ZSR Forums
April 20, 2024, 08:07:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 66
  Print  
Author Topic: OoT / MQ Trick Research & Discovery Thread  (Read 1251205 times)
r0bd0g
Regular Guay

« Reply #615 on: August 13, 2012, 03:06:31 AM »

Unfortunately... there's no known in-bounds fwww to a grotto.

The exit for getting caught by a guard (not the first time when the cutscene plays) in Gerudo Fortress hasn't been tested, though, and should lead to grottos. One thing though is that when people tested getting caught before, for some reason it took them to the jail cell, which it shouldn't have unless there's something weird about the way getting caught works (or maybe they just messed up the timing or something). The other ww to the grottos is Kak->Shooting Gallery, but it's apparently OoB...
Jeville
Special Guay

"special"

« Reply #616 on: September 06, 2012, 02:58:11 AM »

I was going to ask if MM behaves the same way, until I realize we don't get the quitting option on a death. :\
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 03:17:19 AM by Jeville » Logged
EverAlert
Regular Guay

« Reply #617 on: September 08, 2012, 03:30:25 AM »

http://www.twitch.tv/everalert/b/331426672

This started happening to me when I pressure jump. Is this new/does anyone know how to make it consistent?
ZFG
Mega Guay

also pheenoh <3

« Reply #618 on: September 08, 2012, 03:40:12 PM »

http://www.twitch.tv/everalert/b/331426672

This started happening to me when I pressure jump. Is this new/does anyone know how to make it consistent?
It's just timing the jump well, and that's the best timing you can get.

I for one think that there are no glitches in OoT. It's just gameshark codes.

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #619 on: September 09, 2012, 08:13:41 PM »

Lol, if you come from the Deku Tree, a Giant Deku Baba will get caught on the stuff hanging from the side and dismember itself
« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 08:16:42 PM by mzxrules » Logged

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #620 on: September 09, 2012, 10:53:35 PM »

Discovered how to skip the prescription, thanks to Jarvitz's video.

Get ANY Adult Trade Item, then when you get Zora's Armor perform collection delay (the last dialog box is the one where he says Tunic in red) with the hookshot. Aim slightly up and hold Z.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 11:17:51 PM by mzxrules » Logged

Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
Kimimaru
Regular Guay

« Reply #621 on: September 09, 2012, 11:41:46 PM »

I'm not sure what you mean. Isn't the item before the prescription an Adult trade item? Should King Zora be unthawed before doing this, and how do you do the Hookshot collection delay?
« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 11:43:20 PM by Kimimaru » Logged
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #622 on: September 10, 2012, 12:48:51 AM »

I'm not sure what you mean. Isn't the item before the prescription an Adult trade item? Should King Zora be unthawed before doing this, and how do you do the Hookshot collection delay?

Any Adult Trade item as in you can stick a bottle in there.

Bad news. I'm very confident that this glitch is a 1.0/1.1 exclusive. In 1.0, there's a frame where the map, the C-Items, and Navi icon appear before disappearing completely. In 1.2, all three appear at the same time that item collection occurs. Thus, collection delay is most likely impossible.

Braid
Pheenoh
Site Editor
Special Guay

Locked in cafde's basement

Email
« Reply #623 on: September 10, 2012, 04:12:37 AM »

Any Adult Trade item as in you can stick a bottle in there.

Bad news. I'm very confident that this glitch is a 1.0/1.1 exclusive. In 1.0, there's a frame where the map, the C-Items, and Navi icon appear before disappearing completely. In 1.2, all three appear at the same time that item collection occurs. Thus, collection delay is most likely impossible.
This is correct. This trick is NTSC 1.0, 1.1, and NTSC-J 1.0 only. I don't know about PAL yet. No official VC releases will work.

<yashichidsf> tompa should default be a mod on everything related to srl
<yashichidsf> while i'm not a big fan of modding bots, i think tompa is really well programmed
Kimimaru
Regular Guay

« Reply #624 on: September 10, 2012, 05:15:52 PM »

Is there a video of this?
Greenalink
Special Guay

DS Dictator

« Reply #625 on: September 10, 2012, 05:35:54 PM »

R.I.P

100% Segmented Team Run

Quick someone make a unofficial N64 save manager that saves backup data from actual N64 carts and not the Controller Pak data.

New DS PHAT Capture Device on its way (Sep 2011)!!!
More info:
http://forum.speeddemosarchive.com/post/3ds_capture_device_214.html

Yes I am a speed runner focused on DS games
Notable runs:
Phantom Hourglass
SM64 DS
New Super Mario Bros (DS).
Pheenoh
Site Editor
Special Guay

Locked in cafde's basement

Email
« Reply #626 on: September 10, 2012, 06:02:36 PM »

www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzGr-WpZBOs

R.I.P

100% Segmented Team Run
Yeah, we're discontinuing it because the VC route would be slower. It was pretty much dead when wrong warp was found, anyway. We just tried to save it by modifying a few segments, but now it's impossible to save.

<yashichidsf> tompa should default be a mod on everything related to srl
<yashichidsf> while i'm not a big fan of modding bots, i think tompa is really well programmed
jarvitz
Site Editor
Deku Scrub

« Reply #627 on: September 10, 2012, 06:07:03 PM »

original vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_3Jt0vR5Lw
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #628 on: September 11, 2012, 09:49:44 AM »

More Wrong warping crazies.

Aparently, sva discovered that it's possible to Ganondoor wrong warp as an adult from a save warp a month ago by simply pausing the game.

Looked into it myself and I discovered that you can do the same as a child by backtracking to Link's house and pressing start there.

Basically, when you pause the game on certain maps, you can overwrite a important portion of the intro cutscene, causing it to not play. I do not know why it acts differently for child link.

Edit: Forgot to say which wrong warp.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 06:14:43 AM by mzxrules » Logged

Braid
Exodus122
Regular Guay

« Reply #629 on: September 12, 2012, 03:18:00 PM »

I'm lost. What did sva do? Pause the game after savewarping then did a wrong warp of some kind?

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 66
  Print  

Jump to: