ZSR Forums
March 19, 2024, 07:12:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Link is frozen after jumping off Hylia - No First Framer  (Read 5775 times)
Thompsy_
Deku Scrub

« on: January 01, 2015, 12:23:54 PM »

Hi, I was wondering what happened to me when I got this after jumping off the bridge. I was doing a run normally, and then when I jumped off the bridge of Hylia as a human, like it says to do on ZSR, Link fell for a few seconds, but he stopped moving, and just hovered forever with his arms in the air. I didn't get the first framer for the gorge void if that makes any difference. I did map glitch for the second time, to get Epona out of bounds, and I rode her round past the gate and warped to the bridge. Is the reason why I stopped because Epona teleported to the bridge with me, or does that make no difference?

Thanks
Habreno
Regular Guay

« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2015, 04:47:58 PM »

I'm going to assume it's because the game tried to load Epona (since you were on her when you warped to the bridge, and you never got off her to let the game know you weren't on her while on the bridge) in the Lake Hylia area, an area you normally can't take her to, and as such the game froze, similar to if you attempt to take Epona into Castle Town.

I might be wrong, but that seems to be what happened.

Just as a note, when you were hovering in the air, was it at what you expect to be the loading trigger for Lake Hylia, or do you feel it was earlier or later than that trigger?
Thompsy_
Deku Scrub

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2015, 12:02:41 AM »

Link did seem to be in the place where the loading zone should occur. It does seem fair that me running epoxy onto the bridge could have caused it, although I thought it might of been one other thing. In speed runs, I see people backflipping through the map near Faron to get on epona under the world. However, when I did this, epona was not under the world but by the grass where you call for her. Because of this, I had to activate map glitch for a second time. Would the fact that I activated map glitch again disable the loading zone in hylia, even though I warped to it?
Thanks
Habreno
Regular Guay

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2015, 08:31:21 AM »

Potentially, although that poses a different quandary as why did you warp to the bridge then? Unless I'm misunderstanding the reason the warp happens, logically, that warp wouldn't exist b/c of map glitch.

I don't think it's b/c of map glitch, I believe it's b/c of Epona, though map glitch might have something to do with it. For safety, I'd be off Epona without map glitch active to ensure the run continues.

Here's why I don't believe it's map glitch (MG).
OP states  you're "hovering in midair". Thus (example from Skyward Sword) you could not have landed on the hitbox (as is possible to glitch into in Skyward Sword, with Skyloft's main island; you can get knocked airborne and be in a state such that you do not trigger entering Skyloft and simply land on the island's hitbox) of the below area of the bridge; you would have landed and thus either slid or stood in place, both of which have different animations.
Update post states that you believe Link is at the trigger (or close to it) whereupon the CS for Lake Hylia would normally play. Problem is, you were on Epona and never "got off" Epona, so I believe the game wants to load Epona with you, which it can't do in Lake Hylia and thus crashes (as with taking Epona into Castle Town)

For some reason I'm not familiar with, you warped to Lake Hylia, despite having MG. It's certainly possible the bridge burning CS trigger is *extremely* large, thus causing the warp (CS triggers aren't always disabled with MG, example being Bublin Fortress right before AG- you MG and hit the gate trigger which sends you into the KB3 trigger., warping you above ground) and if that's the case, you might be on the bridge with no trigger at all, unless the skipped CS counts as a reload, which is logical. The only thing is if the area's never reloaded you're still in effects of MG which means the trigger below the bridge to advance wouldn't exist, and you'd either fall forever or hit the area's bottom, if it exists. B/c you're hovering forever, that indicates you've hit something but haven't landed-which must mean the trigger is not only there but active, thus you aren't in MG anymore (and the CS indeed does reload the area) and thus the only problem can be Epona.

Of course, this is a video game, and applying logic to glitches isn't always the best course of action, however, glitches such as these seem to follow an inherent base pattern which has harder rules than most of the game, thus enabling logic to be a potential attack method.

TL;DR: I believe it's Epona still, but as with before, I might be wrong. I might be made to look like a fool. But my understanding of the glitches at work and the game suggests it is Epona.
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2015, 02:14:14 PM »

Habreno, do you even play Twilight Princess? You sound like you don't.

1) You're always warped to the center bridge if you come in from south Hyrule, unless you can delay the loading of the Lake Hylia section of Hyrule Field by ton. This is because the game probably checks if your south of some invisible line.

2) The problem is definitely caused by map glitch. The Lake Hylia map in Hyrule Field has a relatively low floor. When Map Glitch is active you shouldn't even come all that close to clipping through the lake before you hit it, which causes link to "freeze" in mid air.

I'm not entirely familiar with this route (don't understand why you'd stick Epona out of bounds rather than gate clip), but if you're forcing her out of bounds then it means that you can't simply map glitch your way to Lake Hylia.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 02:32:31 PM by mzxrules » Logged

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
Habreno
Regular Guay

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2015, 07:11:44 AM »

I actually do play the game, thank you for asking. I am not 100% familiar with every effect each glitch has likely because I'm unable to experiment with certain things (I haven't gotten EMS at all yet so the any% routes are not ones I can complete yet, I'm playing 100% routes because of this reason) so certain things I am not familiar with.

I specifically posted that I am not certain as to the actual issue in each post I've made on this thread, so as to avoid being criticized for it (apparently that failed) and simply wanted to attempt to be helpful.

As far as it goes, I am not completely familiar with the any% route either (for the above posted reason) and so was not entirely certain to the specific things that are involved in Early Laranyu, gameside (e.g. what the game does and why) but have read enough- on this very site, nonetheless- to know that an OOB Epona is one of the strats usable for the playerside of Early Laranyu.

In summary, while I may have been wrong, it should be clear that even though my TL;DR: was completely on-point for the second half "I might be wrong. I might be made to look like a fool." doesn't really give people the right to state that I "don't play the game", when I'm being perfectly up-front about my restricted knowledge of the game.
Thompsy_
Deku Scrub

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2015, 06:58:23 PM »

Yeah, I did think that it might be map glitch, but the only reason I did that was because Epona was not already out of bounds when i tried to get on her, she was just in the field. In hindsight, I should have just done gate clip lol.
Thanks for the help everyone Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: