ZSR Forums
April 25, 2024, 11:28:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Easiest/Hardest Category?  (Read 4977 times)
512: loadMemberContext(): member id 1 not previously loaded by loadMemberData()
File: /var/www/html/smf1.1/Sources/Load.php
Line: 969
virtualboyness
Deku Scrub

Email
« on: May 18, 2014, 10:29:22 PM »

What do you think the easiest/hardest category in OOT is? I personally think the easiest is No WW due to no really hard tricks, and the hardest is All Dungeons due to a couple of really difficult tricks.
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2014, 05:50:53 AM »

It depends on how far you want to go. Any% is a good starter category since sub 30 is easy to get as it requires only a handful of tricks meaning faster attempts, but its a lot harder to perfect because of the crazy swordless strategy.

100% is a lot harder to get into since you have to invest a large amount of time into getting good.

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
nathanisbored
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2014, 06:27:04 AM »

I've heard no RBA/WW is a good category for beginners, and I'd like to agree since it teaches you a lot of important techniques in the game, and isn't too demanding. But like mzx said, it depends how far you want to go with the category and what route you use, etc.

I've always felt like any% is a trap, because it only technically requires like 3-4 glitches if all you want is sub 30 or something similar, but it's boring to play if you use slow strats, and unforgiving if you use fast strats. It also ends up being a pretty bad starting category, because it doesn't teach you almost anything about speedrunning the game as a whole, such as movement techniques, hovering, equips, or even DoT skip.

No WW's optimization mostly comes down to movement, so it's fairly easy. You don't need to know much about RBA to follow the route.

I'd probably agree that All Dungeons is the hardest, but of course, it depends on your route. I'd say that if you do lullaby skip+firedoor WW, it might be the hardest category to finish runs. This is only considering categories on ZSR though.