ZSR Forums
March 29, 2024, 06:05:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Thoughts on the Perfect Zelda Game?  (Read 9154 times)
The Link Between Worlds
Regular Guay

Expert Glitch Theorist. Pro Doom Jumper. BiT God.

« on: May 10, 2014, 12:12:49 AM »

Just talk about what you would like to see in the next Zelda title (NOT what you expect to see, just what you want to see).

Me? I really like the Wind Waker. It was the Zelda title that really got me to love the Zelda series as a whole! I like all the unique features Nintendo crammed into it (sailing on the Great Sea, Nintendo Gallery figurines and Pictobox, compatibility with Game Boy using Tingle Tuner, etc.)

But who cares about what I want, I want to hear what you want! Smiley

Quote from: Dolly Parton
We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust the sails.
Quote from: Myself
LIES!!! I direct the wind using my beautiful Wind Waker! Parton's a dumb b***h!
oligi3008
Regular Guay

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2014, 12:33:25 AM »

More complex dungeons, the ones in Skyward Sword were a joke compared to earlier games. Although I like the idea of reentering already beaten dungeons like the first temple.
Also, bosses should not have an obvious weak point.
Smaller and more compact overworld. Hours of walking, sailing and flying can be boring, especially when there is not much to find.

Before you save the world, kiss the princess or you might regret it.
The Link Between Worlds
Regular Guay

Expert Glitch Theorist. Pro Doom Jumper. BiT God.

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2014, 12:35:46 AM »

Agreed. More complex and challenging dungeons would be great. You like to think to solve puzzles, like me, don't you? Smiley

Quote from: Dolly Parton
We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust the sails.
Quote from: Myself
LIES!!! I direct the wind using my beautiful Wind Waker! Parton's a dumb b***h!
oligi3008
Regular Guay

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2014, 12:44:07 AM »

Yes, some puzzles are repetitive after you play most Zelda games. I want some new innovations while still being good for newcomers.

MattyJ613
Deku Scrub

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2014, 07:52:36 AM »

More exploration and a more in-depth plot. Skyward Sword was a step in the right direction, but I'd like the see plots be a bit more serious and deal with some darker themes, like Majora's Mask did. They can pull this off without making it an M rated game. Just look at Majora's Mask  Tongue Don't get me wrong, I'm not one of those "make the games more adult because nintendo is kiddie" kind of guys. I just want to feel like what I'm doing in the game has meaning. It makes the experience more involved

[9:40:38 PM] Goodybag: i'm gay
[9:41:04 PM] Matty: congrats on coming out
[9:41:07 PM] Matty: how do you feel
[9:41:20 PM] Goodybag: pretty gay
Byak
Deku Scrub

Dash! Dash! Dash!

Email
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2014, 06:08:43 AM »

To be honest, I wish Nintendo would give up on trying to make a Zelda that fits into a timeline that doesn't exist.

Other things (including past ideas) I would like to see include:
  • A beginner mode where you're happy to ask your guide for help, versus a normal mode that makes the player think for himself/herself.
  • A hero mode that not only means monsters hit harder, but dungeons are redesigned (cough, Master Quest).
  • The main character is actually a descendant of Zelda, and your attacks consist of various magics (stopping the repetitive plot).
  • Versatile items, being encouraged to use outside the dungeon that were obtained.

Or just remake MM for the 3DS :p

I am the best, yes, Impact!
Dash! Dash! Dash!
oligi3008
Regular Guay

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2014, 04:32:59 PM »

Yes, some items have only few uses. For example: Why couldn't you use the Dominion Rod in TP as weapon?

stealinbread
Deku Scrub

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2014, 05:25:18 AM »

I'd like a game as open as the first zelda, with the sheer broken-ness of ocarina of time. And in 3D of course.

A Link Between Worlds comes pretty darn close.
oligi3008
Regular Guay

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2014, 03:17:11 PM »

In OoT you could beat the temples in a different order without glitches and also got items earlier.
Also you could do sequence breaks with (almost no dead ends) and still could beat the game 100%. Unlike TP for example.
BTW TP and SS had horrible game breaking glitches because of some weird linked events. When you play the game casually for the first time and accidentally speak to a goron while searching for another bug in the desert. I knew about a game breaking glitch, but I did not know it could happen that easily. After having about 90% of the game beaten you can just cry.  Angry

mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2014, 03:10:15 PM »

The best part is that both the TP and SS glitches happen in the late game. At least these game glitches started popping up when they could patch them.

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: