ZSR Forums
March 29, 2024, 05:18:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 66
  Print  
Author Topic: OoT / MQ Trick Research & Discovery Thread  (Read 1242590 times)
D U F I
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #570 on: April 28, 2012, 04:05:08 PM »

That was found ages ago :/
poptart1234
Deku Panel Reject
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #571 on: April 28, 2012, 04:12:32 PM »

Sorry
Kimimaru
Regular Guay

« Reply #572 on: April 29, 2012, 03:43:37 AM »

It's also important to note that a Ground Jump can get you up there and thus is an easier and more reliable method.

EDIT: Or better yet, do the jumpslash from the top or the deku baba mega sidehop.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 08:42:44 PM by Kimimaru » Logged
Chain
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #573 on: April 30, 2012, 03:56:13 PM »

Description of video:
"According to ZSR this glitch happens because the web is not loaded by keeping the camera behind link however I have not done that here yet it still works.
I did this on an emulator as unfortunately I don't have my console with me at the moment so this may just be an emulator glitch, something for people to test."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lgiJKZnD64
Might be usefull in any%
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 04:19:46 PM by Chain » Logged
Pheenoh
Site Editor
Special Guay

Locked in cafde's basement

Email
« Reply #574 on: April 30, 2012, 04:43:47 PM »

Description of video:
"According to ZSR this glitch happens because the web is not loaded by keeping the camera behind link however I have not done that here yet it still works.
I did this on an emulator as unfortunately I don't have my console with me at the moment so this may just be an emulator glitch, something for people to test."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lgiJKZnD64
Might be usefull in any%
That's because it's wrong (sorta). That web clip is used in any%, and it's still unclear what causes the web to load. The only thing that is clear is once the basement is loaded a second time, the web becomes solid.

<yashichidsf> tompa should default be a mod on everything related to srl
<yashichidsf> while i'm not a big fan of modding bots, i think tompa is really well programmed
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #575 on: May 20, 2012, 04:37:19 AM »

Discovered some glitches with switches.

In the water temple, in the room where you have to push a block on top of the blue switch to raise the water level, if you game over or save and quit while standing on that switch, the puzzle will automatically complete itself.

Also in the water temple, the eye switch in the main room (second level) sets a perm scene flag when shot. If you shoot it and save quit before the gate shuts, you can hear the eye open when reloading the save. A similar situation occurs with the switch in the dragon's mouth in the whirlpool room.

In Dodongo's Cavern, if you die while standing on the blue switch there, the puzzle will automatically complete itself. It will (of course) reset itself if you exit the dungeon through the main exit.

Edit: More switch related stuff dealing with death wrong warping.

Farore's Wind apparently stores the state in which a room is entered, so normally it shouldn't be possible to store certain temp flags. However,  any temp flags like blue switches or the fire temple's crystal switches will remain set if you die while the switches are set. This will allow you to store certain temp flags that would otherwise be difficult to store.

As stated before, knocking down the ladder in the slingshot room in DT will cause the steps in DC to drop.

Using the SoT to move the ToT block at the north end of the large F1 room in the Fire Temple so that it's closer to the ground should cause the western "twisted corridor" room (next to the block puzzle room) in the Forest Temple to straighten out.

Using the SoT to move the ToT block by the Goron jail cell in the Fire Temple should cause the eastern "twisted corridor" room in the Forest Temple to become twisted.

« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 07:31:05 PM by mzxrules » Logged

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
ZFG
Mega Guay

also pheenoh <3

« Reply #576 on: May 27, 2012, 08:29:42 PM »

Found this video of early GTG as adult earlier today.  I tested it as child and it works too.

I for one think that there are no glitches in OoT. It's just gameshark codes.

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
DekuScrub
Regular Guay

« Reply #577 on: May 28, 2012, 01:54:34 AM »

Found this video of early GTG as adult earlier today.  I tested it as child and it works too.

I knew that had to be possible! Several months ago, I had tried on console to clip through the door like that because I was sure that had to be possible...

...only thing is, is that I was unable to figure out how. Embarrassed

SOLD OUT
Lortwogo
Deku Scrub

« Reply #578 on: May 28, 2012, 02:01:25 AM »

New to forums, but it seems I post this here. Found an unbuffered method to skip the Water Medallion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7lt5Y_ZKAY

Bad audio, but the instructions are in the description.
Nook
Special Guay

« Reply #579 on: May 28, 2012, 02:16:13 AM »

Great stuff, and welcome

DekuScrub
Regular Guay

« Reply #580 on: May 28, 2012, 02:32:56 AM »

Nice discovery! (and welcome to ZSR)

SOLD OUT
Pheenoh
Site Editor
Special Guay

Locked in cafde's basement

Email
« Reply #581 on: May 28, 2012, 10:49:07 AM »

Nice, but it's still only one frame. I think adapting a pause buffer into this would be better.

<yashichidsf> tompa should default be a mod on everything related to srl
<yashichidsf> while i'm not a big fan of modding bots, i think tompa is really well programmed
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #582 on: June 01, 2012, 05:56:24 AM »

I discovered some quirks with fish weights in OoT U.

Fish weight is clearly stored as a floating point number. The conversion of the unit to pounds to suggest that fish weight is in hectograms. To prove this point, a fish that weighs 60 units weighs 13 pounds in U (6.0 kilograms converts to 13.2 pounds). However, the conversion seems to either be bugged or intentionally skewed.

For example, a fish that weighs 30 units is noted to be 3 pounds, but a fish that weighs 75 units is 20 pounds (more than 5 times heavier).

Lol J is by length, whereas U is by weight. That explains a lot.

Lastly, it is possible (in theory, dunno if it ever happens) to catch a fish that weighs "the same", but is heavier than the one you've just caught. This is because the game still uses J version's method of measuring fish behind the scenes.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 06:05:02 AM by mzxrules » Logged

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
Opus64
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #583 on: June 06, 2012, 03:53:17 AM »

Hey, this be my first post.
I discovered a pretty consistent setup for the Jump to Deku Tree Basement 2 Ledge trick found by Greenalink. Here's the video with explanation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7a6Fh3ZDhjc&lc. I hope people find it useful.
Lortwogo
Deku Scrub

« Reply #584 on: June 06, 2012, 09:15:18 PM »

Made a setup for the Door of Time skip that allows you to ignore using C-Up; probably slightly slower than if you get the angle right away, so it's just an alternative.

Video (close your ears): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fepH3forwR0

EDIT: Sockfolder already found this, derp
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 12:33:11 AM by Lortwogo » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 66
  Print  

Jump to: