ZSR Forums
March 29, 2024, 01:18:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: MST WW NG+ Segmented speedrun  (Read 6340 times)
Pedalpowertoast
Site Editor
Mega Guay

I'm an artist :O

« on: August 19, 2012, 09:10:23 PM »

Im thinking about starting a MST segmented run, so why not make a topic where I post the segs.

This isn't going to be a 100% serious run, because i can't put it into SDA etc. (Im looking at you capture device Angry) So you can expect to see some mistakes here and there. Sorry about that. This is more of a test and a demonstration of what the time could be. (Can do riskier timesavers e.g new Spirit timesaver + Fire temple boss key skip, record more easily etc.)

Before I start this i need help with the route. For example the dungeon route etc.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 09:20:28 PM by Pedalpowertoast » Logged

http://www.youtube.com/user/Pedalpowerluigi

Using a slow version on purpose is your choice, but you will get no sympathy or agreement from me.
Lol
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2012, 09:24:56 PM »

Is it possible to do shadow temple without the hookshot? That might save some time as you wouldn't have to sing the nocturne of shadow twice.

"tsmart yashichidsf wild dumb bitch" -Isaacordorica 2012
TheWayfaringFox
Site Editor
Special Guay

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2012, 09:29:30 PM »

It wouldn't save that much time. I just discovered that you can skip the silver rupee puzzle with a hookshot clip in shadow, which saves about a minute.  Tongue
Pedalpowertoast
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2012, 09:30:56 PM »

Is the gate solid from back?

Using a slow version on purpose is your choice, but you will get no sympathy or agreement from me.
Lol
TheWayfaringFox
Site Editor
Special Guay

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2012, 09:31:39 PM »

No.
Pedalpowertoast
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2012, 09:32:37 PM »

I actually feel pretty stupid, because that clips so obvious Embarrassed

Lol
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2012, 09:53:55 PM »

Wow... how come no one thought of that!? Herp-a-derp. So yep that makes my suggestion completely pointless. I mean routing-wise everything should be about the same. Maybe doing a hoverslide across the shadow pit is faster than watching the cutscene of the pillar exploding. Also there is the hoverslide in the block room of the fire temple. Do lots of superslides and stuff as well Tongue Oh and DJ and IDJ to get up walls faster. i.e. fire temple block lift room, forest temple first room, spirit temple death wall.

Pedalpowertoast
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2012, 09:57:23 PM »

You can also shoot the statue from the boat. The boat still moves allowing to get to the next room quickly, doubt its faster though. Yea doing block skip also HESSing up hammer stairs (semi sarcasm, might actually do it)
Should i get hovers, save warp, set FW, go to forest, beat it and RI warp? Or beat shadow first? Then i beat forest and find a way to DMC quickly. Should i do spirit last?
Im leaning towards shadow. And ben im doing those DJs dont know if block lift is any faster though.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 10:04:53 PM by Pedalpowertoast » Logged

Lol
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2012, 10:19:08 PM »

I personally like going to shadow, getting hover boots, and then going to forest. It just seems like it'd fit together well. Plus you can skip than key in the forest temple.

gamestabled
Site Editor
Special Guay

B e t A Q u e S t

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2012, 02:27:24 AM »

I just discovered that you can skip the silver rupee puzzle with a hookshot clip in shadow, which saves about a minute.  Tongue

This doesnt save a whole minute, and I think the reason people havent mentioned it is because its so obvious why bother. Ive known it since i first heard of hookshot clipping lol.

when i grow up, i wanna be just like taylortotftw
KRSkull
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2012, 02:33:03 AM »

I personally do the temples as Forest (get Bow, save warp, and then boss key skip), Ice Cave, Shadow (skip majority of the temple with the gate clip), Water (using early BK plus Longshot skip), Fire (Boss key early, save warp, get Hammer, save warp again, hoverslide to Boss) , and finally Spirit (Skip child side with either RBA or get Gold Gauntlets early, Doom jump/Hookshot jump BK skip). However, I am terrible at speed running, and this could possibly be the worst setup Sad
TheWayfaringFox
Site Editor
Special Guay

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2012, 05:15:56 AM »

This doesnt save a whole minute, and I think the reason people havent mentioned it is because its so obvious why bother. Ive known it since i first heard of hookshot clipping lol.
Yeah I seem to have exaggerated a little there. But it at least saves some time.

@KRSkull With Wrong Warping and Water Temple early we skip the Ice Cavern. And we can't grab the colored gauntlets because RBA is banned. 
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 05:21:07 AM by TheWayfaringFox » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: