ZSR Forums
April 18, 2024, 11:21:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: A Link Between Castles?  (Read 12482 times)
Weegeechan
Regular Guay

« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2014, 06:06:26 PM »

There is unfortunately no way to clip through walls without the use of an object so far, so I don't think "a link between castles" will be possible for a while Tongue Anyways, the cucco clip only works on southern walls due to the way the game is made, so the portal in the fairy room is most likely unclippable unless an enemy is present.

I've tried using bombs and other objects to clip into portals but it doesn't seem to work and only pushes link away from the wall. So pretty much, an entirely new method would need to be found in order to even get OoB without an enemy.

Maybe one day someone will find one....one day  Kiss
Myria
Regular Guay

« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2014, 10:03:39 PM »

There is unfortunately no way to clip through walls without the use of an object so far, so I don't think "a link between castles" will be possible for a while Tongue Anyways, the cucco clip only works on southern walls due to the way the game is made, so the portal in the fairy room is most likely unclippable unless an enemy is present.

I think that you've conflated two different things here.  The location we'd like to glitch into is the kissing lady's house in Kakariko.  The idea is to get to Lorule early, because by setting that flag prior to defeating Yuga 2, the study will be a fairy room instead of the empty room.  There would be no reason to glitch into the portal - we'd just use it to go to Lorule Castle.  With the aforementioned flag set, we'd battle against Yuganon rather than see his creation - as the theory goes, anyway.
Myria
Regular Guay

« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2014, 10:10:05 PM »

An additional possibility I've considered is to use the Tornado Rod and/or bombs after enraging a chicken.  The chickens start flying at Link with velocity and some are even in the air - exactly what might be needed to clip past something.  In various attempts, I've noticed Link get knocked to the side, then get shoved back, indicating that under the right conditions, something might work.
Myria
Regular Guay

« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2014, 07:23:18 PM »

The Cucco Clip glitch appears to be specific to corners of the game that are oriented like a J (except uncurved), with Link on the northwest side.  The only corner I know of like this that has Cuccos is the Kakariko "jail" building adjacent to Sahasrahla's house.  The ruined house in Lorule in the same place as Rocco's house has the mirror image, L, but the glitch doesn't occur there.

I'm curious whether the big bomb would work for making the J-shaped corner; it would allow breaking into the Thieves' Town sage building if so.
Ahamplan
Regular Guay

« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2014, 09:08:04 PM »

The thing with the big bomb is that it activates a trigger for the screen transition into thieves town, and even hookshotting into the very pixel of where to hookshot still isnt possible, or even the alternate way, the only way to get into town is with an oob, and even then the bomb probably won't follow

I am the Zeldo for you <3
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: