ZSR Forums
April 23, 2024, 09:51:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can somebody recommend a capture card?  (Read 7681 times)
Phazon
Special Guay

Aaaaagh!

lol_oli_lol@hotmail.com PhazonN
Email
« on: March 07, 2012, 04:23:16 PM »

My dvd-recorder just broke and I'm getting fed up with them altogether at this point, so I'm looking into capture cards hoping they'll be more reliable. I was wondering which capture cards people on here use. I'm not looking for particularly amazing quality (SD is fine), it's much more important to me that it's reliable. I'd appreciate any suggestions.

[15:48:29] <ChocolateLink> chapstick?
[15:48:59] <Phazon> yeah, i'm using it atm, you can get crazy high
Pheenoh
Site Editor
Special Guay

Locked in cafde's basement

Email
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2012, 06:17:54 PM »

EasyCap (Cheap, but not the best quality)
Dazzle DVC 100
Hauppauge HD PVR (Pricey)

These are some of the most commonly used ones I've seen.

<yashichidsf> tompa should default be a mod on everything related to srl
<yashichidsf> while i'm not a big fan of modding bots, i think tompa is really well programmed
Phazon
Special Guay

Aaaaagh!

Email
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2012, 07:35:46 PM »

Thanks for the suggestions. I was looking at Dazzle, but it always seems to get a lot of mixed reviews. I can't find anywhere that sells DVC 100 either, although I may be missing something obvious lol.

StingChameleon
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2012, 10:08:29 PM »

I use dazzle for streaming, and I found dazzle at best buy. There's several versions of them, but for each version of Dazzle there is $10-$20 for the next version up. The newer version, the better the quality. Also, Dazzle comes with Pinnacle Studio, which is a video editor for what you want to record with.
TimpZ
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2012, 10:55:32 PM »

I use a happauge live2 usb thingy-whatever-it's-really-called. Works well with deinterlace I'd say. It also have S-video which gives better quality I think.

Why does adult Link have an earring?
Quote from: CinnabonChan
Because Rauru's a pervert. Leave a priest alone with a young boy in a seven year coma, who gradually grows into a handsome young man?

Yeah, that will end well. I'm pretty sure Rauru has a stack of kinky outfits he dressed Link in
Phazon
Special Guay

Aaaaagh!

Email
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2012, 11:00:21 PM »

Is Pinnacle Studio standard with Dazzle? On Pinnacle's website it only mentions it with Dazzle Platinum.

StingChameleon
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2012, 12:36:16 AM »

My Dazzle came with the pinnacle program. But it isn't Dazzle Platinum. The Dazzle I got came with 'Pinnacle Studio 12'. But I got one of the cheaper ones, and it works just fine. I think 'Dazzle Platinum' is a newer release of Dazzle, and it comes with the latest of Pinnacle Studios. I haven't been out to Best Buy to check for it. You can search Best Buy's database for Dazzle and see which version you want through there. I never check on Pinnacle's website for what is released with it.
Pheenoh
Site Editor
Special Guay

Locked in cafde's basement

Email
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2012, 08:49:51 AM »

You won't actually need the Pinnacle software to record, although it does come bundled with the necessary drivers for your computer to recognize the Dazzle. Programs like AmaercTV and VirtualDub can also record straight from the Dazzle, so no need to waste your money on that software if you don't have to. But, as mentioned previously, I do not know how hard the drivers would be to find.

<yashichidsf> tompa should default be a mod on everything related to srl
<yashichidsf> while i'm not a big fan of modding bots, i think tompa is really well programmed
Phazon
Special Guay

Aaaaagh!

Email
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2012, 06:20:58 PM »

Well I'm looking to keep it as simple as I can, so I'll just go with the Pinnacle software and save myself the hassle. Which Dazzle do you have StingChameleon?

StingChameleon
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2012, 10:12:37 PM »

Dazzle Plus. I wish I had platinum. xD
Implicit
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2012, 03:49:23 AM »

I'd go with a Dazzle DVC100. It has much better quality than EasyCap, and is more affordable than an HD-PVR. If you're just recording Zelda games and such there is no need for an HD PVR. You can usually find Dazzles at Best Buy or Future Shop for around $60-80.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: