ZSR Forums
April 19, 2024, 03:45:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 66
  Print  
Author Topic: OoT / MQ Trick Research & Discovery Thread  (Read 1251074 times)
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #585 on: June 10, 2012, 01:22:50 AM »

R0bd0g discovered that it's possible to reach the file select screen without returning to the hyrule field intro cutscene, and I helped!

To do it, you have to press start when the game starts to fade the screen out of Hyrule Field. You won't be able to hear an audible tone if it worked. Then, press start any time after the next cutscene begins.

With this, I'm 99% confident you can now save warp out of Gohma if you use the Nabooru Demo cutscene as your last cutscene.

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
Runnerguy2489
Special Guay

I'm not your buddy, guay!

« Reply #586 on: June 10, 2012, 10:42:07 PM »

R0bd0g discovered that it's possible to reach the file select screen without returning to the hyrule field intro cutscene, and I helped!

To do it, you have to press start when the game starts to fade the screen out of Hyrule Field. You won't be able to hear an audible tone if it worked. Then, press start any time after the next cutscene begins.

With this, I'm 99% confident you can now save warp out of Gohma if you use the Nabooru Demo cutscene as your last cutscene.
I tested on emulator and it worked for Nabooru Demo. Sweet.

runnerguy your such a mother fucker. whats with all this bombchu shit? all everyone who likes this shit is stupid. ur a fucking cheater. u did that the wrong way, thats not how to get past the king zora u cheater. u suck and i wont continue watching all ur shit! videos.
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #587 on: June 11, 2012, 04:01:45 PM »

I figured out "Beta Quest", and discovered something new with the new title screen glitch.

8011B92F, (Listed in PJ64 as Beta Quest\Set HUD always On/Off) actually stores what state the game is in. There are three states that I know of

00 = Normal Play Mode
01 = Title Screen (Demo) Mode
02 = File Select Mode

When you spam press start when the during the fade out transition at the right time, the game moves on to mode 02 for File Select, but the next scene has already started loading, so you don't immediately end up at the file select screen just yet. As long as the game mode is 02, every time a scene is (re)loaded (unless you're already on the file select screen) it will take you back to the file select screen, which means that instead of pressing start when the next "demo" cutscene plays, you can wait it out instead and still reach the title screen.

Now to "Beta Quest". There are two things that ultimately separate normal wrong warping from "Beta Quest".

The first is this game mode value. When it's set to 01 for the Title Screen/Demo Mode, the game will always attempt to play a cutscene, until it's unset by watching a cutscene. This value is only set on the title screen.

The second factor is the cutscene/entrance offset (8111A5DA). If this value is set between FFF0 and FFFF when a scene is loading, a cutscene (determined by the last digit) plays. When the Play Beta Quest Worlds cheat (8011B9E3) is activated on loading the game, it sets the cutscene/entrance offset to a value between FF00-FF0F, but the game state will be 01 for the Title Screen.

When this occurs, the game sets up as if it were going to play a cutscene (because a cutscene is always played when the game state is 01), but the cutscene fails to play because the cutscene/entrance offset is out of range. However, the last digit of the cutscene/entrance offset still determines which cutscene to play, and affects what the "true" entrance offset ends up being when touching scene entrances.

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
ducky
Deku Scrub

« Reply #588 on: June 18, 2012, 11:52:24 PM »

Navi Dive to ZD from Lake Hylia, discovered by Kosmicd12 set up discovered by me.
http://www.twitch.tv/ducky1994/b/321901389
DekuScrub
Regular Guay

« Reply #589 on: June 20, 2012, 12:46:07 AM »

Haven't bothered until now to post this, but I do not know if this has happened to anyone else:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFw2wD1D-Zg

Only the start button works.

SOLD OUT
Kimimaru
Regular Guay

« Reply #590 on: June 21, 2012, 10:28:49 PM »

That looks like what happens when you use the Fishing Rod outside of the Fishing Pond, but you're still inside the pond. Weird...
Pheenoh
Site Editor
Special Guay

Locked in cafde's basement

Email
« Reply #591 on: June 21, 2012, 10:45:06 PM »

Navi Dive to ZD from Lake Hylia, discovered by Kosmicd12 set up discovered by me.
http://www.twitch.tv/ducky1994/b/321901389
I've not seen this before in reg OoT, but this has been known to work in 3DS for awhile now.

<yashichidsf> tompa should default be a mod on everything related to srl
<yashichidsf> while i'm not a big fan of modding bots, i think tompa is really well programmed
Pheenoh
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #592 on: June 24, 2012, 01:32:44 AM »

New Mirror Room Puzzle Skip setup:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nu0JvF8gilw

Found by sva  Smiley

<yashichidsf> while i'm not a big fan of modding bots, i think tompa is really well programmed
Lortwogo
Deku Scrub

« Reply #593 on: June 27, 2012, 08:33:54 AM »

Found a way to get double magic as a child using a bomb and the ocarina

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CPuhMDTZuA

No clue if this has already been found, I can't find it anywhere else so I guess not
Pheenoh
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #594 on: June 27, 2012, 09:35:21 AM »

No clue if this has already been found, I can't find it anywhere else so I guess not
Looks new to me, cool find.

Kimimaru
Regular Guay

« Reply #595 on: June 27, 2012, 07:58:11 PM »

How consistent can you get this working? I sometimes have trouble with the sidehopping method, so if this method is very consistent I might start using it instead.

EDIT: I tried it a lot and it's pretty consistent so far. Nice work!
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 08:19:27 PM by Kimimaru » Logged
Norkix
Special Guay

« Reply #596 on: July 02, 2012, 05:08:28 PM »

Useless Unloaded Forest Temple Room I dunno, I thought it was weird.

11:17 <Cosmo>: It's hard to tell what ASAP means with todays sequence breaks
Pheenoh
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #597 on: July 02, 2012, 09:37:36 PM »

Useless Unloaded Forest Temple Room I dunno, I thought it was weird.
lmao

sockfolder
Deku Scrub

« Reply #598 on: July 08, 2012, 09:19:13 PM »

So as Poodleskirt worked on his adult chu slide to get into shadow, we realized there were variable number of frames Link would still side roll after shield dropping a chu. After much effort, I figured out the cause, and it is quite odd.

As most know, after you backflip, Link will roll to the side. If you hold shield out after landing and wait a bit, Link will instead roll forward. Basically the cause of this is after a certain number of frames, the game corrects Link's 'movement direction' to be the way he is actually facing, to simplify things. The number of frame you get depend on Link's 'walk animation timer'.

What is this timer you ask? Well, since Link's animation changes speed depending on how fast he moves, the game needs to keep track of where Link is in his gait (e.g. left foot down and stepping forward with the right) so that the animation will be seemless. This timer is basically the measure of this. It is used during the walking animations and importantly, in Link's Z+R shuffle animation. Most of the time, the timer is reset at the start of the animation. However, for the Z+R animation, it just continues from the previous value.

The animation timer runs in a cycle from 0 to 29 (float). The speed it runs depends on Link's walking speed. For Z+R, it ticks 1.5 per frame. Now finally for the important part. When the timer is in the range 4.5-12.5 and 18.5-27.5, the game corrects Link's movement direction. That is, the sideroll stops working. So if your timer was 5 when you backflipped, you will have 1 (or 2? I need to check.) frames to side roll after shield dropping the chu. This is obviously bad. If you tap forward/backward for one frame, the timer will be ~0.8. This will give 4 frames I believe to side roll after the shield drop.

As a final incidental fact, I found the timer changes with Link's walk while holding out the spin attack. When he stops in this animation, the timer is actually set to 0 exactly. However, this isn't really useful to the chu slide setup.
leeboiy
Regular Guay

Well Come!

« Reply #599 on: July 16, 2012, 06:55:46 PM »

Good work.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 66
  Print  

Jump to: