ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 04:24:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Master Quest Any% NG+  (Read 6885 times)
BALDORF!
Deku Scrub

Email
« on: September 12, 2014, 03:46:29 AM »

Hello, I have found that by playing the Master Quest version of the game, one can complete that game faster, this applies to Any% and Any% NG+.
In Dodongo's Cavern on Master Quest it is much faster to get the bombs using a specific jump slash to recoil off a ledge down to the bombs. Using this trick saves about 2 minutes or so, maybe more.
I have been informed that I cannot post my video which, though it only beat it by 12 seconds (terrible run...), is faster than the current World Record.
Can a Master Quest category be added so I may post this?
gymnast86
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2014, 05:53:29 AM »

This has been known about for awhile, however the community just doesn't do it for whatever reason. (I honestly don't know why). However the category will probably not be added to the leaderboards due to the fact that not enough people play it/have interest in it. This is why categories like All Dungeons NG+ aren't on the leaderboards. Another example is TWWHD 100% (because only me and one other guy have ever done runs of the category). So sorry for the inconvenience, but if you want to submit to the leaderboards for Any% NG+, you'll have to run on regular mode instead of Master Quest. Don't feel discouraged though, you can still run the category if you want to, you just won't be eligible to submit it to the oot3d leaderboards.
BALDORF!
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2014, 06:07:00 AM »

Oh, weird, would think people would wanna beat it the fastest way *shrug* also much easier.
Well thanks for lettin' me know, now I won't waste anymore time doing MQ runs lawl
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2014, 08:59:21 AM »

Actually, why shouldn't Master Quest runs be allowed if the routes are so similar?

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
Pedalpowertoast
Site Editor
Mega Guay

I'm an artist :O

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2014, 02:55:02 PM »

Because it's mirrored and you take double dmg Kappa

http://www.youtube.com/user/Pedalpowerluigi

Using a slow version on purpose is your choice, but you will get no sympathy or agreement from me.
Lol
gamestabled
Site Editor
Special Guay

B e t A Q u e S t

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2014, 09:06:32 PM »

Actually, why shouldn't Master Quest runs be allowed if the routes are so similar?

Wouldn't this apply to OOT any% too

when i grow up, i wanna be just like taylortotftw
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2014, 09:33:54 PM »

If ever there is enough interest in MQ runs, I'm sure it could be added to the leaderboards at some point. Any% would be pretty much pointless though considering how similar they are. I wouldn't mind seeing MQ AD or MST though

"tsmart yashichidsf wild dumb bitch" -Isaacordorica 2012
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: