ZSR Forums
April 28, 2024, 10:48:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
  Print  
Author Topic: 15 game marathon  (Read 61704 times)
512: loadMemberContext(): member id 1 not previously loaded by loadMemberData()
File: /var/www/html/smf1.1/Sources/Load.php
Line: 969
Unreal
Regular Guay

unreal704
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2009, 08:52:05 PM »

I'd probably join in and stream if I didn't have this damn night vision webcam <_<
Slowking
Regular Guay

« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2009, 09:15:03 PM »

Slowking: Yeah, you are able to do the warp glitches in those games. ALttP is very easy to do it in for example. But if they are used, they should be played through "normally" as well, without warps. So like first warping and then normal playthrough, or vice versa.

I'm talking to Wak now and he seems to be interested, but it's unsure if he has the equipment for it yet. More to that later...
Imo we should play every game as fast as possible every way we can, as long as it's not cheating.
If we start with something like that we can also say "Oh but nobody understands OoT RBA, so we can't use it" or "Oh but the Wrong Warp Glitch in MM distorts the game so much, so we can't use it".
We could play these games in full after the marathon, but in it we should shoot for fastest time, to get the most impressive end time. A really good end time weill atrackt a lot of people to the next marathon (I just assume this is going to be a regular thing) and a good single game time might help us to atrackt more viewers during the current marathon.

14:10 MrGrunz: keep your ass close to him
14:10   MrGrunz: and nothing can go wrong
SD2
Special Guay

tokay stole ma shovel

Email
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2009, 09:30:00 PM »

If we're doing the LA screenwarp, put me purely as a backup then.

My stream quality: http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/3198306

Obviously I'll adjust the location of the camera during the actual run.

[00:09:38] <%Runnerguy2489> .entranta
[00:09:42] <%Runnerguy2489> .etrnats
[00:09:42] <%Runnerguy2489> fuck
[00:09:45] <+Zero> lol
[00:09:46] <%Runnerguy2489> .etrants
[00:09:48] <%Runnerguy2489> FUCK
Lexkeeta
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2009, 10:39:13 PM »

My father's computer has a webcam (that's all you need to stream, right?), so if I'm allowed to use it, I can be the MM back-up player, since nobody else is. OoT has plenty of spots, so just put me down for MM.

aleckermit
Mega Guay

back in green

WWW Email
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2009, 01:53:22 AM »

Well my Live Ocarina Run took ~1:50 but I was playing very casually and talking/checking the chat a lot. Plus I had HORRIFIC luck with the DoT Skip(close to 10 minutes killed on it alone, need to practice the pause buffer method). I also had to conger-up a route last minute because I didn't know that the GCN version does RBA differently. I could probably get a ~1:30 if I'm prepared and take it very seriously. People seemed to be very impressed with the quality as well.

It was good practice for me anyway, I'll definitely be ready to run/backup in the marathon coming up(if it happens).

« Last Edit: December 19, 2009, 04:21:55 AM by aleckermit » Logged

http://youtube.com/aleckermit

<@Swordless> Have you had this problem before? A game not starting until you cleaned it?
TSDA
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2009, 04:50:32 AM »

Imo we should play every game as fast as possible every way we can, as long as it's not cheating.
If we start with something like that we can also say "Oh but nobody understands OoT RBA, so we can't use it" or "Oh but the Wrong Warp Glitch in MM distorts the game so much, so we can't use it".
We could play these games in full after the marathon, but in it we should shoot for fastest time, to get the most impressive end time. A really good end time weill atrackt a lot of people to the next marathon (I just assume this is going to be a regular thing) and a good single game time might help us to atrackt more viewers during the current marathon.
I agree. We should do the glitch to beat it in 5 minutes.
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2009, 08:32:21 PM »

What's the point of having LttP and LA on the roster if we're just gonna play them for 5 minutes then?

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
Blizzerk
Special Guay

What is this I don't even-

Blizzerk@live.com
WWW Email
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2009, 11:04:46 PM »

What's the point of having LttP and LA on the roster if we're just gonna play them for 5 minutes then?

Agreed. we should do those seperate/after the run. Same goes with OoT MST (And that's only if ZFG will run it, because nobody else will)

[21:02:55] <Blizz> Uhh...
[21:02:59] <Blizz> RingRush..
[21:03:06] <Blizz> I was meaning to ask you something
[21:03:13] <RingRush> no I will not go to prom with you
[21:03:16] <Blizz> :<
------------------
<@jiano> get off my lawn you damn kids
TSDA
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2009, 11:18:57 PM »

Still. It's a zelda game. That's why its called a zelda marathon.
Unreal
Regular Guay

unreal704
« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2009, 11:32:25 PM »

Count me in for oot and tww... I might be able too.
Tompa
Regular Guay

Tompa_1989@hotmail.com Tompalala
Email
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2009, 12:08:13 AM »

Put up Wak for ALttP and FSA to begin with, and we'll see what happens Tongue.

I hope we can get Greenalink for PH, he'll kick ass at the game. I'm going to practice some Four Swords tomorrow with my run partner, I hope we'll do somewhat good...

May the Triforce be with you.