ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 01:20:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9
  Print  
Author Topic: Majora's Mask for 3DS - Info and Version Differences  (Read 177336 times)
gabyelnuevo
Regular Guay

Máscara de La Fiera Deidad

Email
« Reply #105 on: February 17, 2015, 01:40:02 AM »

There are 2 confirmed things,
There's a way to bypass the quickdraw patch so you can quickdraw ,
You can action swap, meaning ESS OI with any items, stick arrow with torch fire, etc etc.
Porto881
Deku Scrub

Major Masks Hype

WWW Email
« Reply #106 on: February 17, 2015, 01:47:15 AM »

a couple of glitches my bf and I have found (they seem pretty useless to me but ya never know):

- In the Great Bay Temple room with the water wheel, where you have to keep freezing and unfreezing the waterflow to jump the platforms, bf somehow froze the waterflow but the water wheel kept spinning, even through the cutscene, he has no clue how he triggered it though.

- Again in GBT, during the Gekko fight with the mad jelly, while he was on the ground I Z-targeted and hookshotted him and he fell through the floor and stayed down until he hopped back up to the ceiling, might have had something to do with the camera?
BigHairyFart
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #107 on: February 17, 2015, 03:35:46 AM »

http://zeldaspeedruns.com/mm3d/ is up. Editors wanted
I would like to assist in editing, but am not seeing how? Does my account have to be a certain age or something?

This place is as dead as Link was that one time he forgot to catch a fairy in his bottle.
Lilysol
Deku Scrub

« Reply #108 on: February 17, 2015, 06:47:53 AM »

I'm having some issues nailing the Triple Slash Clip through the boss key door in Snowhead. Does anyone have any alignments they use?
Segfault
Deku Scrub

« Reply #109 on: February 17, 2015, 02:05:58 PM »

Newbie here to these things, but since I cleared MM3D on 100% a couple of days ago I decided to try out playing the game using exploits and glitches to do a fast run. Have experimented a bit with different methods and thought I'd add what I found (might be of some use).

Firstly, I've read that you could reset the FD bottle dupe with a moon crash, but this does not work. It does reset the week to the first day, undoing anything you did, but if you use SoT after duping, then let the moon crash it does not reset the mask. Only read unconfirmed on this.

Secondly, I did manage to glitch my way into Sakon's Hideout on Day 1. First time I used Buny Hood and rolled a few times until I got in, but I couldn't replicate it. I then used Elegy of Emptiness to place two statues on each side of the crack and attempted to Triple Slash Clip my way in, but accidentally got in on a regular swing. Used SoS to get back out, placed new statues and could not replicate. Accidentally rolled my way back in by rolling towards the statue on the left side of the crack. Seems like there's a sweet-spot on the left side of the crack where Link can get through if you clip correctly, or push yourself in via a statue. The camera really freaks out when you hit the right spot.

Inside the hideout I tried to Goron Roll through the door from the switch, but it just felt like there was an invisible wall in the way. Might just be poor accuracy.

Here's an imgur-album with pics (showing one setup of statues and the fact that I got in): http://imgur.com/a/4boTo
GlitchesAndStuff
Site Editor
Special Guay

Feel free to ask me anything

« Reply #110 on: February 17, 2015, 02:58:32 PM »

It has been found that using Gibdo BA, you can reach a special kind of 4th day. In this special kind of 4th day, advancing to the next day will wrong warp you depending on the map that you're on at the time.

Twin isles in spring (mountains area with tingle and the big boulder) takes you to the gyorg fight!
WiseHorror
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #111 on: February 17, 2015, 04:31:13 PM »

I got 4th day to work consistently.
Need more people to try it to see if it works.

Basically, you need to catch the hot spring water as soon as a minute in the clock goes by, so you have to predict when it's going up.
e.g: it's 4:32, you have to time it so while link is doing the bottle animation to catch the water, the clock changes to 4:33.
After that, mash A so you can skip the textbox as soon as possible.

That way, it worked for me consistently, got it 5 times in a row.

EDIT: I made a video showing it. Notice the timing in catching the water.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_pxq1mSO_E
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 06:27:35 PM by WiseHorror » Logged
Segfault
Deku Scrub

« Reply #112 on: February 17, 2015, 08:38:19 PM »

It has been found that using Gibdo BA, you can reach a special kind of 4th day.

Is there any info on how you get to this special 4th day? All info I find is people trying to recreate the Wrong warp, but only ending up in regular old 4th day and not getting the WW effect at the end of the day. Something seems to be missing, unless it's a regional or version issue.
Hazdogga
Deku Scrub

« Reply #113 on: February 17, 2015, 11:00:57 PM »

I'm also interested it finding out how you can manipulate gibdo to get the special 4th day for the wrong warp. Strong possibilities for this one, I'm going to post up a rough route that I've got going using the current known tricks for anyone who wants to start on doing some runs.
Segfault
Deku Scrub

« Reply #114 on: February 18, 2015, 01:01:26 AM »

I'm sure everyone knows this by now, but there is a new trick you can do to bridge gaps farther when jumping.

Wasn't this in original MM? I remember using both roll and spin to increase my jump distance. IIRC you actually sped up instantly with Deku spin in the original version, while the MM3D version ramps up the speed.

Another fantastic way to jump far in MM3D is to bomb boost with Zora mask on, as you fly very far (more so than in the original) and can grab ledges higher up. As you can bomb boost over the fence to Great Bay and get the mask from the very start you have access to Zora bomb boost the same day you regain human form. Not as accurate as a normal jump, and you take damage, but it allows you to skip several sections.

Edit: Here's a video showing just how far you can jump and that you can skip Pirate Fortress Sewer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhJ5oORRI0M
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 11:06:56 AM by Segfault » Logged
poww10s
Deku Scrub

« Reply #115 on: February 18, 2015, 01:34:23 AM »

Is it possible to reverse bottle adventure in this game? or at least a way to get back the mask I replaced with a bottle to do the FD link glitch. Unless the bottle counts towards getting all the masks.

EDIT: USE THE BREMEN MASK FOR FD ANYWHERE BA. You can easily replace the bottle with the mask again by talking to guru guru again in the laundry pool.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 02:06:45 AM by poww10s » Logged
corneliab
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #116 on: February 18, 2015, 03:47:43 AM »

Was messing around with WiseHorror's proposed method. Got it first try.

As I was trying to replicate it though, I came across something weird. I got myself caught in some sort of bizarre restarted cycle. The red sky was present for all three evenings and the path to the top of the clock tower was open all throughout. The standard day one Clock Town theme would play on every day. "Dawn of..." tilecards would all have white backgrounds. The Song of Double Time was stuck on its final day behavior for each day (can only go up to 5am). No visible timer. Moon ended up crashing normally.
Jeville
Special Guay

"special"

« Reply #117 on: February 18, 2015, 01:19:10 PM »

I think that's what they called the 5th Day.
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #118 on: February 18, 2015, 04:40:32 PM »

http://pastebin.com/vT4bLQ5R
Should be best route. Time of day could be optimized to get Gorman milk before going to ikana with the transition to night right inbetween. Also this does not include skull kid CS skip (no setup yet) which would change the cycle considerably.

"tsmart yashichidsf wild dumb bitch" -Isaacordorica 2012
Jeville
Special Guay

"special"

« Reply #119 on: February 18, 2015, 05:40:23 PM »

Wrong thread?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9
  Print  

Jump to: