ZSR Forums
May 29, 2024, 02:44:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: What counts as a Wrong Warp?  (Read 11208 times)
Zargaroc
Regular Guay

« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2014, 05:24:47 PM »

Is the Trials skip is a type of Wrong warp
quo
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2014, 06:14:18 PM »

No you're hitting a loading zone, sorta like deku tree as adult
Jbop
Twenty-three is number one! Do you think I'm a traitor?

« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2014, 12:11:38 AM »

I've never liked the "load more than one thing at a time" explanation. There isn't much difference between EPG and Void warp if you backtracked into the "wrong room" and went back to your return point.

Just because they can have similar effects doesn't mean they can't be classified as different glitches based on how they are performed. The "two load zones at once" explanation explains both wrong warp and void warp perfectly, including the odd effects they can have.

Quote from:  ZFG on March 24, 2008, 8:27:24 AM
Quote from:  Prognosis_4 on March 24, 2008, 8:25:50 AM
Why are you guys so certain it's possible?
Because its OoT.
TheWayfaringFox
Site Editor
Special Guay

« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2014, 04:00:41 AM »

0 is correct though, the next cutscene number variable is set the same if you were to travel to the Chamber of Sages as if you weren't. This is actually a different value than what could be interpreted as being null (the value defaults to FFEF on every scene change).

I want to point out that at this time I still don't understand how Chamber of Sages cutscenes are triggered.

I think that 0 was made to maybe distinguish the dungeon clear flag from entering the blue warp another time? If you lock FFEF when the game is loading the blue warp the game does not send you to the cutscenes for the dungeons that I messed with.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 07:48:42 PM by mzxrules » Logged
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2014, 09:57:00 AM »

Just because they can have similar effects doesn't mean they can't be classified as different glitches based on how they are performed. The "two load zones at once" explanation explains both wrong warp and void warp perfectly, including the odd effects they can have.

My point is that we're trying to classify two distinctly different tricks as being the same on the basis that nobody wants to do void warp in runs.

The "two load zones at once" is not a core part of what makes wrong warping work, and thus isn't useful for explaining what we want banned from the no wrong warp category. For example, if you could manipulate the next cutscene value in an RBA way, you would bypass the need to trigger this "two loading zones at once".

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
nathanisbored
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2014, 07:25:46 PM »

Is "overwriting the next_entrance value before it gets pushed to last_entrance" a good enough definition? Or does that still not cover void warp?

What's the simplest definition that covers:
-Blue Warp CS skips
-Cutscene Wrong Warps
-Void Warp
but doesn't count EPG? It needs to be a definition that doesn't use terms like "at the same time" or "at once" or "wrong place" etc, unless you define exactly what those terms mean. This way we don't have to worry about glitches in the future that could corrupt our current definitions (like a way to overwrite the next entrance value with RBA, for example). Apparently I don't understand the logic of scene transitions in this game well enough come up with a definition myself, so I was wondering if someone more knowledgeable could.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: