ZSR Forums
May 01, 2024, 06:10:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8
  Print  
Author Topic: Ocarina of Time TAS Competition V3  (Read 59105 times)
lilkcough1
Regular Guay

thanks to vosva for the pic

« Reply #90 on: May 14, 2012, 12:53:40 AM »

Just one question.  Is the pause bug fix a separate Mupen, or is it an addition/plugin? As in, does  v8 come with the pause fix, or do I have to install it separately?  Or is it not compatible with v8?  I really want to start TASing, but I just need to get Mupen working right.

Edit:
Nvm, I spent time with my mom for mother's day, came back, and Mupen was working fine.  After a panic attack since I didn't know where frame advance was, I'm finally able to TAS.  What should I do just to get used to TASing?
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 08:13:35 PM by lilkcough1 » Logged
playe
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #91 on: May 14, 2012, 03:13:11 AM »

Just one question.  Is the pause bug fix a separate Mupen, or is it an addition/plugin? As in, does  v8 come with the pause fix, or do I have to install it separately?  Or is it not compatible with v8?  I really want to start TASing, but I just need to get Mupen working right.
Actually there's two solutions to the pause big, one is a seperate build of mupen itself but another one is by using Jabo 1.6 and turning on the framebuffer option. (icr exactly where it is but I wanna guess it's in advanced options.)
D U F I
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #92 on: May 14, 2012, 11:35:55 AM »

You should get the reset version from the notes from Swordless' Any% TAS and check "Copy Framebuffer to RDRAM" in the advanced settings of Jabo 1.6 to fix the pause lag.
lilkcough1
Regular Guay

« Reply #93 on: May 14, 2012, 08:25:48 PM »

Yo, thanks guys, that helped a ton.  Now I can get down to TASing.  Unfortunately, I have to play through the whole game to set up some savestates for practicing TAS-glitches/TASing dungeons/etc, but I'll get it done.  Soon enough this'll be second nature.
lilkcough1
Regular Guay

« Reply #94 on: May 15, 2012, 12:08:28 AM »

Ok, Mupen freaking HATES me.  I just started it up, and the screen was completely black.  The game was running, I could hear the audio and could make inputs, but couldn't see the game.  I'm using Jabo's Direct3D 1.6 or whatever it's called.  I'm thinking about quitting TASing because Mupen hates me so much and it doesn't seem worth the effort.  Someone please help me?

Edit:
Now, it says:
"Direct3D failed to initialize
Error code:8876086AD3DERR_NOTAVAILABLE"
And then Mupen crashes.  Why must Mupen hate me?  I have a different problem with it every day and it pretty much seems to be screaming at me "STOP TRYING TO TAS!!!!"  It either does this or does the thing from my last post where I see a black screen, but the message is still clear that Mupen wants nothing to do with me.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 08:10:57 PM by lilkcough1 » Logged
D U F I
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #95 on: May 15, 2012, 09:52:29 AM »

Please stop spamming. Try update Direct x to the latest version and then try again.
Norkix
Special Guay

« Reply #96 on: May 15, 2012, 11:05:36 AM »

What D U F I means by stop spamming is "don't keep adding new posts." There is a button next to each post you make that is labelled "modify" Use that and put EDIT: and insert your new message after that. Filling up the board with unnecessary posts is disapproved of here. I hope Mupen works out for you Smiley

11:17 <Cosmo>: It's hard to tell what ASAP means with todays sequence breaks
lilkcough1
Regular Guay

« Reply #97 on: May 15, 2012, 08:12:38 PM »

Ok.  Sorry, didn't even realize I quad posted before.  I'm also new here, so I didn't know how to edit a post. thanks for showing me that.  Will edit my posts in a second.

Edit: thanks SamusXLink for that, and D U F I, I really didn't know how to edit, and really didn't realize.  I wasn't trying to spam or anything.  Anyways, when is Grunz gonna start this task?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 12:21:55 AM by lilkcough1 » Logged
Norkix
Special Guay

« Reply #98 on: May 25, 2012, 04:29:25 AM »

Great idea for a TAS challenge: the bubble room in IJJB. Timer starts on the first frame that you have control of Link (after the door closes) and ends when you open the chest with the Compass.

This would make a really fun TAS because we would see a variety of different methods. There are three ways to kill bubbles: sword, rang and contact. Clever TASers would implement all three.

What do you guys think?

gamestabled
Site Editor
Special Guay

B e t A Q u e S t

« Reply #99 on: May 25, 2012, 06:52:51 PM »

You should ban deku nuts if you do that.

when i grow up, i wanna be just like taylortotftw
Norkix
Special Guay

« Reply #100 on: May 25, 2012, 09:52:02 PM »

afaik, deku nuts do nothing to bubbles. but yeah, everything other than sword and rang would be banned.

gamestabled
Site Editor
Special Guay

B e t A Q u e S t

« Reply #101 on: May 26, 2012, 02:13:12 AM »

Those arent bubbles they are shaboms, (bubbles are flying skulls lol), and you should try walking in that room and throwing a deku nut. I think you will be quite pleased.

when i grow up, i wanna be just like taylortotftw
DekuScrub
Regular Guay

« Reply #102 on: June 23, 2012, 09:44:12 PM »

I had an idea for a task just recently, but it was an MM task Sad Still can't think of anything for OoT other than the ones proposed.

Wait, maybe this: Starting at x entrance (not sure which one would be best) to Goron City, get to the fairy fountain at the top of the mountain. I don't know, just something I thought up.

If anyone wants to know what the MM task is, let me know.

SOLD OUT
poptart1234
Deku Panel Reject
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #103 on: June 28, 2012, 10:38:53 PM »

Great idea for a TAS challenge: the bubble room in IJJB. Timer starts on the first frame that you have control of Link (after the door closes) and ends when you open the chest with the Compass.

This would make a really fun TAS because we would see a variety of different methods. There are three ways to kill bubbles: sword, rang and contact. Clever TASers would implement all three.

What do you guys think?

i think its a great idea, im up for it
Ebilkill
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #104 on: June 30, 2012, 07:28:09 PM »

Hey, I'm new here, but I've been a fan of the TAS competitions for a long time (since the third one came out I believe), and I'd like to join once. Personally, I think MrGrunz' idea is nicer than Norkix' but that's just my preference. And just one question, when do you think it's going to start MrGrunz?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8
  Print  

Jump to: