ZSR Forums
April 27, 2024, 09:27:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 26
  Print  
Author Topic: MST Route Discussion  (Read 185530 times)
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #135 on: July 10, 2012, 05:00:48 PM »

Here's a video of the mega sidehop where you break the second web. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2fBK0EmHPI

So on the vines below the deku baba there are 2 angles resulting in, of course, 3 sides. If you get between the two angles on the middle side and L target as you climb up, the megaflip should launch you to the second web. It might take some practice, but it's definitely worth it.

On that Ganon din's fire glitch, you'll only have to hit him with 3 jumpslashes opposed to 10 hammers jump attacks. All-in-all I think it's worth it.

"tsmart yashichidsf wild dumb bitch" -Isaacordorica 2012
gamestabled
Site Editor
Special Guay

B e t A Q u e S t

« Reply #136 on: July 10, 2012, 05:39:08 PM »

Tom im sure you know that we save frames by naming our character MST instead of raccoon. Im disapointed with you trying to get yourself in the game. Sorry.

This isnt true if you hit all the quicktexts  Wink
Since I like to name ng+ files after the item they have, my MST file was cleverly named MasterST as I mashup of MST and master sword.

Anyways guys, I know you like to update with your progress on making tricks successfully but please dont make a million posts with just one sentence telling us things like that. Thanks in advance  Smiley

There are a few more wrong warp things to be tested. The first I am working on right now and it is an idea from r0bd0g (they all are) to get the zelda escape cutscene warp to work. Will edit in results. EDIT: Crash  Sad
The second idea is to get the fire->spirit warp to work. Put your farores wind in deku right after intro cutscene then try the warp (do not savewarp in between these actions) which is obviously real shitty to test, probably unreasonable for a run too.
The final idea is to try wrong warping to the silver gauntlets cutscene. EDIT: IT WORKS. IT WORKS. And you have control after the cutscene! And you can just open the chest for the gauntlets! New route incoming!!!

Alright guys, info to come. Good luck on more runs.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 06:08:25 PM by gamestabled » Logged

when i grow up, i wanna be just like taylortotftw
Norkix
Special Guay

« Reply #137 on: July 10, 2012, 05:42:02 PM »

Um... guys... it is possible to skip the entirety of GTG by hookshot clipping to Ice Arrows... Just thought you should know...

11:17 <Cosmo>: It's hard to tell what ASAP means with todays sequence breaks
Pedalpowertoast
Site Editor
Mega Guay

I'm an artist :O

« Reply #138 on: July 10, 2012, 06:33:28 PM »

New route incoming!!!
Alright guys, info to come. Good luck on more runs.
Oh shi..you sure had patience to go all the way there. (how strict is the warp time thing or is there a setup) good luck, i need that.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Pedalpowerluigi

Using a slow version on purpose is your choice, but you will get no sympathy or agreement from me.
Lol
TaylorTotFTW
Regular Guay

TeamTopSpeed

Email
« Reply #139 on: July 10, 2012, 06:43:51 PM »

Great news everyone! After testing some warps and discussing the route in #zelda, gamestabled and I have come up with the theoretical new route, which changes alot of things and saves alot of time!

First of all: we no longer need master sword NG+. Instead, we are using Farores Wind NG+. The child route is essentially the exact same as the any% route right up until when you magic (so deku nut forest escape (remember to grab sword before hand but don't equip), zl, to goron city (get cucu bottle on the way), sarias song, bracelet, to DC, grab bombs in DC then head up to magic). After that, you go back to the lost woods through goron city, and set a 'to be determined' warp, then buy a shield, do deku, and use the TBD warp to skip the 'creation' cutscene, then go from kokiri forest-->lost woods and set a warp there, go back and finish DC, then wrong warp and BAM, you're in the middle of the silver gauntlets cutscene! after the cutscene, open the chest to receive them, then rewatch the cutscene (lol), jump down and get requiem!! then just warp back to lost woods, navi dive, jabu, etc.

This effectively skips a long ass cutscene, block skip, and traveling to spirit! say goodbye to gateskip!

sorry if the route sounds really confusing right now, hopefully gamestabled will make a video and I will edit the route so it makes more sense. just thought you guys should know.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 06:50:29 PM by TaylorTotFTW » Logged
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #140 on: July 10, 2012, 06:57:21 PM »

Alright... Question: how is wrong warp done exactly. I haven't actually tested it yet. No gate sounds really good right now Cheesy I'm not fond of deku nut escape though... I love the new route. It's a big change but certainly a good one.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 06:59:24 PM by benstephens1000 » Logged

TaylorTotFTW
Regular Guay

TeamTopSpeed

Email
« Reply #141 on: July 10, 2012, 07:25:25 PM »

Ben, assuming you haven't done any% yet, you have alot to learn Tongue well actually not a whole lot because you don't have to do sling skip in DC, but still. Something you have to know is that if an item is on B, you can use it anywhere you can use the sword, meaning you don't have to use the restricted items glitch to use it. So basically, what you do is go from kokiri forest to the lost woods. Don't go from zoras river, dont go from gron city, go from the kokiri forest. Set Farores Wind. When you are ready to do the wrong warp (i.e you have beaten king dodongo, picked up the heart piece, and are standing by the warp, you inch really close to the warp, then sidehop away from it. now inch a little closer toward the warp, then sidehop towards it, pressing B in midair. If you inched close enough after sidehoping away from it, you should be on the edge of the blue warp with the FW menu up. Press A to select 'warp to point' or whatever when the screen is about half the size from it being distorted (the timing takes some getting used to). Here is a video of it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?list=LLM1h00Lx6deRD8DLmnzjnPA&v=6mNjDkeLcow&feature=player_detailpage#t=2325s
Pedalpowertoast
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #142 on: July 10, 2012, 07:31:21 PM »

Its not confusing, just need to practise warping. Id like to see peoples faces when they see this run done.
Im starting to hate getting ZL, that fucking box jump and those troll guards who see me throught the bushes. Oh well atleast its good for any% too Smiley BTW taylor how are we gonna get those bombs without fire skipping u said something like that.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 07:42:39 PM by Pedalpowertoast » Logged

Using a slow version on purpose is your choice, but you will get no sympathy or agreement from me.
Lol
gamestabled
Site Editor
Special Guay

B e t A Q u e S t

« Reply #143 on: July 10, 2012, 07:52:25 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EJ0fdGNBbw

The wrong warp. As you can see, you regain control, you can get the gauntlets, you can get requiem, and then warp right back to the lost woods. Everything about it is good!

when i grow up, i wanna be just like taylortotftw
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #144 on: July 10, 2012, 07:59:02 PM »

Alright so I understand that all now, but 3 more things: 1) how do you create NG+ with Farores Wind. I haven't worked with very much NG+ so I don't quite understand how it all works, and 2) Why don't you have to do the sling skip? I'm not worried about it if I do have to because I'm actually quite good at the fire skips, but will you have the sling shot at that point?, and 3) What is warp to TBD

Sorry I'm just so new to all of this farores wind stuff. I've never done any runs on console so I don't get all of these confusing things even though I'm sure they're not that confusing.

LttpMmOot
Regular Guay

« Reply #145 on: July 10, 2012, 08:03:14 PM »

i was just wondering can wrong warp be done without farores wind on b while using restricted items in boss room i know it would be kind of hard to pull off i want to know if its possible has anyone done it yet?
TaylorTotFTW
Regular Guay

TeamTopSpeed

Email
« Reply #146 on: July 10, 2012, 08:24:16 PM »

Lttp: Yes, if you have FW normally you can use RI in the boss room to wrong warp. I have done it, not for silver gaunt cutscene though. It's extremely difficult if you don't know what you're doing.

Ben: It's hard to explain, but I'll try. First you have to get a bottle on B. To do this you first have to steal the fishing rod.

Pay to start fishing.
Perform Use Restricted Items to pull out a bomb or bombchu.
Cast the Rod.
The bomb will damage you, allowing you to walk while the rod is cast.
Nagivate to the door and open it.

Then, jump into the water outside of the fishing place, (it greys out the B button) enter the fishing place, then exit again. This turns your fishing rod on B into a deku stick on B. Now you need to turn that into a bottle.

To change the stick into a bottle you must first get rid of all of your Deku Sticks (mash B against a wall). Now, since putting a bottle on B also activates Reverse Bottle Adventure, it's best if you use a bottle of Fish, and equip it on the II Button. Empty your Fish bottle and re-catch it to have a full bottle on hand. Backflip, then press the Bottle's button and the B button in quick succession before touching the ground. If done right, Link will dump whatever you had out of the newly created B bottle. You can now scoop the Fish/Bugs with B to RBA whatever is equipped to II.

So pretty much have a bottle with a fish in it (put it on II), dump it out, catch it, backflip, and in midair press II then B, then catch the fish with B.

Now drop the master sword and go back in time. Now bottle a Poe with your normal bottle, and put it on II. Make sure you have EXACTLY 13 deku seeds for your slingshot (NOT DEKU NUTS!) and go foward in time. You should have FW on B. now just get on a horse, and quit the game. Start a new file. You will know if FW is on B on your new file if you hear a sound when you press B.

I hope I explained that correctly, if someone could confirm this.

2. You will have the sling in DC.

3.We just want a warp that warps somewhere close to the lost woods, essentially we just want to skip the deku tree cutscene.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 08:27:07 PM by TaylorTotFTW » Logged
Pedalpowertoast
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #147 on: July 10, 2012, 08:28:05 PM »

1.make sure you have 13 arrows, steal the rod, get bottle on b, go back in time, equip the right item as child (not sure what it was probably a fish or bugs) go back to the future, check if farores wind works, pay to fish or try a horse, climb on a horse then save and quit. The next new file you create has FF on b, if you want to know if you were succesful start the new file, exit Links house and tap B, if you hear a sound effect it works.

2.when are we getting the slingshot?

3.TBD = to be determined, like taylor said in that post a bit earlier Tongue

Lol
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #148 on: July 10, 2012, 08:31:39 PM »

Thank you so much Taylor and Pedalpower! I tried watching gamestabled's video, but I couldn't make sense of it. This helps so very much! I'm going to go test this all right now! Cheesy

Pedalpowertoast
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #149 on: July 10, 2012, 08:34:07 PM »

No problem ben  Smiley
I got magic now so im gonna go beat deku tree now.

Lol
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 26
  Print  

Jump to: