ZSR Forums
May 16, 2024, 12:28:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8
  Print  
Author Topic: Ocarina of Time TAS Competition V3  (Read 59594 times)
Amphorce
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #75 on: March 30, 2012, 01:23:34 AM »

Doing these is the best way to learn the tricks. It is definitely helping me out, and its fun. If you need any help on how to work Mupen, or start recording or anything else, just message me and i will help you get started Smiley
DekuScrub
Regular Guay

« Reply #76 on: April 03, 2012, 12:28:19 AM »

I hope this didn't die yet again... Also I probably won't be able to do my best as my large period of free time has ended.  Cry

I have everything to do these, except the time (and a save state to use)

SOLD OUT
poptart1234
Deku Panel Reject
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #77 on: April 04, 2012, 12:09:39 AM »

do you take PAL version?
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #78 on: April 04, 2012, 01:45:44 PM »

do you take PAL version?

Doesn't the PAL version run at 5/6th the speed?

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
Majora MIM
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #79 on: April 04, 2012, 02:17:32 PM »

Yes it does. Exepted PAL60 which is 0.03 fps faster.

But you should play NTSC version. It's easier to find.

sorry for my soooo bad english.

TLOZ: complete     AOL: complete     ALTTP(GBA): 100%
LA(DX): complete   OOT/MQ/3D: 100%    MM: 100%
OOA/OOS: 100%    FS:100%   TWW:100%
 FSA: 100%     TMC: 100%     TP: 100%
PH: 100%        ST: 100%         SS: Huh
Amphorce
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #80 on: April 04, 2012, 04:32:35 PM »

since when is NTSC easier to find? most of the sites i went to had the PAL version. It took me bout an hour to find an NTSC rom.
MrGrunz
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #81 on: April 11, 2012, 12:07:48 PM »

Hmm, I still didn't find a nice task. 100% Ice Cavern seems very complex and a bit long.

Just something dumb that out of a sudden came to my head while writing the first sentence of this post:
What about the clearing the fire maze room in Fire Temple backwards as Adult? Get from the door that leads to the Flare Dancer to the door from which you usually enter the room for the first time? If someone doesn't understand which room I am talking about, watch this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtvxQqf0qPA

It's the room in which I start. You'd have to find some way to get past the huge fire barrier and then you would also have to find a quick way to get to the door, which includes getting past all the mini barriers and getting up to the door.

Tell me what you think of it. Maybe it's total crap and just sounds nice in my head. Biggest advantage of it would be, that it is quite short, so a lot of people could take part without investing many hours of work.
playe
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #82 on: April 11, 2012, 05:50:14 PM »

Actually this sounds like it'd be fun to do. (Not to mention it'd be interesting seeing what people could come up with.)

If it ends up being the task then I'd definitely take part in this one. (And actually finish.)
Bonooru
Regular Guay

« Reply #83 on: April 13, 2012, 07:24:03 AM »

I vote in favor of the backwards maze idea. Because it would be neat to see how people do it. But then again since i wouldnt be participating my vote probably shouldnt count.
Pheenoh
Site Editor
Special Guay

Locked in cafde's basement

Email
« Reply #84 on: April 13, 2012, 02:57:16 PM »

I would ban hoverboots, so someone doesn't figure this out in reverse.

http://www.twitch.tv/sockfolder/b/297031276

That would make it pretty boring.

<yashichidsf> tompa should default be a mod on everything related to srl
<yashichidsf> while i'm not a big fan of modding bots, i think tompa is really well programmed
Amphorce
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #85 on: April 15, 2012, 01:11:13 PM »

I am still a little confused as to what you are saying MrGrunz, but I am game to try it.
lilkcough1
Regular Guay

thanks to vosva for the pic

« Reply #86 on: May 12, 2012, 01:38:28 PM »

I'm sure this thread is long since dead, but I'd give this a try.  However, I've never TASed before, so I'd need someone to teach me about TAS-only tricks and how to record my TAS.  Otherwise, the backwards fire maze sounds great!
DekuScrub
Regular Guay

« Reply #87 on: May 12, 2012, 02:17:50 PM »

The challenge sounds good, I'd love to have some sort of TAS competition; I've been waiting so long to join one.  Cry

SOLD OUT
lilkcough1
Regular Guay

thanks to vosva for the pic

« Reply #88 on: May 13, 2012, 05:37:52 PM »

Hey, if anyone could help me, I'm having trouble with Mupen.  When I try to use loz oot, Mupen crashes and I can't play it.  It worked fine until I downloaded the Tas input plugin 0.6(which came separate from the emulator itself) and then Mupen would crash immediately with no warning, and it says that it's the video plugin's fault.  If it helps, I'm on Vista.  Can someone tell me how to fix this?  And if this is in the wrong place,(which I'm sure it is) can someone put it where it belongs and will be answered?
DekuScrub
Regular Guay

« Reply #89 on: May 13, 2012, 09:39:34 PM »

Here are some things that I suggest will help make sure everything works, and also so that you can TAS properly:

First, check that you have Mupen64 Re-Recording v8, the newest version. You'll need it to be able to use frame advance and to re-record, a must for TASing.

Second, right-click on Mupen to access the drop down menu and select Properties. Click the Compatibility tab and mark "Disable Desktop Composition". If you ever want to record AVI movies with Mupen yourself, you need to do this or your video will just be audio. Not necessary fo this competition however as it requires an .m64, but a good thing to know.

Third, if you want to have the ability to access the pause screen in Ocarina of Time without the annoying delay, get the pause bug fix Mupen, and use that for OoT. (and disable desktop composition for that too)
No more run-ruining pause problems.

Finally, Check your video plugin. There might just be a very good reason why Mupen is telling you the Video Plugin isn't working. Find out which one is being used, by selecting "Settings" (NOT "Video Settings") in the Options tab.
If you are using the plugin "Glide64", make sure to change it to something else. Glide64 requires a Voodoo graphics card, which means you must use a Glide "Wrapper" to allow compatibility with your computer or the plugin will not work. Until you download a Glide wrapper, switch to something other than Glide.

Hope that helps.

SOLD OUT
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8
  Print  

Jump to: