ZSR Forums
May 14, 2024, 02:36:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 28
  Print  
Author Topic: BiT Research Topic  (Read 237331 times)
KingOfHeart
Special Guay

« Reply #210 on: February 09, 2012, 09:17:15 PM »

While BIT, what if you load one of your game files while heading into a door(or did you just say this?)?
In your game, what if you Reset the game while heading into a door(or did you just say this?)?

This is two possibilities that may or may not do anything.
TestRunner
Regular Guay

Skyward Sword Editor

« Reply #211 on: February 09, 2012, 09:51:56 PM »

Loading a file while another area is being loaded makes that file be loaded in the area you loaded. Little use atm. Possible use may be to enter Goddess Statue in BiT without needing to Save.

Resetting while loading an area results in a crash, iirc. But that may be purely bad timing. Theoretically, you may be able to activate BiT by doing that. Not much better than just dying tho.

<Triforce3250> You're my hero mode
red hawk1001
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #212 on: February 09, 2012, 10:25:05 PM »

I have done it in the goddess statue. It would be faster to do it that way both times. To get the sword. Then to activate the slab after getting your bird back. The timeing on it is pretty easy to pull off. If its a door, Click A to open it then fast click load file. If its a loading zone. Load file and as the screen fades enter zone. So if you time the load on you way to goddess statue you can do it without waisting any time at all. Also I have tried countless times to get BIT off a loading zone. I could never manage to pull it off but I could be messing up the timeing.
KingOfHeart
Special Guay

« Reply #213 on: February 10, 2012, 12:35:01 AM »

What i mean is this. When you finish the race and get the Sailcloth, all the internal doors unlock. If you skip all that, the only open doors are the bath, restroom, links room, and the headmaster's room. So that kills the Levias sequence when you need to talk with one of the Instructors. I'm on lvl 5 atm, almost there.
That door you said was locked, is it unlocked in BIT mode?
If so then can't you enter his room in BIT mode and load your file?
Abahbob
Site Editor
Special Guay

I make videos of games that are done very fast.

Email
« Reply #214 on: February 10, 2012, 01:16:08 AM »

It remains locked in any mode. Think of it like this, the door starts locked, and it is unlocked by completing the race.
red hawk1001
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #215 on: February 10, 2012, 06:13:21 AM »

Yes the indoor rooms are locked. But I found out with correct timeing on loading and entering a door. It will take the xyz of the file your loading. But place you in the building. So if we could just find a correct save statue that puts you in his room..
red hawk1001
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #216 on: February 10, 2012, 04:48:06 PM »

Something funny but useless and most likely already known. If you have your sword out and click a file that has no sword while in BIT. It will cause your sword to become invisible. You can charge it up. But you cannot swing it at all. Also a few ideas. There are plenty of cutscenes while in BIT. So attempt to load one right as the cutscene begins. In theory it might work. It did with Skykeep. Well I think it did. It skipped the cutscene and I believe loaded the area the cutscene actually took place in, thus deleting the goddess statue. I could be wrong on why it happens but I cant think of a better explanation. Also anyone have an idea how long it takes for the cutscene to start up ending BIT? What if you load an area as that cutscene starts?

Also a few things I've noticed. If your a bit early on loading the area while loading a file. It will take your xyz of your save and place you in the area you load. But if you load the are at the very last second after loading a file it takes you to that area but without the xyz. Its all based on timeing. Which makes me wonder other things. I think we need to try every possible angle on this. If we can find another way to load the are we are in but take the xyz of the map we loaded. Maybe im thinking about this wrong. Statues do not load an area, but they do update your xyz. So what are some ways of updateing your xyz without loading a new area? Maybe timeing a load right as you fall off the edge and spawn? Just ideas. Oh and I noticed if you press B right after strikeing the thing on goddess temple but right before the statue comes up. It will cause it not to come up at all. And Pressing B at the last second as your falling stops the cutscene of the invisible guy saveing you but locks you up. But what Im getting at is pressing B at the right time can stop certain effects from happening. I wonder what would happen if you press B right as a cutscene ends that would lock you up. Just theories.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 05:26:48 PM by red hawk1001 » Logged
KingOfHeart
Special Guay

« Reply #217 on: February 10, 2012, 09:27:24 PM »

In BIT you save and load a bird statue at the same time.
What if you did it at different times. First save, then a split second later load your file.
Or load your file and a split second later save your game.

I haven't had any luck yet for the door part, but that was before I read that your instructions so I'll try it again.
TestRunner
Regular Guay

Skyward Sword Editor

« Reply #218 on: February 10, 2012, 10:03:08 PM »

KingofHeart: That won't work, because load and save commands are queued. It doesn't matter how fast you load after saving. The game will save, then load as soon as it's done saving. Resetting the Wii is queued with saving too. So saving and reseting will reset the Wii as soon as it's done saving. This is ofc already used in runs. In case you are not a aware; saving in BiT is saves the selected file normally on BiT Skyloft. Which is used to get into Goddess Statue early, skip the sail cloth, and warp from anywhere to Skyloft.

The craziness exists when doing a save and load simultaneously, because the game doesn't know which to do first. Or doing two load commands, since they are not queued with each other. Or saving and deleting (they are both "write" commands), also not queued.

I tried to do door warp thing, but with little luck. I loaded the area and was still in BiT, as if i never loaded the file. My timing is obv very wrong. >_>

Yea, I've known about the pressing B to softlock. I doubt there's anything useful there, but you've already found some interesting stuff in BiT, so won't stop your research!

<Triforce3250> You're my hero mode
KingOfHeart
Special Guay

« Reply #219 on: February 10, 2012, 10:44:16 PM »

I got the door thing working and I think I understand what you were saying on how it works.
You tried all 4 saving statues, right?
red hawk1001
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #220 on: February 11, 2012, 12:19:26 AM »

Timing is everything for the door version you want to load after clicking A to open door. And if you cant get it to work, try moving the file your loading to a different save,then attempt again. I've had it happen one time where I could never get the door load to work so I moved to a different statue and it started working for some reason(I am not sure why it works like this. As for entering loading zones, its much easier to get the timing down. And you can load a file then save, you just have to be fast to pull it off, it skips the saving part altogether and makes it so you cannot use your menu. Saving at a statue while in this state fixes that though. Also just for tests, I moved my nulled file into the cutscene where link puts on his tunic after waking up. No dice there, he instantly died after the cutscene played. I also attempted to move it to the point where your leaving goddess statue hoping to trigger the zelda cutscene, Cutscene did not play, and he just died instantly. And remember there is few different timings when loading an area. The results I've seen so far are loading the area but your still in BIT(you are way to early on entering the loading zone after loading), Loading the area but your on your file(your timed it perfectly), and loading the area but taking the xyz of your save(you are somewhat early on hitting the loading zone). Now keep in mind in this method of warping you are not limited to the 4 statues on skyloft, but until we can take BIT into other areas, it is really limited. Most likely possible use is if we find a save that would warp u into the mayors room, but keep in mind he is on the 2nd floor so a save would have to be pretty high up. Oh and if you pay atention to the Press A button while in BIT it pops up 26-28 times before playing the intro cutscene, with that in mind I was trying to load a different area as it starts up, I pulled it off one time but it ended in a freeze(but this was entering an area that would have frozen anyways.) I will keep messing with this.
lol. Figured out how to Mute your game, Press A to watch the instuction movie then enter a cutscene, everything is muted, even when you load another file. Also the home menu is deleted. Saveing at a statue does not give it back either lmfao..
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 01:05:08 AM by red hawk1001 » Logged
KingOfHeart
Special Guay

« Reply #221 on: February 11, 2012, 01:24:51 AM »

Going to test shortly but do different doors in Skyloft school give different results?
I plan on picking a statue that can get me the closest in the school, then will load my file for every door possible in the game.
red hawk1001
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #222 on: February 11, 2012, 01:37:37 AM »

All a door does is load that area. Your save is what choses the xyz location. Also cutscenes do have different areas. I loaded the file as the cutscene after you withdraw goddess sword. It loaded me in A "silent" version of the goddess statue. It took my xyz so i ended up out of map, but if it where the real goddess statue, there would be sounds playing. I will try to attempt to get into the godess statue fake. And seeing as that worked..I am almost certain other cutscenes will so my idea is, place the stone, activating the Faron area, and loading a file at the same time, In theory you would load a file that takes place on the map of the cutscene. Ill attempt these and post the results shortly.
KingOfHeart
Special Guay

« Reply #223 on: February 11, 2012, 01:46:33 AM »

I think I figured something out, maybe everyone knows this. Besides saving at different statues, you can position yourself at different locations next to the statue.
So I wonder if there are any statues where you fall when you save right against the statue verses a few pixels away from the statue.
Also, if there is any way to activate the statue and get a good amount of distance away, it might load more possibilities.

edit: Can you even get into the school during BIT? Twice I tried and it froze with a black screen. I can load a file before it freezes but I just want to get in normally.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 01:49:04 AM by KingOfHeart » Logged
red hawk1001
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #224 on: February 11, 2012, 01:49:43 AM »

If it where possible to open the statue from far away it would greatly increase our WW locations. But there is not a way as far as I know. What we need is another method of updateing our xyz but on the map of our file. Which does not seem likely from all the testing that has been done. But then again you never know..
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 28
  Print  

Jump to: