ZSR Forums
April 28, 2024, 03:54:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: OoT3D: Full Game Speedrun  (Read 11560 times)
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2011, 09:40:42 AM »

For the courtyard, that was not even routed at all. I am totally aware that it can be done a hell of a lot faster. I just did it extremely safely, because I had no intentions of doing that part twice if you know what I mean.
Fun story: I actually DID fail this part once. That is why I went into super safe mode. Tongue
Normally I do it a lot faster. I have a route burned into my brain for the courtyard, I just didn't want to risk anything in any way when recording, no matter how safe it was.

And I also did bad while traveling aswell. I were supposed to do a bombslide every time (which I honestly is excellent at. I can change direction without any problems at all, as often as I want. I fail maybe every 10th turn, maybe not even that, but that is when I do not pay enough attention).
I can't remember, but I didn't even backwalk, did I? I think I just rolled like an idiot.

Anyway, you should not compare anything with my playthrough, since it wasn't even NG+, and it was not created to be compared with. It was created to show people the basics of the route.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 09:53:32 AM by CloudMax » Logged

TomNook120
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2011, 12:55:55 PM »

I've nothing else to compare to
And it was to prove the point that from leaving forest to talon, there's nothing to improve you still wait for the egg to hatch

my courtyard route is this:
Press and face against the wall on the bottom of the screen
Sidehop to Zelda

Try it, it works! Guards won't see you for whatever reason

Meant no harm in comparison, just showing what you can do to a standard run
Sorry man Wink
TomNook120
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2011, 12:00:34 AM »

1 Cycle Dorf made easier:

-Hold out your shield while he fires balls at you, until ready
-Look at the floor pattern; The light from his ball attack indicates where he is on the platform!
-Utilizing above techniques, make sure you only begin ball-swordplay when his ball light is just on the edge of the brown square pattern on Dorf's platform
-2 options here;
1) Fire your 1 arrow from afar and jump on the platform. This allows a small window for you to get ready to JS
2) (quickly) jump onto his platform and do a quick "L" view shot at him with the arrow. Allows for more time to set up JS
-Make sure the spot you JS from is a little less than 2/3 the platform size
-Jump Slash 4 times, then turn and keep your circle pad aimed toward Dorf
-Hit him vertically once, then let go of your circle stick and deliver the final slash

This is about as easy as I can make it, let me know if it helped
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: