ZSR Forums
May 04, 2024, 07:00:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 75
  Print  
Author Topic: WW Tricks and Glitches Discussion  (Read 1224500 times)
Smith
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #945 on: April 17, 2013, 12:09:31 PM »

Fastest way to do password skip?

Storage on the pirate ship or storage on the rock?
Yashichidsf
Regular Guay

the man himself

« Reply #946 on: April 17, 2013, 02:37:01 PM »

Depends on the situation. If you get storage on Northern Triangle to skip the Windfall cutscene it is faster to get storage on the ship. Otherwise I think they're about the same. The difference is probably less than 10 seconds, but I think the ship might be faster.

I can display millions of polygons!
Smith
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #947 on: April 18, 2013, 01:21:45 PM »

Depends on the situation. If you get storage on Northern Triangle to skip the Windfall cutscene it is faster to get storage on the ship. Otherwise I think they're about the same. The difference is probably less than 10 seconds, but I think the ship might be faster.

Double or a single storage on N. Triangle? I just want to clarify. What I do is I S+Q when I get there so King of Red Lions are closer to the rock and I use his text to skip the password. I've yet to compare but I think the S+Q might be the slowest.

Also:

^ Music playing, but no inputs work and nothing moves. I'll upload a video soon

I was practicing double storage from DRC to FH and, for whatever reason this file doesn't load the cut scene of FH, I'm not sure why, I might've gone there and then reset? but anyways, I was swimming to try and grab the first ledge where the mailbox is, and as soon as I had drowned, the game froze but the music kept playing. Just a bit curious as to what haoppened.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 01:23:21 PM by Smith » Logged
Yashichidsf
Regular Guay

the man himself

« Reply #948 on: April 18, 2013, 02:59:41 PM »

Double or a single storage on N. Triangle? I just want to clarify. What I do is I S+Q when I get there so King of Red Lions are closer to the rock and I use his text to skip the password. I've yet to compare but I think the S+Q might be the slowest.
Single storage. You get it on Northern Triangle and then sail your way to Windfall (no superswim). S&Q is definitely the slowest.

Smith
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #949 on: April 22, 2013, 08:30:46 AM »

Single storage. You get it on Northern Triangle and then sail your way to Windfall (no superswim). S&Q is definitely the slowest.

okay thank you.
Smith
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #950 on: April 30, 2013, 05:14:08 PM »

Can someone give me a tunerless any% video? I'm trying to learn both tuner and non tuner
Yashichidsf
Regular Guay

the man himself

« Reply #951 on: April 30, 2013, 05:47:06 PM »

Can someone give me a tunerless any% video? I'm trying to learn both tuner and non tuner
Japanese and English
The leaderboards usually have links to videos.

Smith
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #952 on: May 01, 2013, 01:42:36 AM »

Japanese and English
The leaderboards usually have links to videos.

I feel so foolish not realizing the answer to my question was in front of my face, thank you.
voilan
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #953 on: May 04, 2013, 01:56:27 AM »

I'm guessing both of these things are boring/useless/already known, but I was messing around with the door cancel glitch on Outset before getting the 3rd pearl, and realized that you could:

1. Get into Jabu's cavern without blowing up the wall by swimming through the island and into the loading zone. However, no cutscene plays, and you need to leave the cavern (KoRL appears outside), break the wall, and enter again to get the pearl.

2. Access the Savage Labyrinth early. You basically just leaf through the island from near the entrance to the forest, and fall onto the platform where the entrance is, from there you can pass through the head stone and enter. I'm not even sure if it's possible to beat it, I only entered it to see if it worked at all.

I assume that any relevant places where the door cancel glitch could be used in a speedrun are being used already, but anyways I'm just throwing this out there.
Yashichidsf
Regular Guay

the man himself

« Reply #954 on: May 06, 2013, 02:11:47 PM »

I'm guessing both of these things are boring/useless/already known, but I was messing around with the door cancel glitch on Outset before getting the 3rd pearl, and realized that you could:

1. Get into Jabu's cavern without blowing up the wall by swimming through the island and into the loading zone. However, no cutscene plays, and you need to leave the cavern (KoRL appears outside), break the wall, and enter again to get the pearl.

2. Access the Savage Labyrinth early. You basically just leaf through the island from near the entrance to the forest, and fall onto the platform where the entrance is, from there you can pass through the head stone and enter. I'm not even sure if it's possible to beat it, I only entered it to see if it worked at all.

I assume that any relevant places where the door cancel glitch could be used in a speedrun are being used already, but anyways I'm just throwing this out there.
In this thread I detailed how to obtain the Triforce early, and your method of Savage early is one of the things I did. I also went inside Stonewatcher in a similar fashion. The only thing preventing us from skipping the Power Bracelets is Jalhalla, unfortunately. Can't pick him up without them.

voilan
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #955 on: May 08, 2013, 12:39:23 AM »

In this thread I detailed how to obtain the Triforce early, and your method of Savage early is one of the things I did. I also went inside Stonewatcher in a similar fashion. The only thing preventing us from skipping the Power Bracelets is Jalhalla, unfortunately. Can't pick him up without them.
Yeah I thought that someone would have figured that out already. I felt that just in case I should point out what I had found.
cromalol
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #956 on: May 23, 2013, 01:10:59 PM »

For english PAL, dont know if it works for english ntsc or jap.
In forbidden woods. Instead of normally grabbing the thing with the hook position yourself a little under/in the ledge (i found that link's head being under the edge of the small ledge helps) so that the thing you aim at with the hook hides behind the ledge (you wont see the green bit of the hookthing but the littel dragon decoration or whatever it is, can stick out and be your guideline) you practically grab that through the wall. It should save about 1,3-1,5 seconds, althoug i couldnt time it properly.
this video shows the hookgrab i mean at about 1:25 (it's the first one you do). instead of standing there, go a bit further into the ledge and then aim through the wall. it skips the little animation of link throwing the hook instead it cuts directly to the minicutscene where the hook gets hold of the woodenbar.

excuse my poor english.
cromalol
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #957 on: May 25, 2013, 10:18:23 PM »

This is already known and works on all versions.

people don't seem to use that tough. Every video/livestream I watch didn't use it. It involves only little to none setup time and is not difficult at all. Is there a reason why people dont use it?
NowaVar
Deku Scrub

« Reply #958 on: May 31, 2013, 07:19:00 PM »

What happens if Link tries to zombie hover to Ganon's tower with the knockback barrier cancelled?

I think ZSR says that it's not possible.  "In order to Zombie Hover, you need to take damage so you can have 0 hearts. This re-enables the knockback. To cancel it again, you need to stop blinking first, but you die before you are able to."  But there is footage of Link starting a zombie hover there.  ( 3:22 to 3:38 -- http://youtu.be/fQ4rUWiJ0Rw?t=3m22s )  It's not the initial damage of the bomb that re-enables the knockback, but the angle of the hover pushing Link back to the edge of the knockback region.  I imagine there's been extensive testing with the barrier.  Can someone refer me to footage where Link tries the hover at a different angle?
Razor7581
Site Editor
Special Guay

WWW Email
« Reply #959 on: May 31, 2013, 08:25:01 PM »

What happens if Link tries to zombie hover to Ganon's tower with the knockback barrier cancelled?

I think ZSR says that it's not possible.  "In order to Zombie Hover, you need to take damage so you can have 0 hearts. This re-enables the knockback. To cancel it again, you need to stop blinking first, but you die before you are able to."  But there is footage of Link starting a zombie hover there.  ( 3:22 to 3:38 -- http://youtu.be/fQ4rUWiJ0Rw?t=3m22s )  It's not the initial damage of the bomb that re-enables the knockback, but the angle of the hover pushing Link back to the edge of the knockback region.  I imagine there's been extensive testing with the barrier.  Can someone refer me to footage where Link tries the hover at a different angle?
Ah, but it is the damage from the bomb that, as you put it "re-enables the knockback." The reason why the repulsive barrier does not knock you down immediately after getting hit by the bomb is because after you get up from having been hit by the bomb you are temporarily invincible (for the few seconds you're flashing red--this is the same reason why you can get behind the repulsive barrier in the first place; if you walk into the barrier and get knocked back you can walk inside of the repulsive barrier for a few seconds without getting knocked back).
It simply happens to be a coincidence that it appears to be nearing the edge of the repulsive barrier that causes the knock-back. It's the damage he took from the bomb that kicks him out. You can try this yourself. If you walk into the repulsive barrier after having been knocked back and pull out the wind waker as soon as you stop flashing the knock-back effect will be "temporarily" canceled (as long as you don't take damage). If you then move towards the edge of the barrier, you can be half way inside it and half way outside it simultaneously without getting knocked out. It's as soon as you get fully outside of it that it knocks you back.
If this is confusing, take my word for it, with the techniques we have know you cannot zombie hover inside of the repulsive barrier, as you can't take damage inside of it without getting pushed out of it. Trust me, we've tried it many, many times.   

Rescue Tetra before FF1: is new to me. Did you just find this out?
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 75
  Print  

Jump to: