to child.
9. Without ever dimming the B button, reach Gohma's room.
10. Do Ganondoor (windy B unrestricts ocarina in boss rooms). Remember you can't use deku nuts for a setup.
11. Reach the Ganon fight (idk if the collapse timer will screw up the stored item timer).
12. After Ganon makes you swordless, use saria's song to unfreeze the timer.
13. After warping back to lost woods or whatever, make your way back to Lon Lon (during daytime), making sure B never dims on the way.
14. Upon entering LLR, your blank B should turn back into Temp B (which is hopefully FW, assuming the Ganon fight doesn't affect Temp B).
15. FW on B as child?? It would be blank again if you savewarp, die, run out a timer, or get caught by guards.

There's probably a bunch of roadblocks I didn't account for, or other reasons this won't work. It's very possible after doing all this you will just end up with blank B in the end. I'm also worried about the collapse timer. Anyway, I might not get around to testing this for awhile, but if anyone else wants to I figure I'd post it here.

EDIT: If this did work, you could probably also get any item value between 20-55 on B as child too. Just store one of these items to Temp B, BA FW, and THEN do windy B (and don't mount/dismount the horse in Ingo's minigame).
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 10:01:44 PM by nathanisbored » Logged
Jbop
Twenty-three is number one! Do you think I'm a traitor?

« Reply #799 on: January 07, 2014, 11:10:31 PM »

So I tested this on v1.0 emu.

1. You can't use Ganon's Tower to void out as I suspected, since it's not actually a "void". However, there are plenty of places you can get OoB to stop the timer.
2. Ganon's Castle timer overwrites the timer.
3. I just used OI to warp away.
4. When I got to LLR as child my B button stayed blank although Temp B was still FW.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 11:12:47 PM by Jbop » Logged

Quote from:  ZFG on March 24, 2008, 8:27:24 AM
Quote from:  Prognosis_4 on March 24, 2008, 8:25:50 AM
Why are you guys so certain it's possible?
Because its OoT.
nathanisbored
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #800 on: January 07, 2014, 11:24:48 PM »

So I tested this on v1.0 emu.

1. You can't use Ganon's Tower to void out as I suspected, since it's not actually a "void". However, there are plenty of places you can get OoB to stop the timer.
2. Ganon's Castle timer overwrites the timer.
3. I just used OI to warp away.
4. When I got to LLR as child my B button stayed blank although Temp B was still FW.

How did you use OI to warp away? During windy B, you can't use warp songs.
Jbop

« Reply #801 on: January 08, 2014, 12:29:37 AM »

How did you use OI to warp away? During windy B, you can't use warp songs.

Well after I "escaped" LLR I reentered the ranch to undim my C-buttons. Idk if that messes anything up (thinking now I believe it might hehe), but there was no other way to trade items :/

Because its OoT.
nathanisbored
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #802 on: January 08, 2014, 12:39:38 AM »

Well after I "escaped" LLR I reentered the ranch to undim my C-buttons. Idk if that messes anything up (thinking now I believe it might hehe), but there was no other way to trade items :/

Oh duh, I forgot you can't trade items LOL
I'm guessing the Ingo game timer overwrites the item timer too, and you can't get it back?
Jbop

« Reply #803 on: January 08, 2014, 02:06:51 AM »

Oh duh, I forgot you can't trade items LOL
I'm guessing the Ingo game timer overwrites the item timer too, and you can't get it back?
I'm not exactly sure what you mean, but the Ingo timer and item timer are each one of the different types of timers (which I aptly like to call "white" and yellow" OpieOP), so they don't overwrite one another.

Because its OoT.
nathanisbored
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #804 on: January 08, 2014, 02:47:17 AM »

I'm not exactly sure what you mean, but the Ingo timer and item timer are each one of the different types of timers (which I aptly like to call "white" and yellow" OpieOP), so they don't overwrite one another.

Well I mean, could you store the timer before doing Windy B? And would you still have it afterwards? Basically we need a way to escape the Ganon battle with Windy B still active, because entering LLR with Windy B active with a non-sword item on B restores Temp B. So it's the only way to directly restore Temp B as Child.
Jbop

« Reply #805 on: January 08, 2014, 03:26:17 AM »

Well I mean, could you store the timer before doing Windy B? And would you still have it afterwards? Basically we need a way to escape the Ganon battle with Windy B still active, because entering LLR with Windy B active with a non-sword item on B restores Temp B. So it's the only way to directly restore Temp B as Child.
Ah I understand now. Yeah I don't see why you wouldn't be able to store the timer before hand, unless the Ingo text triggers the warp. Even so, you should still be able to have the timer running and do the Ingo minigame if need be.

EDIT: OK tried it, and it works! However it works slightly differently lol. Here are the steps and what happened:

1. Got FW on B.
2. Got Mushroom + Timer.
3. Set FW outside LLR.
4. Went in to LLR, did Ingo minigame, mounted/dismounted horse.
5. Escaped with Windy B.
6. Waited for the Ingo timer to run out, and after it did the item timer ran out because I used FW.
7. I used L to Levitate to void out and timer stop (although you could easily get OoB somewhere).
8. Went back to child.
9. Used a couple cheats to get to Gohma's room and wrong warp, simply because I had not previously beaten the dungeon.
10. During the CS with Zelda I noticed the HUD remained onscreen, which was interesting...
11. Went down Castle Escape normally w/ cheats, but I believe you'd have to void warp and die and then revive with a fairy or something to do it legit. The castle timer overwrote the timer lol I forgot that >_>
12. Got to Ganon fight and during the CS once again the HUD was visible for w/e reason lol
13. After Ganon knocked my sword away I had FW on B (? ? ?), but no way to warp away afaik.

So I didn't need to even go back to LLR or have the timer I guess, but I can't do anything with it >.<
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 04:11:23 AM by Jbop » Logged

Because its OoT.
nathanisbored
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #806 on: January 08, 2014, 04:19:11 AM »

Ah I understand now. Yeah I don't see why you wouldn't be able to store the timer before hand, unless the Ingo text triggers the warp. Even so, you should still be able to have the timer running and do the Ingo minigame if need be.

EDIT: OK tried it, and it works! However it works slightly differently lol. Here are the steps and what happened:

1. Got FW on B.
2. Got Mushroom + Timer.
3. Set FW outside LLR.
4. Went in to LLR, did Ingo minigame, mounted/dismounted horse.
5. Escaped with Windy B.
6. Waited for the Ingo timer to run out, and after it did the item timer ran out because I used FW.
7. I used L to Levitate to void out and timer stop (although you could easily get OoB somewhere).
8. Went back to child.
9. Used a couple cheats to get to Gohma's room and wrong warp, simply because I had not previously beaten the dungeon.
10. During the CS with Zelda I noticed the HUD remained onscreen, which was interesting...
11. Went down Castle Escape normally w/ cheats, but I believe you'd have to void warp and die and then revive with a fairy or something to do it legit. The castle timer overwrote the timer lol I forgot that >_>
12. Got to Ganon fight and during the CS once again the HUD was visible for w/e reason lol
13. After Ganon knocked my sword away I had FW on B (? ? ?), but no way to warp away afaik.

So I didn't need to even go back to LLR or have the timer I guess, but I can't do anything with it >.<

Huh, that's really weird that you didn't have to go back to LLR... Does FW (real FW) work right after the wrong warp still? If so maybe you could set it to warp back once you get FW on B.
nathanisbored
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #807 on: January 08, 2014, 09:18:42 PM »

I just tested and it works! I'll upload a video soonish.
Jbop

« Reply #808 on: January 08, 2014, 09:44:09 PM »

I just tested and it works! I'll upload a video soonish.

Great!
Also I forgot to say that when I was testing, after the Ganon-knocks-away-your-nonexistent-Master-Sword cutscene, I hilariously tried to figure out ways to escape for like 15 minutes without even realizing FW was on B lmao

I wonder, would this work on 1.1 and 1.2 the same way?

EDIT: Idk why I said void warp would be necessary; I forgot you had Kokiri sword! Dang I really wasn't paying attention to the B button was I? Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 01:48:49 AM by Jbop » Logged

Because its OoT.
r0bd0g
Regular Guay

« Reply #809 on: January 08, 2014, 10:22:16 PM »

Does anybody remember what we were going to do with child ba if we ever found it, or did we not think that far ahead?
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 66
  Print  

Jump to: