ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 12:58:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 57
  Print  
Author Topic: Tricks/Glitches/Timesavers topic  (Read 616295 times)
Ahamplan
Regular Guay

« Reply #795 on: February 10, 2015, 05:59:31 AM »

I cant seem to get this Frb, And i know I'm doing it right, I'm just falling right over the rail,  and there is another way to do this thats just 2 secs slower but what am I doing wrong, too fast, wrong position?

I am the Zeldo for you <3
Roadagain
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #796 on: February 10, 2015, 03:31:03 PM »

Hmm, the bomb boost to the railing isn't really new. It just was never used because bomb boosts are terrible.
The Fire Rod Boost is nice tho.
Weegeechan
Regular Guay

« Reply #797 on: February 10, 2015, 08:32:04 PM »

@Aham: If you are falling off the ledge then it's your positioning. You have to do the FRB in the center and then be almost hit in the center. The timing is a little tricky and I'll try to find a good setup later. If this turns out too hard to get consistently we might as well stick to the old way.

@Road: Dang, I didn't know the BB was discovered. I thought it seemed a little too obvious of a trick to have not been Tongue
LemonKong
Regular Guay

« Reply #798 on: February 11, 2015, 06:47:15 AM »

Errr... not to steal your thunder Weegee, but I actually discovered that trick to get out of the Dark Maze moat quite a long time ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLzGGMm9QKo

Edit: Earlier post in this thread about it: http://forums.zeldaspeedruns.com/index.php?topic=1478.msg28336#msg28336
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 06:56:42 AM by LemonKong » Logged
Weegeechan
Regular Guay

« Reply #799 on: February 11, 2015, 06:49:32 PM »

Errr... not to steal your thunder Weegee, but I actually discovered that trick to get out of the Dark Maze moat quite a long time ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLzGGMm9QKo

Edit: Earlier post in this thread about it: http://forums.zeldaspeedruns.com/index.php?topic=1478.msg28336#msg28336

Really sorry about that man Tongue I didn't think it was discovered because the pages for DM skip didn't include it.

I fixed the trick pages for this and the BB for Rosso's to give proper credit Smiley

Weegeechan
Regular Guay

« Reply #800 on: February 11, 2015, 08:00:05 PM »

Also, I tried messing with the FRB again and it turned out being a lot harder than I thought. I thought I figured out a really good setup then realized it only worked with the Nice Fire Rod. The FRB here is just as frame perfect as a BB, if not harder :^( Idk why I thought it was easier in the first place. I guess I kept getting lucky.

The hitbox kept getting me from ridiculous lengths making the timing way too hard. So, sorry for semi-fail timesaver. If anyone can actually find a good setup then that would be great.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 08:14:09 PM by Weegeechan » Logged
Ahamplan
Regular Guay

« Reply #801 on: February 12, 2015, 06:58:45 AM »

Yeah the method I said earlier is only about 1s faster than the old way but alot more consistent so its definitely worth it, the position is the 2nd line to the right after the pole and the very bottom and then just do a frb and hookshot to the bottom left and then hookshot over the bridge,  I'll try to provide a clear pic tommarow, sorry Tongue

I am the Zeldo for you <3
Roadagain
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #802 on: February 19, 2015, 02:57:50 PM »

Not too long back I posted about reaching a useless ledge from BSmith screen with a combination of Fire Rod Boost, dash slide and stopping the dash with a well timed bomb explosion.

I later realized you could probably do the same at Lorule BSmith.
Indeed you can.

I think it's bit harder though. Kinda.
You first Fire Boost (Or bomb boost, if you're into that) yourself on the fence to the right of BSmith.
Then, you throw a bomb on this ledge, and fairly quickly dash slide across.
The bomb needs to detonate at a correct time to stop your dash before you slide into the moat (Which is at least close to a softlock)

This is for the Hyrule one. Here, I'm not sure if the fence is shorter or what, but I didn't get the dash slide here, so I had to walk one screen north on top of the fence for it. The reason the dash slide is a bit trickier is that you can't just go to the end of the fence and start a dash. You need to actually find a decent spot for it.

On the other hand, it's easier because if you successfully dash slide, but the bomb detonates late, you'll fall into the hole instead, and spawn back at the fence. That's a stark contrast to nigh softlock from the Hyrule one.

Again, this is beautifully useless as far as I can tell, but hey, it's something.

Weegeechan
Regular Guay

« Reply #803 on: February 19, 2015, 06:41:42 PM »

That's quite an awesome find  Shocked

If I remember correctly, we were trying to figure out a way to get on that ledge to test if we could bring the Big Bomb into Thieves' Town. Did you try dashing at an angle to get into Thieves'?
Roadagain
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #804 on: February 20, 2015, 05:47:18 AM »

I didn't think of trying that, because with this, there's no way for me to reach this ledge with the Big Bomb in tow.

Something I'm thinking now though, is... are there places where a dash slide could be useful, but we simply can't stop on a useful spot, and instead slide right off? Because I want to make "Bomb Stopping" a term for this game.
Weegeechan
Regular Guay

« Reply #805 on: February 20, 2015, 06:52:35 PM »

That's a good question....

I can't think of any off the top of my head but I wouldn't doubt there's a use for Bomb Stopping somewhere in the game. Next time I'm messing around i'll be looking out for possible uses for this  Grin
Weegeechan
Regular Guay

« Reply #806 on: March 01, 2015, 11:33:55 AM »

I found a new trick in HoG! I figured out a way to do the moving block room in it's 1st cycle.

First, you'll want to merge on the 1st block as soon as you enter the room.

Then un-merge onto the platform with the chest and merge onto the next wall to this platform

Quickly get into this similar position. Then when the block starts getting close, move off the ledge. There's about 4-5 (?) frames where Link stays at the same height he was at when he left the ledge, meaning you can get just enough distance to then T-Rod in air and land on top the block.

I imagine this works in a few other places but I haven't tested around yet.

Also, just a quick useless HoG find. You can dash slide to this platform:

So if a Big Key skip ever gets found, then here's a fast strat! lol
Roadagain
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #807 on: March 01, 2015, 05:37:55 PM »

Nice finds.
The first one might be useful in, idk, chest% in ILs.

The second one... you don't get blown away by the wind?
Do you think this one would be easier/harder to pull of than the current skipskip?
Anwonu
Regular Guay

« Reply #808 on: March 01, 2015, 06:03:57 PM »

2nd doesn't replace skipskip, it'd just be a faster way to get to the area. I think I did that slide before, but as he said, it's currently useless.
Roadagain
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #809 on: March 01, 2015, 06:22:24 PM »

Oh no, I didn't mean it'd replace it.
I was just curious on how exact it is.
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 57
  Print  

Jump to: