ZSR Forums
April 18, 2024, 09:34:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
  Print  
Author Topic: TWW HD demo info  (Read 63065 times)
leumas342
Deku Scrub

« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2013, 06:49:00 AM »

From what I tested is completely different from what everyone has said thus far. I DID get storage on Outset and I DID super-swim. I got the storage by mashing the Wind Waker and then cancelling 3 frames before the ground. I got it on the fence behind the tree in front of grandma's house. AKA the same storage method as we do right now. I super-swam out of the outset quadrant and the game hard-locked. My guess is that the rest of the game isn't there yet and the demo REALLY wanted you to stay in outset.

Also, i tested zombie hovering. The result was VERY good. I didn't get a FULL hover going because Helmrock hit me unexpectedly and didn't have a good place to mash. HOWEVER, i did get the grounded jump slash to start the hover. From that, I infer that you still can zombie hover.

I was dumb and didn't get video and/or picture evidence, however i will be going back on Saturday to get the desired evidence for my discoveries.
Cronien
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2013, 01:23:35 PM »

Might not be much, but a little thingy I didn't see anyone pointing out yet: It looks like Orca doesn't immediately knocks you down if you do a wrong sword attack, which might bring hopes for easier quick parries.
lplk
Deku Scrub

« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2013, 02:54:20 PM »

First things first:
I was making friends with the reps for the whole event, being a nice guy and all. I realize I was sort of showing off my knowledge of the game and telling them about all the ways I knew to exploit glitches. She told me later AFTER I HAD DONE SUPERSWIMMING that because the game crashed (didn't know where to send me after I drowned near where earth temple should have been) she had to report the crash. They might have reported everything I said, and I may or may not be the reason the glitches I talked about wont work at release. I nearly begged them not to report it because people playing the game normally would never find them. I had to try.

That said, I got storage on the fence near the woman with the pigs and got super swimming to work.

I tested the "new sail pumping" which made me go so fast there was a screen blur effect.

Orca's training seems more lenient in that he won't knock you down on your first mistake.

I played Outset twice and Helmaroc none. The inventory for outset includes Bow, Bait Bag, two red potions, the color pictobox and possibly another thing.
I saw that the Helmaroc inventory did not have deku leaf. There was the grapple hook, bow, and hammer, that's all I saw.

I think SOUP GLITCH may be possible by changing play mode to be on the game pad instead of the TV and doing it normally.

I tried ledge clipping, but I had never done it before. I must have done it wrong or something, because it didnt work.

There is a place in the menu to change the inversion of the c-stick for those that don't like it.

The game pad's gyro controls did feel weird, but they also felt like they were supposed to be that way. It was just strange.

I still have yet to test a couple things, and I get a couple tries Saturday to try again and actually get pictures.
I watched other players and no one wanted to test out the tingle bottles and whatever it does. What we know has no use for speed running, but we may find a hilarious glitch in the future involving them.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 03:19:10 PM by Dimefox » Logged
wooferzfg1
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2013, 03:49:36 PM »

First things first:
I was making friends with the reps for the whole event, being a nice guy and all. I realize I was sort of showing off my knowledge of the game and telling them about all the ways I knew to exploit glitches. She told me later AFTER I HAD DONE SUPERSWIMMING that because the game crashed (didn't know where to send me after I drowned near where earth temple should have been) she had to report the crash. They might have reported everything I said, and I may or may not be the reason the glitches I talked about wont work at release. I nearly begged them not to report it because people playing the game normally would never find them. I had to try.

That said, I got storage on the fence near the woman with the pigs and got super swimming to work.

I tested the "new sail pumping" which made me go so fast there was a screen blur effect.

Orca's training seems more lenient in that he won't knock you down on your first mistake.

I played Outset twice and Helmaroc none. The inventory for outset includes Bow, Bait Bag, two red potions, the color pictobox and possibly another thing.
I saw that the Helmaroc inventory did not have deku leaf. There was the grapple hook, bow, and hammer, that's all I saw.

I think SOUP GLITCH may be possible by changing play mode to be on the game pad instead of the TV and doing it normally.

I tried ledge clipping, but I had never done it before. I must have done it wrong or something, because it didnt work.

There is a place in the menu to change the inversion of the c-stick for those that don't like it.

The game pad's gyro controls did feel weird, but they also felt like they were supposed to be that way. It was just strange.

I still have yet to test a couple things, and I get a couple tries Saturday to try again and actually get pictures.
I watched other players and no one wanted to test out the tingle bottles and whatever it does. What we know has no use for speed running, but we may find a hilarious glitch in the future involving them.

WHY WOULD YOU TELL THEM NOOOO well at least storage works. you got storage the normal way, right?
Pedalpowertoast
Site Editor
Mega Guay

I'm an artist :O

« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2013, 04:29:06 PM »

First things first:

Why bother trying to be a nice guy to those Nintendo reps, you dont gain anything from that.

"I may or may not be the reason the glitches I talked about wont work at release."
Fucking amazing, this might become OoT3D again.

Oh and dont take pictures, that makes it suspicious and ill be sad if they get fixed. Try to get video and say its just gameplay to youtube, dont mention glitches and avoid crashing the game again, dont upload to youtube but instead somewhere else.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Pedalpowerluigi

Using a slow version on purpose is your choice, but you will get no sympathy or agreement from me.
Lol
Icefire_D
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2013, 04:41:25 PM »

Alright. So I got to play this yesterday and, of course, I tested storage first. It did work. I got it where near Link's house on the cliff where the sand and grass are about to meet. Superswimming worked, but crashed after I drowned. Probably because it didn't know where to put me. Then I played Helmaroc. I think the soup glitch still may be possible but I doubt. it. Here's to hoping they don't patch it!
qwerty1605
Regular Guay

Fuck you

« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2013, 05:19:04 PM »

Are you guys serious.... couldn't you just wait for the release? after storage just assume superswimming works....... also I seriously hope all of you 1 post people that crashed the game are trolling. Like honestly what were you thinking?

I'm gay
Paraxade
Special Guay

paraxade@hotmail.com
Email
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2013, 05:53:45 PM »

Guys. WE DON'T NEED TO KNOW RIGHT THIS SECOND IF THE GLITCHES WORK. We can check all that shit once the game is actually out. We do not want to tip off Nintendo about any of this. So it completely boggles my mind that you would do something that is very obviously a huge glitch and has a very good chance of crashing the game, let alone telling the Nintendo reps about every glitch in the game. What the hell.

As for pictures/video - I can't stress this enough, DO NOT TAKE PICTURES OR VIDEO. Period. Ugggh. There's probably a decent chance all this stuff will be fixed in the final now.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 06:02:39 PM by Paraxade » Logged
lplk
Deku Scrub

« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2013, 06:31:07 PM »

Sorry, everyone.
I was just trying to be nice and start conversation. I'm awful at social skills and needed something to talk about. Glitches was the only thing I could think to.

Yes, storage worked the normal way.

This is an info dump. I posted info.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 06:38:52 PM by Dimefox » Logged
DJS
Regular Guay

« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2013, 06:37:02 PM »

....she had to report the crash.
i love you <3

im a torch slug
wooferzfg1
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2013, 06:49:00 PM »

Sorry, everyone.
I was just trying to be nice and start conversation. I'm awful at social skills and needed something to talk about. Glitches was the only thing I could think to.

well thank you so much for ruining everyone's fun with speedrunning this game
lplk
Deku Scrub

« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2013, 07:16:22 PM »

Thanks for caring, wooferzfg1. I know it bothers you as much as it bothers me that I'm possibly the cause of it being fixed.

GC version still exists. Wiis are still being sold. Speed running is pretty underground anyway. Does it matter if we lose this iteration of the game to a tiny group of (one: me) nervous wrecks losing their spaghetti? Perhaps HD could simply be its own category. We don't know for sure until October.

I feel all the shame for this, and feel I need to restate that I practically begged them not to report and told them very clearly that someone playing through normally would never find them.

We don't know for sure until October.
Paraxade
Special Guay

paraxade@hotmail.com
Email
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2013, 07:20:02 PM »

Which is why frankly it's stupid to bother testing this stuff at all right now, especially when glitching the demo makes it less likely the glitches will make it to the final build.

Next time a Zelda game gets a remake and has a demo, can we just not test things until the game comes out? It's a lot of risk for no real reward. You guys aren't testing if the glitches work in TWWHD, you're testing if they work in this particular pre-release build of the game. They're still going to need to be checked when the game releases even if everyone was perfectly smart and discreet about it.
lplk
Deku Scrub

« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2013, 07:32:53 PM »

But if it was pointless, why was this info dump created?
nekotan
Deku Scrub

« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2013, 07:34:00 PM »

Thanks for caring, wooferzfg1. I know it bothers you as much as it bothers me that I'm possibly the cause of it being fixed.

GC version still exists. Wiis are still being sold. Speed running is pretty underground anyway. Does it matter if we lose this iteration of the game to a tiny group of (one: me) nervous wrecks losing their spaghetti? Perhaps HD could simply be its own category. We don't know for sure until October.

I feel all the shame for this, and feel I need to restate that I practically begged them not to report and told them very clearly that someone playing through normally would never find them.

Holy hell you sound selfish; borderline narcissistic, even.

I know for a fact there are a ton of people like you who only went to the demo to say LOL LOOK WHAT I CAN DO to stroke your e-peen. If you really cared about the game, you'd bring a wingman or something to distract the rep while you discreetly test storage and then continue the demo, but you don't.

But if it was pointless, why was this info dump created?

Maybe to report things like "the models have changed, the sword animation is different, the rope animation is faster, the text boxes are faster, this cutscene is different" that aren't integral to speedrunning. This is more about the game and not about breaking it while it's still indev.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 07:36:21 PM by nekotan » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
  Print  

Jump to: