ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 01:20:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 57
  Print  
Author Topic: Tricks/Glitches/Timesavers topic  (Read 616297 times)
Ahamplan
Regular Guay

« Reply #600 on: July 29, 2014, 09:08:25 AM »

Well I would think digital would have faster loading and saving, but I used a physical but I don't think it would make a meaningful difference.

I am the Zeldo for you <3
Pedalpowertoast
Site Editor
Mega Guay

I'm an artist :O

« Reply #601 on: July 29, 2014, 09:36:08 AM »

Why exactly do people want to corrupt their data (i've noticed this happening really often recently) The only thing that happens is that you lose your data, (unless you're playing pokemon, but even then its rare) there isn't going to be any fancy shit like in Skyward Sword, which uses a totally different method. Is there any specific reason why people are doing this?

Oh, and digital being faster isn't necessarily true, which can be seen with OoT3D.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Pedalpowerluigi

Using a slow version on purpose is your choice, but you will get no sympathy or agreement from me.
Lol
Ahamplan
Regular Guay

« Reply #602 on: July 29, 2014, 04:08:27 PM »

Prob for fun cause corrupting a albw worlds file might not do anything bit erase, but if it doesn't and actually has some corrupt data that can lead to some stuff that would be cool.

I am the Zeldo for you <3
Weegeechan
Regular Guay

« Reply #603 on: July 29, 2014, 04:40:51 PM »

Like ahamplan said, mainly just for fun. I just mess around in the game and try to find random stuff.

Also, I have the game on an SD card so the save times might be the same between physical and digital. Im still surprised by this games lack of save file corruption. I was afraid of having my battery run out while saving but clearly it doesn't matter lol.
Myria
Regular Guay

« Reply #604 on: July 29, 2014, 07:34:25 PM »

The game doesn't have that much data to save.  It wouldn't surprise me if it saved once, waited for confirmation of success, then saved again as a second copy.  It could easily use a strong checksum like a cryptographic hash.  It would make sense, because Nintendo systems have been hacked by intentionally-corrupted save files.  Combined, this would mean that either the game would save or it wouldn't, with nothing between, since all corruption would be detected as a missing file.

I'm just saying that as a programmer, this is how I would design it.

I wish I could test out what happens if you break into the dress lady's house before you go to Lorule.  This way, I could either raise hopes for a future time-saving exploit or disprove the possibility.  After all, it's possible, among other ways it can go wrong, that you can break into her house, but the Lorule portal still won't be there.  It'd be nice to have a way to check that before continually trying to find a way to break in >.<
RheaultWnage
Site Editor
Regular Guay

« Reply #605 on: July 31, 2014, 05:17:03 AM »

A bunch of new stuff found today.

Replacement strat for the Vulture Boost leading to Desert Palace Skip (faster by a couple of seconds): http://www.twitch.tv/anwonu/c/4784528

Desert Palace Skip Skip (DPSS), AKA Desertless Desert Palace Skip (DDPS), AKA Double Bomb Boost Desert Palace Skip (you get the idea): http://www.twitch.tv/anwonu/c/4784494. For the moment, we don't know if the first bomb boost is possible with regular bombs. However, we do know it's possible to jump off the ledge and get boosted by a Zirro (green flying enemy nearby) to perform that first boost. It's pretty ridiculous. This Desert Palace Skip is currently the fastest of all, but doesn't seem to be applicable to a speedrun at the moment.

Dash Slide (sort of) inside the 2nd Death Mountain cave: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NI69IYxz_M . This saves about 11-12s over going around and outside. Missing it once messes up the boulders cycle, but still allows to save ~5s. Missing it another time will make the cycles hell. This is the first "unbufferable" Dash Cancel. (As in, you can't hold back on the stick while the Dash is charging. You have to time the cancelling or else you won't make it.) It's actually not really a Dash Cancel like the usual ones, since you can just dash diagonally across the hole. The reason why you have to cancel is so Link stops before falling back down where there is no railing on the other side.

Finally, Dash Cancelling over the 3rd gap in the first Death Mountain cave is ~0.5s faster than merging the wall to get across.

So, all in all, that's about 15s cut off from the any% run today. =]
LemonKong
Regular Guay

« Reply #606 on: July 31, 2014, 02:14:40 PM »

Emergency Strat for if you accidently fall into the Dark Maze dead urn moat:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLzGGMm9QKo

Turns out if you dive, wait a sec so Link is close to surfacing, and then move him OoB so he would fall out and void, you get a split second to Tornado Rod. You'll be caught by the guard most likely, but the run won't die.

I was trying to make this technique work in the Hyrule Castle OoB moat on the left side for a potential barrier skip as well, but sadly had no luck.
Weegeechan
Regular Guay

« Reply #607 on: July 31, 2014, 06:41:31 PM »

After messing around with fire boosting a bit more, I discovered there are 3 possible ways it can be used.

So there's the 1st way (which is used in the new sand rod skip). You QE-Cancel a fire rod shot into a corner below the ledge you want to jump from. Run up to the ledge and jump into the fire pillar.

The 2nd way is you have to be standing a small distance away from the ledge you want to jump from. You'll want to be far enough away so that your fire rod shot will go on the ground for a tiny bit, then fly off of the ledge. So, QE-Cancel a fire rod shot, then quickly run to side of the pillar, jump off the ledge and get hit by the pillar that is floating off of the ledge. (I hope that kind of makes sense).

I'm pretty sure this 2nd way also boosts Link way higher than any of the damage boosts.

Then the 3rd way requires the Nice Fire Rod. You shoot a fire pillar up against a wall on the ledge you want to jump from. Get hurt from the fire pillar then stand in it from whatever point you want to jump from. Then as your invincibility is wearing off, jump off the ledge so you get hit from the fire pillar

Roadagain
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #608 on: July 31, 2014, 07:39:35 PM »

For the second one, did that actually push you all the way on to the cliff?
KingOfHeart
Special Guay

« Reply #609 on: August 01, 2014, 02:04:15 AM »

Hoping to see videos for all of these. Also, seems easier to pull off then the bomb glitch.

Is there anything this new weapon can do, that the bomb can not?
RheaultWnage
Site Editor
Regular Guay

« Reply #610 on: August 01, 2014, 10:08:12 PM »

We found a bunch of other uses for the Fire Rod Boost. They're mostly new ways of doing old bomb boosts.

Ice Ruins Hilda Text Skip: http://www.twitch.tv/anwonu/c/4794321
Getting in Place for Big Boulder Skip (100%): http://www.twitch.tv/anwonu/c/4794214
"Safer" Desertless DPS: http://www.twitch.tv/anwonu/c/4794254

Thanks again Anwonu for all the VODs. Tongue
KingOfHeart
Special Guay

« Reply #611 on: August 02, 2014, 12:02:49 AM »

Does the safer thing have to be done with big bombs?
Can firerod work here?

Except for tiny ledge jumps, where you can throw the bomb off, I suck at bomb boost jumps.
The firerod I managed to get the basic leaping easy, hopefully I can chase after it to do those other kinds of jumps to.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 01:33:40 AM by KingOfHeart » Logged
RheaultWnage
Site Editor
Regular Guay

« Reply #612 on: August 02, 2014, 01:23:48 AM »

The bomb boost in the "safer" DDPS video can be done with both Nice and normal Bombs, but is way easier with Nice ones. I think Anwonu said he got it like twice out of ~50 tries with regular bombs. The first boost (where he used the Fire Rod) is not possible with regular bombs, only Nice Bombs and Fire Rod. The second boost hasn't been done with Fire Rod yet, because we lack space to set it up properly.
KingOfHeart
Special Guay

« Reply #613 on: August 02, 2014, 01:34:05 AM »

By bomb boost, I meant nice bombs to Wink

--------------------
Without beating a single dungeon, so far I got to 4 hearts + 2 heart pieces. There's 1 also on death mountain  have to try to get. If I missed any, then it's possible to get 5 hearts (might require flippers unless if you can get into the water fall cave near the zora's place)

Also, anyone try to get into the shop near lake hylia?
I tried to squeeze through with no luck. I'm terrible with bomb boosting, as I was going to try to get on the roof.
(Would lead to an early shield if we can get in)
RheaultWnage
Site Editor
Regular Guay

« Reply #614 on: August 02, 2014, 01:40:13 AM »

Which Heart Pieces did you get? I think these are the ones you can access before entering Easter Palace:

- Kakariko Cave
- Cucco Game
- Rupee Rush
- Blacksmith Cave (Bee Boost. Probably Bomb Boost or maybe Fire Rod?)
- "Swamp" area hidden cave
- Race Bros? (Not sure if they spawn before EP, but you can get the HP without Pegasus Boots by using the Hookshot to go fast)
- On top of Death Mountain, near ToH
- South of Eastern Palace area (There's one there that requires the Hammer I think?)
- That one cave you mentionned near Zora's Domain
- The on in the forest (clip in the slit with the help of a Blob)

EDIT: Anwonu too fast. https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAABnUYn-JMXMUA
« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 01:56:50 AM by RheaultWnage » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 57
  Print  

Jump to: