ZSR Forums
March 29, 2024, 08:58:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Routes Wanted!  (Read 14364 times)
wooferzfg1
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2014, 03:28:47 AM »

Yeah, I can write up a pastebin with detailed routes for each dungeon in WWSD. Also, I'd suggest adding Deku Leaf into the Early Items section along with Ghost Ship Chart as gymnast mentioned earlier.
Razor7581
Site Editor
Special Guay

WWW Email
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2014, 01:04:46 AM »

Yeah, I can write up a pastebin with detailed routes for each dungeon in WWSD. Also, I'd suggest adding Deku Leaf into the Early Items section along with Ghost Ship Chart as gymnast mentioned earlier.
Made an early deku leaf page and ghost ship chart page, but haven't put any content on them yet. I know a bit about leaf early, but I haven't played wind waker in a long time, so any detail on the different tricks for it would be great (the superswim, however, and especially angling on the sidehop to the deku bud). I don't know much about anything recent with early ghost skip chart. The last method I knew of for it was discovered by Klydestorm a long time ago. Are there some newer methods?

Rescue Tetra before FF1: is new to me. Did you just find this out?
wooferzfg1
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2014, 07:16:07 AM »

Made an early deku leaf page and ghost ship chart page, but haven't put any content on them yet. I know a bit about leaf early, but I haven't played wind waker in a long time, so any detail on the different tricks for it would be great (the superswim, however, and especially angling on the sidehop to the deku bud).

In order to get the Leaf early, you need to bypass the fact that you don't have the Grappling Hook, which means that you need to zombie hover, or alternatively, use chest storage in a convoluted manner.

The TAS is able to zombie hover directly to the Deku Leaf and die immediately after receiving it (you cannot heal inside Forest Haven because the Tingle Tuner cannot be used since there is no map). However, the hover directly to the Deku Leaf is too difficult on console because it requires insane mashing. Also, it likely wouldn't be faster in an RTA run because dying would put you outside Forest Haven, and since you cannot enter KoRL until beating DRC and FW, entering FW would be slower.

So in an RTA run, you leave Forest Haven after talking to the Deku Tree and hover on the outside to a platform that you can use to reach the Leaf from. To make this hover easier, runners heal just below the platform and then fall down to the water. Since you're high enough, the game thinks that you fell from the platform and voids you out, putting you on the platform. After this, you would just enter Forest Haven on top, sidehop left, C-up to angle, hold up, and Link will jump in the bulb and have the perfect angle to also do Bulb Skip (I have a video of this setup, but it's kinda bad and extremely laggy)

Chest storage could also be used (possibly in a No Tuner run, although this does not actually save time) in order to get the Deku Leaf early. A TAS of this trick can be seen here (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZrHBh2PqK4), although this TAS does it without the sword, and a No Tuner run would be able to use the sword and avoid having to bring the Deku Stick up to the top of Forest Haven.

The superswim to Forest Haven is the same that would be done in a speedrun without Leaf Early. It simply requires double storage in order to skip the cutscene and to not softlock when arriving at Forest Haven.

Also, another possible suggestion would be to replace the Ghost Ship Chart early item page with the Triforce, because every Triforce Chart and Shard is possible to obtain before even having the Master Sword (and the Ghost Ship Chart leads to the Triforce Chart in the Ghost Ship, etc.) You could probably include descriptions of how to get each of the Triforce Charts early on this page.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 07:22:49 AM by wooferzfg1 » Logged
Razor7581
Site Editor
Special Guay

WWW Email
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2014, 01:38:29 AM »

What ever happened to writing dungeon routes for the dungeon pages?

wooferzfg1
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2014, 03:26:43 AM »

What ever happened to writing dungeon routes for the dungeon pages?

I was gonna start working on those, but I've been spending time doing other stuff like editing other ZSR pages and routing TWW 100% that I never got around to doing them.

I can start working on those soon for TWWSD (and I'm assuming Gymnast can do TWWHD as well), but I've been thinking about how we could somehow reorganize the dungeon pages. It seems to me like most dungeon have so many tricks and various routes (depending on Tuner vs. No Tuner, which items you have, and sometimes even old routes) that the pages will all be a big mess by the time we update them with current strats. Although ZSR generally advises against deleting old tricks, something like that (or at least a good organization system) will probably be necessary for the pages to be readable.

EDIT: It seems like the dungeon pages could be pretty organized since they have the navigation menu if we just put every trick on each page for each dungeon. However, putting the routes on there might be a little overkill, so maybe add a new section with pages that have routes for each dungeon? I'm just listing ideas here, since I'm not really sure what would be best.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 03:39:35 AM by wooferzfg1 » Logged
Razor7581
Site Editor
Special Guay

WWW Email
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2014, 02:54:41 PM »

I was gonna start working on those, but I've been spending time doing other stuff like editing other ZSR pages and routing TWW 100% that I never got around to doing them.

I can start working on those soon for TWWSD (and I'm assuming Gymnast can do TWWHD as well), but I've been thinking about how we could somehow reorganize the dungeon pages. It seems to me like most dungeon have so many tricks and various routes (depending on Tuner vs. No Tuner, which items you have, and sometimes even old routes) that the pages will all be a big mess by the time we update them with current strats. Although ZSR generally advises against deleting old tricks, something like that (or at least a good organization system) will probably be necessary for the pages to be readable.

EDIT: It seems like the dungeon pages could be pretty organized since they have the navigation menu if we just put every trick on each page for each dungeon. However, putting the routes on there might be a little overkill, so maybe add a new section with pages that have routes for each dungeon? I'm just listing ideas here, since I'm not really sure what would be best.
I still don't think deleting old tricks is not a good idea, since we never know when something new is going to be discovered that might require using an older trick or some alternative method that has, up to that point, been useless. For tricks that are currently obsolete we could just put "obsolete" next to the trick name in parenthesis or brackets. I do think that the old organizational method of chronological order might need to be tempered with, or we need make use of the different headings more, though only the "heading 2" option appears on the navigation menu. For now I'd just put the dungeon routes on the dungeon pages until we decide otherwise.

On a somewhat separate note, I see you and gymnast have been editing pages recently in TWW which is great! I'd just like to suggest using the numerical list format for some trick descriptions as mzx suggested, as it makes them easier to read and navigate than a huge paragraph description.

Unreal
Regular Guay

unreal704
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2014, 05:00:30 PM »

TWWHD 100% Segmented - http://pastebin.com/f4N9sAE7

Credits to Gymnast86 for his 100% RTA. I routed through that run and added segments when needed and made a few changes. I have a couple questions regarding the route though.

Savewarp in Segment 20 faster?
Skip the small key leading to mini boss in Earth Temple?
Any segmented tricks I'm forgetting? (quicker ways to perform skips)
Faster to skip to Haven Entrance in Segment 70?
Depending on Ghost Ship's location, the segments may change to gather rupees

It's been a few years since I've run this game and many new tricks have been discovered. If there are any segmented only tricks I'm forgetting, please let me know. Smiley
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 05:03:38 PM by Unreal » Logged
chasetopher
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2014, 11:44:47 PM »

TWWHD 100% Segmented - http://pastebin.com/f4N9sAE7

Credits to Gymnast86 for his 100% RTA. I routed through that run and added segments when needed and made a few changes. I have a couple questions regarding the route though.

Savewarp in Segment 20 faster?
Skip the small key leading to mini boss in Earth Temple?
Any segmented tricks I'm forgetting? (quicker ways to perform skips)
Faster to skip to Haven Entrance in Segment 70?
Depending on Ghost Ship's location, the segments may change to gather rupees

It's been a few years since I've run this game and many new tricks have been discovered. If there are any segmented only tricks I'm forgetting, please let me know. Smiley

You'll need to fix the Forest Water quest, I erroneously routed it to be done in two trips, which will not work. I've since fixed the route, and it's on ZSR now. Just means putting it off until the endgame.
Unreal704
Deku Scrub

« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2014, 02:40:18 AM »

Thanks, I updated the route! I have a question regarding the Wind Temple Boss Key skip. Would it be faster to do the skip instead of skipping the song stone leading to the boss key? At this point we would have 10 heart containers to deplete. We would have to find which enemy can deplete Link's health the quickest and see if the time getting hurt is worth it over getting the boss key instead.
wooferzfg1
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2014, 04:40:07 AM »

Thanks, I updated the route! I have a question regarding the Wind Temple Boss Key skip. Would it be faster to do the skip instead of skipping the song stone leading to the boss key? At this point we would have 10 heart containers to deplete. We would have to find which enemy can deplete Link's health the quickest and see if the time getting hurt is worth it over getting the boss key instead.

It probably saves around a minute in Any%, so it probably saves less time in 100%, but it should still be faster.
gymnast86
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2014, 08:21:22 AM »

If you want to be really daring you'll want to do wind temple BK skip and DRC BK skip
Unreal704
Deku Scrub

« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2014, 04:55:26 PM »

Does anyone have a video of the DRC BK skip for HD? Also, I might as well add in the small key skip to the mini boss in earth temple along with the Wind Temple BK skip.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: