ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 05:49:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Idea] OoT NoRBAWW/All Dungeons and MM Any% Back-to-back?  (Read 6586 times)
mtmannion
Deku Scrub

Email
« on: January 23, 2014, 01:43:47 PM »

I was really interested and amazed by the 100% Back to back race that was organized by Thiefbug and the popularity around it. Sadly I didnt know either of the games and couldnt enter, nor watch for the whole 10 hours.

This post is only really to garner interest but I believe the running of back to back No RBA/WW for OoT and MM Any% can allow more of the more casual players to participate in big races like this. Allowing a good combination of the more experienced players that actively run either of the categories and players just starting out. Ive listed out a few pro's below and Id love to get feedback on the idea.

Pros
- Combined average time below 5 hours in length (shorter than full runs of other Zelda games)
- Very similar in length at the low end of times (~1:35)
- Fastest version for both games on the same console (VC)
- Both considered starter categories for both games (Discarding OoT Any%)

Obviously this would take from Thiefbugs idea and run the same ruleset. Whereas in OoT 100% where emulator 1.0 was banned and people had to run different routes without Early Eyeball Frog (Hold R) both routes are run on all versions, with the exception of MM English. Likewise, people would be able to start on whichever game they wanted first. Goronguy also put forward the idea of OoT All Dungeons and MM Any%. If more people would prefer this idea It can be switched, but I expect less people to know All Dungeons than No RBA/WW. Personally, I dont know All Dungeons, but I would learn it for the purpose of this race.

Let me know what you think, good or bad, and I can also start a list on this thread of people that would be interested in participating if it was taken forward.

Thanks  Smiley

As this might take off, Im starting a list akin to what was going on the other thread. I will try and edit this post when people say they are interested. (I may search ZSR for your PBs to confirm if you have run each game, so please tell me if its wrong)

MTMannion - [Knows OoT/Knows MM]
EverAlert - [Knows OoT/Knows MM] (Prefers All Dungeons)
TR621 - [Knows OoT/Knows MM]
Kejsmaster - [Knows Oot/Knows MM] (Prefers No RBA/WW)
Jbop - [Knows OoT/Doesn't Know MM]
Whyieyesya - [Knows OoT/Doesn't Know MM]
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 05:54:24 PM by mtmannion » Logged
Jbop
Site Editor
Twenty-three is number one! Do you think I'm a traitor?

« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2014, 07:08:34 PM »

Sounds like a cool idea! I'd be very interested in doing this.

Quote from:  ZFG on March 24, 2008, 8:27:24 AM
Quote from:  Prognosis_4 on March 24, 2008, 8:25:50 AM
Why are you guys so certain it's possible?
Because its OoT.
whyieyesya
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2014, 08:24:56 PM »

I would be in, if it isn't too soon, because I need to learn MM any% for it, which is hell of a lot harder than No RBA/WW lol.
mtmannion
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2014, 10:51:20 PM »

Sounds like a cool idea! I'd be very interested in doing this.

Awesome, is this the right area of the forum for this thread btw? Dont want it to get missed Wink

I would be in, if it isn't too soon, because I need to learn MM any% for it, which is hell of a lot harder than No RBA/WW lol.

As Im only just promoting the idea It could be like a month until we actually do this race to give people time to learn both games if needed. Obviously when more people are interested we will talk about dates.
Tr621
Regular Guay

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2014, 02:06:51 AM »

Definitely interested in this, although I don't know if I'll have time for it. I know both No RBA/WW and MM Any%, and I'm currently working on improving my times (or actually getting times as I've never completed of either lol).

Also, what are the restrictions on versions? I always play on USA Wii VC for OoT/MM but I know a lot of people play on JP Wii VC, and even though I have no chance of winning, personally I'd prefer if it was a fair race and everyone plays on the same version (or at least english, N64/emulator is fine I guess).

"I once stored a quick draw on my sword without de-equipping the bottle in my hand in an attempt to bottle dupe over sword. Didn't work." - nathanisbored, 2013

----

lol us da beg key
EverAlert
Regular Guay

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2014, 03:55:57 AM »

I'm down for this, I know both. Would like time to work on MM though.

Also +1 for All Dungeons over No RBA/WW, it would be much more interesting and less skewed that way I think.
mtmannion
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2014, 10:49:51 AM »

Also, what are the restrictions on versions? I always play on USA Wii VC for OoT/MM but I know a lot of people play on JP Wii VC, and even though I have no chance of winning, personally I'd prefer if it was a fair race and everyone plays on the same version (or at least english, N64/emulator is fine I guess).
In this instance, I am aware that the MM USA version is slower because of version differences and route changes. In a perfect world we would all be on the same version, however In cases of the 100% Back-to-back there were people playing on different versions and using different routes due to cart changes etc. I can understand why you would want continuity over the versions, but I probably wont invoke a version cap unless everyone agrees in unison, which I dont expect. Thanks for the interest however.

I'm down for this, I know both. Would like time to work on MM though.

Also +1 for All Dungeons over No RBA/WW, it would be much more interesting and less skewed that way I think.
I will start a tally of who wants AD over No RBA/WW as I want as many people interested as possible. As this is only just in the pipeline I expect there is currently a lot of time for people to learn a game from scratch and participate and for people to brush up and get back upto speed, more in the case of MM with the new route.
Kejsmaster
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2014, 04:56:28 PM »

I would be up for it.
I know both games but I prefer no RBA/WW over AD.

MST♡
Also MM any% <3
keymakr
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2014, 01:31:21 AM »

Id be down for this. I know oot no rba/ww, would need to learn MM any% (ive been told I should learn it, but havnt had the motivation/free time).

Id probably prefer no rba/ww over all dungeons, since I dont know all dungeons [biased hype]. But if a lot of people want to do all dungeons then whatever, learning%.

Any idea when?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: