ZSR Forums
April 28, 2024, 08:27:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Questions on Ocarina of Time's global rules  (Read 3644 times)
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« on: February 09, 2015, 05:37:42 AM »

I noticed some of the rules weren't 100% clear, so I've been trying to clean them up a little (mostly small stuff like spelling out abbreviations), but I found some things that aren't as clear cut as they should be and I just wanted some confirmation before I changed things. 

* 1.0/1.1 Virtual Console or GameCube inject is banned.

* Tricks and glitches exclusive to 1.0/1.1 cannot be used on emulator to save time.

These rules are written with the old assumption that there are only three revisions of Ocarina of Time when this isn't exactly the case.

For the first rule, I feel it should be changed to something like:
Injects of NTSC 1.2 (Us or Japanese) or PAL 1.1 (N64 or VC version) are allowed. All other injects are banned

That would clarify is allowed, and I guess allow injects that should be allowed but haven't considered since they aren't faster. It also would ban iQue injects if/when they become available.

For the second rule, whats wrong with specifying that only NTSC 1.2 (US or Japanese) and PAL 1.1 (N64 or VC) is allowed?

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
scaramanga
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2015, 09:27:15 AM »

Is NTSC 1.2  technically an injection? I thought, this only applies to ISOs, that aren't available on any eShop, and therefore would have to be build into a channel of another game. (e.g. EarthBound comes in an DKC channel, can be seen on the save file-screen).

Regardless of that, the changes suggested would definitely lead to better understanding.
Irregular programming
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2015, 11:53:37 AM »

For the second rule, whats wrong with specifying that only NTSC 1.2 (US or Japanese) and PAL 1.1 (N64 or VC) is allowed?

Well, this changes the rule doesn't it?

I was under impression that you can run with a 1.0 rom if you want, you just can't do any glitches not present in the other versions.

I think I've got an any% emulator run on the board using 1.0 more or less by accident because that was the first I found and I never checked the version because the any% route doesn't contain any version dependent glitches..

Feel free to remove my emulator run (it's really bad) if I misunderstood the intention of that rule but I couldn't really read it any other way.

I'm not really arguing for or against banning it outright but it just feels like a hassle to juggle versions around for runs that I at least don't take very seriously.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 11:57:53 AM by Irregular programming » Logged
Jbop
Twenty-three is number one! Do you think I'm a traitor?

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2015, 07:34:19 PM »

I'd personally like ALL injects to be banned since we already have official versions which you can just ask for on IRC or something Tongue

As for the second rule, Irregular programming is right. You are allowed to use 1.0/1.1 on emulator, just not techniques specific to those versions to save time.

Quote from:  ZFG on March 24, 2008, 8:27:24 AM
Quote from:  Prognosis_4 on March 24, 2008, 8:25:50 AM
Why are you guys so certain it's possible?
Because its OoT.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: