ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 06:04:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Black Screen crash Forbidden Woods  (Read 7701 times)
cms_^
Deku Scrub

Email
« on: July 30, 2014, 05:10:23 AM »

Every time I load into forbidden woods entrance it doesn't load the cutscene and I''m stuck with a black screen. Does anyone know what causes this? I'm using a jp disc on Wii VC.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 07:30:00 AM by cms_^ » Logged
gymnast86
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2014, 08:07:21 AM »

Are you using Dios Mios? This has been known to happen a lot if the game automatically boots up with Dios Mos.
cms_^
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2014, 09:14:00 AM »

Yeah it's launching through Dios Mios which is most likely the prob. I honestly wouldn't even know where to begin to fix/change this and this probably isn't the place to talk about it. If anyone knows what to do that'd be great. Back to google research for me in the meantime.
cms_^
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2014, 11:42:31 AM »

Update: I got it fixed by simply by installing mios v10 wad  Smiley
Vulpone
Regular Guay

im vulpone

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2014, 06:55:04 PM »

sorry for necro'ing this post, but I have the same issue.
If I load it using DiosMios (and Disk Channel), I get full color on my TV, but it crashes while entering FW.
If I use the regular Mios, I load it using NeoGamma and I only get Black&White. Obviously this is very annoying and I was wondering if anyone knows a solution to that.
I'm using a CRT and it seems weird that the game runs in full color when using diosmios but is black and white when I dont use it.

anyone know of anything that might help me?

thanks
wooferzfg1
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2014, 03:08:28 AM »

sorry for necro'ing this post, but I have the same issue.
If I load it using DiosMios (and Disk Channel), I get full color on my TV, but it crashes while entering FW.
If I use the regular Mios, I load it using NeoGamma and I only get Black&White. Obviously this is very annoying and I was wondering if anyone knows a solution to that.
I'm using a CRT and it seems weird that the game runs in full color when using diosmios but is black and white when I dont use it.

anyone know of anything that might help me?

thanks

do you have the newest DiosMios wad?
Vulpone
Regular Guay

im vulpone

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2014, 10:18:45 AM »

Fixed it.

Don't use DiosMios. I overwrote the mIOS with the normal one (standard wii mIOS) and used Gecko OS to Force PAL 50 (!!) in Video. This gives me full color and no crash

Thanks
« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 11:53:44 AM by Vulpone » Logged
nickenator8
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2014, 09:57:08 PM »

I recommend never using dios mios for actual disc games, only use it for booting a game from sd/usb. My wii used to crash everytime I reset it with dios mios installed.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: