ZSR Forums
April 27, 2024, 09:28:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Noob trying to get into MM running  (Read 34337 times)
ArthurDent
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2012, 09:12:25 AM »

When I've tried to "speed run" this game I've practised with old routes. Pyh's 3h37m run has a not to hard route which I've followed some times before using other routes. Some timesavers I'm currently struggling with is getting through the ice en route to mountain village and Ikana seam walking.
Do you people here know where I can watch old speedruns? I remember watching this old WR that had some incoherent route for bottles and Zora eggs, it's interesting to see how much been dicovered in this game through the years.

I have PAL N64 and my controllers are rather weary, so I seriously consider do get myself NTSC virtual console.
ING-X
Site Editor
Mega Guay

fuck you and the horse you rode in on

562243965 marikthechao@hotmail.com ingx24
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2012, 01:16:37 PM »

Playing on the N64 version will always put you at a disadvantage because of the lag and slower loading times.

It will, however, give you more control over your character (assuming your stick isn't horribly broken). Tongue

inb4shitstorm

<complex> byan you're doing that thing again
<complex> the thing where everything you say is fucking retarded

<ethandude> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexual cheak this out luxury it might come in helpful when u wright your resime
HiipFire
Regular Guay

« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2012, 05:17:07 PM »

Can't I just buy a N64 Passport instead of buying a new N64?

Edit: What's the difference between PAL and NTSC for MM?
« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 05:19:04 PM by HiipFire » Logged
ING-X
Site Editor
Mega Guay

fuck you and the horse you rode in on

562243965 marikthechao@hotmail.com ingx24
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2012, 05:57:52 PM »

PAL runs at 5/6 the speed of NTSC and has shorter rolls, meaning you have to time all roll-based tricks differently (and you have less frames to do them).

<complex> byan you're doing that thing again
<complex> the thing where everything you say is fucking retarded

<ethandude> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexual cheak this out luxury it might come in helpful when u wright your resime
HiipFire
Regular Guay

« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2012, 08:39:50 PM »

PAL runs at 5/6 the speed of NTSC and has shorter rolls, meaning you have to time all roll-based tricks differently (and you have less frames to do them).
Ok ty.
Pedalpowertoast
Site Editor
Mega Guay

I'm an artist :O

« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2012, 04:53:46 AM »

Can't I just buy a N64 Passport instead of buying a new N64?     
. I wasted a good 30-45 bucks for the passport 3, and quess what it doesnt work. Im still pissed off.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Pedalpowerluigi

Using a slow version on purpose is your choice, but you will get no sympathy or agreement from me.
Lol
HiipFire
Regular Guay

« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2012, 10:27:14 AM »

I used to have a working, but it broke because a stupid 5year old punched it and started sitting on it :/
Pedalpowertoast
Site Editor
Mega Guay

I'm an artist :O

« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2012, 01:55:22 PM »

Mine works too but nothing happens when i try to load the game Sad

http://www.youtube.com/user/Pedalpowerluigi

Using a slow version on purpose is your choice, but you will get no sympathy or agreement from me.
Lol
HiipFire
Regular Guay

« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2012, 10:59:19 PM »

I finally got ISG down, I basically just mash B and then mash A and I always get it.
Currently trying to get the hover timing down.
HiipFire
Regular Guay

« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2012, 08:18:14 PM »

Incase anybody is still wondering how I'm doing, I got Supersliding down and I sometimes manage to pull of hovering.
Lordpilot
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2012, 12:16:29 AM »

Rookie here aswell, i have just joined this forum,
and i have been following this community for a couble of years now,
i know just about any of the tricks played of in OOT,
MM and WW. I have practised alot, but i have some qustions:

1. When i hover near a wall with chus, they ALWAYS fail for me,
they just glide off below me and work as normal,
this is preventing me from skipping mirror shield for stonetower,
and doing alot of other stuff,
This forces me to turn midair if i want to execute a height increansing hover.

2. I have a N64 aswell, i have that Gold Cartridge, special edition one, i don't know if it is PAL or NTSC. It is English text and such.
Can somebody tell me what that version is and if it is suitable for running.

3. I have got a fucking retarded N64 controller, it is really old, and the analog stick is just fucked, any idea where to get a new for a  cheap price, or just how to fix my controller?

4. Now that i have both N64 and the VC version, which one should i play runs on, is there any huge differences?

If you have a wii, it would be better and cheaper for you to just hack your wii and play ntsc mm on it. Playing on the N64 version will always put you at a disadvantage because of the lag and slower loading times.

Well i have a wii and it is hacked. I have got Wii64 on it,
but it seems the game has a few graphic problems,
LoT doesn't work proberbly, although i have managed to climb to the Goron shrine thing anyways, the sun is all fucked up when you look at it.
There is a bit of lag in the sound as well...
I don't know if i am using a wrong plugin, settings or even a wrong version of the game.
Please give me some advice.
Nook
Special Guay

« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2012, 01:18:11 AM »

1. you must pull and shield the bombchu very quickly

2. To find out your version: http://zeldaspeedruns.com/oot/generalknowledge/version-differences

3. ebay will have them really cheap, I've seen 10$

4. I would say play on VC rather than N64, less lag for both OoT and MM. It is up to preference though (controllers, trick differences/diffuculty levels)

You should just download .WAD files to your Wii, they are cracked games that come from the Wii store (it will appear is though you bought them, it will show up as it's own channel, and is the official version) rather than the sub-par emulator Wii64 is. Wii64 is also illegal in runs

And welcome to the forum Lordpilot!
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 01:21:19 AM by Tom Nook » Logged

Lordpilot
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2012, 10:44:42 AM »

1. you must pull and shield the bombchu very quickly

2. To find out your version: http://zeldaspeedruns.com/oot/generalknowledge/version-differences

3. ebay will have them really cheap, I've seen 10$

4. I would say play on VC rather than N64, less lag for both OoT and MM. It is up to preference though (controllers, trick differences/diffuculty levels)

You should just download .WAD files to your Wii, they are cracked games that come from the Wii store (it will appear is though you bought them, it will show up as it's own channel, and is the official version)rather than the sub-par emulator Wii64 is. Wii64 is also illegal in runs

And welcome to the forum Lordpilot!

I say thankyou.
I helped me quite alot.
I have one more question, i have heard that you can record your runs with a DVD screenrecorder.
Where can i get this, and what is the approximate price for it Smiley is it limited to only few tvs, or does it work with old chubby televisions?
Nook
Special Guay

« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2012, 12:32:20 PM »

You can get it on ebay, amazon.com, or just a store like Best Buy (if you're in the US). The price ranges depending on what quality you get, ranging from 5-100$. It can work mostly on any TV, but if you have an older one this will help: http://www2.panasonic.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/DVDRecordersFAQ?storeId=15001&catalogId=13401&langId=-1&catGroupId=24987#dvdcon2

HiipFire
Regular Guay

« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2012, 07:39:22 PM »

Progress report yayyyyy

So, I haven't really gotten the time to play alot of MM recently, but I have been able to get bomb(chu) hovering pretty consistent, I can do the run decently fast up to the Zora fly to the fountain, which is where I stopped.

Still working on getting the SS timing down.
Still playing on PAL(I'm broke ;(, If someone can sell me a cart for around €20 I'd love you forever)

EDIT: Should I run RTA since it's faster?
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 08:08:09 PM by HiipFire » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: