ZSR Forums
April 19, 2024, 05:19:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I messes up MQ Spirit Temple! HELP!  (Read 8361 times)
Demise
Regular Guay

Cant be bothered to think of anything to put here.

« on: February 17, 2013, 08:30:32 PM »

I have OoT3D, and I recently discovered RBA and the coloured gauntlets. Some of you might guess what happened already... I got the Purple Gauntlets. Then decided to finish the game 100% (for a challenge). However, when I got to the Spirit Temple, I though I'd have some fun with my gauntlets and did the adult section first...

And now, I can't access 2 small keys, which blocks my progress in both wings of the temple. To get them, I'd need to unlock the door between the child section and the main room; however, the small key that can be found in the entrance room was used for an adult locked door. As a result, I can't access the hookshotable chest in the child section as an adult, and I can't access the corridor with the silver block as a child (the small key there isn't present when you're adult).

If I had the original, I'd probably hover up the hole in the ceiling of the entrance room as a child (where you normally hookshot as an adult), then clip through the silver block and access the small key. Then unlock the door from the main room to the child section, then come back as an adult and get the hookshotable chest and continue. But in the 3D version, clipping is very hard, if not impossible in most places, and I can't get ISG to work (is it even possible?).

Of course, I could get the spirit medallion with RBA, but then I won't get all my Golden Skulltullas.

EDIT: I just found the OoT3D section of this site. Now I feel dumb Embarrassed Anyway, the hookshot clip should work fine. Thank you to everyone who tried to help me.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 07:15:47 PM by Demise » Logged

Can't be bothered to put anything in my sig either. Tongue
Multisnivy
Regular Guay

Dont be hatin on my swag dawg:p

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2013, 08:42:52 PM »

i got into this situstion and i got a key from the child section and continued but u know u couldve skiped two keys with mirror sheild early right?

Be serious bro, the muffin is coming for you >Smiley
flameringer0629
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2013, 08:48:27 PM »

Yeah, you should do mirror shield early Tongue then you can bk skip early on from there.

LAXYXY
Demise
Regular Guay

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2013, 09:08:50 PM »

The thing is, I already got the Mirror Shield. So, as a child I can't access the main room, and as an adult I'm stuck in that room with the insane time block puzzle...

Multisnivy
Regular Guay

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2013, 09:15:05 PM »

then im not sure... ill tell u something else when i investigate with my own file...

Demise
Regular Guay

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2013, 09:35:30 PM »

Thanks a lot! I'm kinda a newbie with glitches...

Multisnivy
Regular Guay

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2013, 09:42:37 PM »

ur welcome.ive been speedrunning oot 3d for almost two years(im not the best but im still good:))

TheWayfaringFox
Site Editor
Special Guay

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2013, 10:25:21 PM »

You do not need any small keys for the spirit temple in mq on 3ds. There are tricks to skip all of them. You know the gate clip? On 3ds it is possible to do that with just the hookshot. Also, with the hover boots you can hookshot jump off of a torch in the main room into the mirror puzzle room, and from there you can skip the boss key. I want to probably make a video about it soon anyway.  Cheesy
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2013, 12:00:35 AM »

I really hate to be the forum nazi here, and I'm not trying to just be a jerk here. However, please try to keep the forums as clean as possible. For instance, in this case, post this in the Q&A instead of making a new thread. Also, just for future references, and as a refresher for everyone, instead of double posting, just edit your previous post please. Finally, if you're going to make a post, make it worthy of a post. By this I mean don't just say, "ok",  or "thanks". Other than that, I'm glad to see new guys enthusiastic about running this game and look forward to running/racing/interacting with you all. Remember to go onto our irc channel on #OoT3D Smiley

"tsmart yashichidsf wild dumb bitch" -Isaacordorica 2012
Demise
Regular Guay

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2013, 12:39:18 AM »

@TheWayfaringFox: since I'm kinda new to all the glitches, I don't know the gate clip. =P If you do make a video, it's probably gonna help a lot!

@benstephens: OK. I'm new to this forum so I didn't know about the Q&A thread. I mostly made this account just to ask this question... But in the future I'm gonna use Q&A if I have a problem. Though, is making a post to thank someone who's helping you not worth it? I'd rather say it is, unless there's a limit of posts per topic or something. =P

benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2013, 12:57:26 AM »

@benstephens: OK. I'm new to this forum so I didn't know about the Q&A thread. I mostly made this account just to ask this question... But in the future I'm gonna use Q&A if I have a problem. Though, is making a post to thank someone who's helping you not worth it? I'd rather say it is, unless there's a limit of posts per topic or something. =P

sure that's fine. Basically use your own discretion. Pretty much at this point, the forums are a little outdated for OoT3D because most discussions happen on the irc. I suggest if you have a lot more questions, go there.

"tsmart yashichidsf wild dumb bitch" -Isaacordorica 2012
Multisnivy
Regular Guay

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2013, 01:27:30 AM »

sorry:( couldnt find anything

Pedalpowertoast
Site Editor
Mega Guay

I'm an artist :O

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2013, 01:53:03 AM »

Im making a video soon of this.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Pedalpowerluigi

Using a slow version on purpose is your choice, but you will get no sympathy or agreement from me.
Lol
TheWayfaringFox
Site Editor
Special Guay

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2013, 02:00:25 AM »

You might be able to hit the eye switch by firing the bow through the wall similar to the hookshot clipping glitch. did you get every other key though? you might be missing one. there are seven total in the dungeon.
Pedalpowertoast
Site Editor
Mega Guay

I'm an artist :O

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2013, 07:23:34 PM »

Heres Fox' trick.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtDainMJpYg
Because you've already pushed the block...I don't think you can do that anymore, I'm sorry Sad

http://www.youtube.com/user/Pedalpowerluigi

Using a slow version on purpose is your choice, but you will get no sympathy or agreement from me.
Lol
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: