ZSR Forums
March 29, 2024, 12:41:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Storage Discussion  (Read 20464 times)
r0bd0g
Regular Guay

« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2012, 03:58:35 AM »

I'd like a cutscene where you can move around if you store it and gives you storage back when it ends. I want to try and get double storage off of it. I have an idea to break camera lock if I can get, uh, triple storage for lack of a better word, and you can't use two text storages to do that. The only thing I can think of is the deku baba eating you but that sounds really painful... and I'm not sure there's the right type of NPC around who can help me do what I want to do... So any suggestions would be appreciated. :p

If anybody wants to test my theory, here's some steps, probably best for somebody on emulator... So after deku leaf but before fw... get storage. Use the boat and whirlwind thing to get up to the guy up there and store his text. Then you have to leaf back to the starting area of forest haven b/c if you don't you'll zone out. Now play his text and clear it when he's not on screen (not sure if he has to not be on screen Tongue). Now keep him off-screen and get storage again. You should hopefully be able to do that without getting camera lock. Now you have storage and there's a guy who if you have him on screen will give you storage too. Next go an use the first storage on getting eaten by the deku baba, hopefully still without using up the storage stored in the guy you talked to. Now while the baba cutscene is playing, quickly do another storage, but this time don't put away the windwaker. Play Wind's Requiem instead of putting it away. You should make sure that the baba cutscene has ended before you finish playing requiem, but I can't really see that being an issue. The end result of these steps is hopefully you have wind's requiem on screen but you have control. This will disable your C buttons but just after you finish the song you have a short window to act. While the song is playing, finally turn your camera to look at the guy you talked to. Mash wind waker so that it pulls just before the wind's requiem dialog comes up. Hopefully you get camera lock from the guy and then wind's requiem is on screen too. Finally, see if wind's requiem will break the camera lock. If it works and if there were some better place where you could pull off some similar steps...

If you don't understand what's going on here uh, the gist of it is, if you store an npc's text you can kinda store a storage in them until you get a cutscene while they're on screen. Things like korl or mailboxes don't work b/c they seem always be loaded I guess. So I want to have that storage ready to go when I get wind's requiem storage. The problem is, to get wind's requiem storage, you need to have storage and do a wind waker dive, which requires double storage. If you use text to get that double storage, it messes up the storage that you stored with the npc, so you need to get double storage without using text (and it seems like it is only text that needs to be avoided, but I can't say for sure...). The only thing I could think of on the great sea that could maybe work is a deku baba, and there's like, no npc's around there and it's really hard to get storage, so... yeah.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 05:56:59 AM by r0bd0g » Logged
Yashichidsf
Regular Guay

the man himself

« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2012, 12:32:41 PM »

That's really confusing to think about. I think a list of instructions (1. get storage 2. talk to korok 3. etc.) would be easier to follow and I could try to do it then.

I can display millions of polygons!
r0bd0g
Regular Guay

« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2012, 08:39:40 PM »

The WW pull takes you out of the deku baba cs, I think I heard, so it wouldn't work anyway. A way to get double storage without text is what I'm after, and I guess it probably doesn't exist.
Frafabowa
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2012, 09:36:28 PM »

Could you use the mini-cs of placing a statue from the trading quest on one of the pedestals in place of the deku cutscene? I'm pretty sure there was a cutscene of that happening, albeit a short one, but those pedestals are generally pretty close to ledges...
nathanisbored
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2012, 11:07:58 PM »

I have no idea if this is already known. You can store Wind's Requiem if you play the song while the wind waker HUD is gone (from activating dry storage) while also having a text box open, then close the text box as he's playing the song. This way you can move around while the wind direction compass is on screen, and when you press A to change the wind, it acts as a "cutscene on demand". I have no idea how this could be used, but it seems interesting. The cool thing about it is that during the wind changing cutscene, Link will still move if he is in the air, allowing you to possibly bypass loading zones and things (I think the loading zone will still activate when the cutscene ends though). If you could change the wind in Hyrule (which I don't think you can IIRC), you could maybe use this to jump toward the barrier and then change the wind in mid-air so Link would clip through it (I think). Activating it in water causes Link to spaz out. I haven't tested much else. You can't use items while the wind compass is on screen, however there is about one second after Link finishes playing the song where you can use anything before the compass comes on screen, even wind waker again. I have not seen people mess around with this before, so maybe it isn't known. Just thought I'd share in case it leads to anything significant.
r0bd0g
Regular Guay

« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2012, 01:51:35 PM »

A few people know about it, yeah. It's possible to screw with things by activating it at the right time, but I don't think anybody's tried doing anything significant with it.

One thing is I was hoping to be able to break camera lock with it but I can't find a way to get storage again. It's possible to talk to an NPC and be able to control whether or not pulling the wind waker gives you camera lock, but you can't do that and also get wind's req storage because the only ways to do that require text storage already.

You can also get wind's req storage while sailing if you store the sailing off-course cutscene and then pull the wind waker and req while korl is sailing you. You can also get a small window when you do it that way to pull an item, but iirc it requires closing the korl text with good timing.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 01:53:24 PM by r0bd0g » Logged
nathanisbored
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2012, 04:33:16 AM »

A few people know about it, yeah. It's possible to screw with things by activating it at the right time, but I don't think anybody's tried doing anything significant with it.

One thing is I was hoping to be able to break camera lock with it but I can't find a way to get storage again. It's possible to talk to an NPC and be able to control whether or not pulling the wind waker gives you camera lock, but you can't do that and also get wind's req storage because the only ways to do that require text storage already.

You can also get wind's req storage while sailing if you store the sailing off-course cutscene and then pull the wind waker and req while korl is sailing you. You can also get a small window when you do it that way to pull an item, but iirc it requires closing the korl text with good timing.

What if you enter a cutscene (like when you first come to an island), and then change the wind during the cutscene? Does anything glitch out? I know doing it while in a Boko Baba's mouth causes link to be stuck in the air until he takes damage. Also it stays up even after the game over screen, unlike text which prevents the game over screen from popping up. So you can use or cancel the wind changing thing just as the continue screen is disapearing and reloading the area. I don't think it does anything though.
nathanisbored
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2012, 05:53:15 AM »

Alright, it seems that cancelling Winds Req after entering a loading zone gives you back control of Link briefly; not really long enough to do anything. Also if you press the wind waker button just before the wind compass comes on screen, you can play the Song of Passing while the compass is still on screen. If you time it just right, you can cancel Winds Req just before Song of Passing loads nighttime, giving you a couple frames to move while it's loading the night/day. If you could enter a loading zone during this time, WW maybe? I don't know if there's a good dry storage spot that is RIGHT next to a loading zone though... If you cancel Winds Req too early after playing SoP, you can actually move around while the screen is pitch black, and even pause the game and do everything you can normally do. The screen will not change back until you play SoP again. I don't think this has any other weird effects; it seems to be purely graphical. You said it's possible to use an item with Winds Requiem storage while in the boat, what happens if you play Ballad of Gales while Winds Req is active, then cancel it during BoG cutscene? There must be some way to WW in TWW Sad
nathanisbored
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2012, 10:51:55 AM »

Alright, this is kinda hard to test, but I've been trying to do the following:
1. Get storage at Forest Haven using beetle's ship
2. Store KoRL's text
3. Get on top of beetle's ship and do a wind waker dive for dry storage off the front of his ship's roof, so that you would land from the dive right in front of the ship's loading zone
4. While you have the HUDless wind waker open (and KoRL's text should be up now), play Wind's Requiem
5. Cancel KoRL's text while Link plays the song
6. As soon as Link finishes playing the song, mash the wind waker button to pull it out again (also maybe try moving a step or two closer to the loading zone at this point)
7. You should now have the wind waker out while the Wind's Requiem wind direction compass is on screen. This time, play Song of Passing.
8. Press B to cancel Wind's Requiem at just the right time after the screen fades black (too early and it will not load nighttime, you will just be stuck with a black screen)
9. As soon as you cancel Wind's Requiem, run into the loading zone
10. My idea is that is would try to load nighttime (or daytime) at the same time you enter the loading zone for beetle's ship.

It might not work, it might do nothing, it might lock up the game, it might just have you enter beetle's ship AND make it nighttime, or it might cause some kind of wrong warp, I have no idea. Or maybe you can do something similar without SoP somehow. The point is, it's hard for me to test, so I just figured I'd post my progress. I'm gonna take a break from trying for awhile. I was mainly having trouble getting a successful dry storage off the front of beetle's ship's roof with KoRL's text open. It's possible to wind waker dive there, but it's finicky and annoying. Even after that, the timing for SoP's loading zone thing is kinda precise.
nathanisbored
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2012, 09:35:17 AM »

What happens if you store this loading zone? Can you still move around?
http://youtu.be/ag6YusISIzk?t=4m5s
And for that matter, how far out can you swim in that area? Is there anything to find if you swim really far out?
Yashichidsf
Regular Guay

the man himself

« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2012, 01:24:45 PM »

You can't store loading zones, sorry

I can display millions of polygons!
nathanisbored
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2012, 06:39:18 AM »

You can't store loading zones, sorry
Yes you can! Like, you don't literally store it, but if you have storage active you still have control of Link after entering the loading zone briefly. It still tries to pull Link into it because he naturally walks toward the loading zone. But that's why I asked about that loading zone in particular, because it doesn't load the next are and it doesn't pull Link. I will probably test my own question soon anyway, so don't worry.

EDIT:
Sorry, I mean to say, that you have control of Link for one frame or so, until you leave the loading zone, THEN you gain full control of Link (until the area loads). This includes items, but it's only about a second so good luck doing anything.

EDIT AGAIN:
Because of above, storing this loading zone is hard because I need to enter it for one frame and then quickly leave it I guess. Remaining in it still locks the controls. I wonder the effects if you were to swim away to the fake triangle island after entering the loading zone, so that you could use items in this state freely. I'm not sure if that would be the case...
« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 10:14:13 AM by nathanisbored » Logged
rust45
Regular Guay

« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2012, 09:26:27 AM »

You aren't storing the loading zone, you're storing the automatic animation Link gets when he enters a loading zone.
nathanisbored
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2012, 10:15:35 AM »

You aren't storing the loading zone, you're storing the automatic animation Link gets when he enters a loading zone.

Yes, I figured that out now. Thanks!
Abahbob
Site Editor
Special Guay

I make videos of games that are done very fast.

Email
« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2012, 06:45:39 AM »

Post worthy crap right here:

It is possible to have storage as Medli, and possibly Makar or the things in ToG.

Get storage.
Jump onto a switch.
Before it falls, pull out WW and play Command Melody.

Because the switch falling is a CS, you are able to pull out the wind waker momentarily without getting Camera Lock.

I have no idea if this is useful, but I presume not.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: