ZSR Forums
April 20, 2024, 03:11:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Wind Waker HD: What's changed, what hasn't  (Read 60268 times)
512: loadMemberContext(): member id 1 not previously loaded by loadMemberData()
File: /var/www/html/smf1.1/Sources/Load.php
Line: 969
Greenalink
Special Guay

DS Dictator

« on: September 19, 2013, 07:17:25 PM »

Roughly less than 12 hours until TWW is available to some gamers that are not called reviewers.

Earlier this year, I made a 38 minute video showing a series of clips you can do (or see) on the N64 and what they did to change it on the 3DS.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_twuOTykzu0

Now one day, I want to do a similar thing for this game. The polygon count is pretty identical to the Gamecube version so I'm not going to show much on the graphic changes unless there is a major overhaul, both the Rainbow Bridge and Ingo's Room on OoT are good examples of major overhauls.

The video is going to be focused between Console versions and not J vs U stuff (Grandma's Chest), however if anyone has access to both Wii U & GC in Japanese, it would be interesting to see if JP Wii U version uses either the US version (200 rupees) or not (Heart Piece)

This means I will cover stuff including:

- Tingle's Item
- Initial Max rupee count
- Number of Triforce Charts required
- Salvage Labyrinth (at the very end).
- Grapple Hook swing time
- Wind Waker encore.
- Salvage Arm speed
- Loading times, probably show a Superswim(?) trick that is not possible on Wii U due to faster loading times?Huh
- BGM like Forsaken Fortress, Opening up a chest
- PictoBox - Number of shots on memory (3 GC vs 12 Wii U) and see if regular quest on Wii U gives you the black & white box.
- First Person Aiming
- Changing items, unsure on Wii U Pro controller atm (It's possible to upload direct feed screenshots from the Gamepad by going to Miiverse with a Nintendo ID account)
- Tingle's brother Knuckle....
- Swift Sail (more of an addition rather than a change)
- Tingle's hidden statue inside dungeons (Originally a bonus item for Tingle Tuner users)
- Joy Pendent awards (Hero's Charm on GC, Heart Piece on Wii U?)
- Glitches that got fixed.
- Famous shortcuts that got fixed like invisible barrier or higher walls.

Because some of you players are going to experience this game before me like 2 weeks at the most, I would like you to make some notes on what else has been changed during your playthrough and I'll add them to this post, sometime before/after I've completed TWW HD.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 10:05:27 AM by mzxrules » Logged

New DS PHAT Capture Device on its way (Sep 2011)!!!
More info:
http://forum.speeddemosarchive.com/post/3ds_capture_device_214.html

Yes I am a speed runner focused on DS games
Notable runs:
Phantom Hourglass
SM64 DS
New Super Mario Bros (DS).