ZSR Forums
March 29, 2024, 02:52:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9
  Print  
Author Topic: Any% Seg'd Test Run - FINISHED: 6:23:20  (Read 283053 times)
Paraxade
Special Guay

paraxade@hotmail.com
Email
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2011, 04:03:39 AM »

^ Actually there's rupee text for every kind of rupee, including green ones, the first time you pick them up. They just don't reset every time you restart the game like in TP. I've had a few attempts ruined by picking up a green rupee by accident.
EverAlert
Regular Guay

« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2011, 05:09:17 AM »

Ah my bad, the logic behind some of the design choices in this game confuse me to no end. x_x
I take it it does reset when you make a hero file though?
Paraxade
Special Guay

paraxade@hotmail.com
Email
« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2011, 07:08:41 AM »

Yep.

Segment 6
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2011, 08:56:18 AM »

In the second visit of skyview, isn't the wood wall shortcut in the beginning the only possible path you can take? Isn't the other door locked down entirely?
I am pretty sure that they despawn. If they don't, then just blow them up with bombs, that should be faster than removing them during the first visit.

aleckermit
Mega Guay

back in green

WWW Email
« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2011, 03:47:54 PM »

Seg 6 was great. You can actually cut that hanging spider's thread with a skyward strike right before the two eyes balls and key, although it's really picky.

http://youtube.com/aleckermit

<@Swordless> Have you had this problem before? A game not starting until you cleaned it?
Abahbob
Site Editor
Special Guay

I make videos of games that are done very fast.

Email
« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2011, 11:54:25 PM »

Are the silver rupees underwater in ancient cistern worth getting? Those shouldn't take very long, but they are kind of late for the beetle upgrade.
Paraxade
Special Guay

paraxade@hotmail.com
Email
« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2011, 04:52:48 AM »

Yeah, that's too late. I need the rupees by the time I get scrapper fixed.

I'm pretty sure I can grab at least 40 rupees from hydras in LMF without really losing any time. Would prefer to get another 10 somewhere else so I don't need to waste time with a third, but really I think I'm good on rupees.
Tamis
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #37 on: December 14, 2011, 09:29:55 AM »

In LMF too there are rupees behind the statues you make fall with bombs (the basketball thingies), and there are some you have to make fall (at least one). I think there's 5 rupees here  Grin
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #38 on: December 14, 2011, 09:41:37 AM »

In LMF too there are rupees behind the statues you make fall with bombs (the basketball thingies), and there are some you have to make fall (at least one). I think there's 5 rupees here  Grin

Getting those rupees inside of the dungeon doesn't seem to be that fast. (I can't remember statues that have 5 rupees behind them in the dungeon. at least none that you have to destroy. maybe there is one that I can't remember)
I'd recommend getting rupees behind the statues at the desert. I'm pretty sure that there should be one or two statues.. can't remember for sure.
There may also spawn some rupees from boulders that you blow up at different places in the desert.

And in the future, I think the fastest method of getting rupees will be the crawlspace in the beginning. But he obviously doesn't want to redo the entire run.

There is also rupees right outside the bazaar itself in the jars. I think the drop in those are random though.. They drop like 5-10 rupees or something. takes a few seconds to take.

There is probably A LOT of 5 rupee spawns pretty much everywhere that we just don't remember from the top of our heads.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 09:48:56 AM by CloudMax » Logged

Abahbob
Site Editor
Special Guay

I make videos of games that are done very fast.

Email
« Reply #39 on: December 15, 2011, 03:13:53 AM »

Rolling into bushes in the desert can drop 5-20 rupees. Iirc they are location based 100% of the time in some places. Saves time from slashing sword at grass, but I'm not sure if there are any in the direct path...
Mitjitsu
Regular Guay

Yum

« Reply #40 on: December 16, 2011, 04:51:04 PM »

Remember not to hit Ghirahim for more than 3 consequtive hits when you're fighting Ghirahim's first phase, otherwise he'll jump back costing time.

Things that aren't hovering go in the other topic.
Paraxade
Special Guay

paraxade@hotmail.com
Email
« Reply #41 on: December 17, 2011, 07:22:42 AM »

Segment 7
Segment 8
Segment 9
« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 11:01:21 AM by Paraxade » Logged
Tamis
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #42 on: December 17, 2011, 12:27:14 PM »

Good job so far, that was some good ghirahim Cheesy

But no heart container ? Imprisoned 2 segments are gonna be so fun for you to do :p
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #43 on: December 17, 2011, 01:40:44 PM »

Segment 7:
Isn't killing spider first in the room with 3 eyes faster?
You start climbing up the vine during the cutscene of the door opening.
It probably makes almost no difference at all, but it may be faster? I'm not really sure.

And when you push down the box, you can just jump slightly to the sides so that you won't land on the box.

Activating the switch to raise the water before entering the room should be slightly faster, and it would make the segment less of a pain, since you could just restart if you did bad on that trick.

In the room with the boss key, when you shoot on the switch to open the gate, you can also shoot down 1 vine in the room while you're at it. (or when you're on the log at the top, so that you're at least moving while shooting them)

After the boss key, use the ropes to get back to the boss door.

Also, was it really faster to use the skyward strike on the spider, instead of just using the beetle? I am aware that it is possible to do it faster the way you did it, but most of the times you end up loosing time while doing it.

Segment 8:
Autosave instead of using bird statue. I know, it makes the next segment a pain since you have to talk with the kikwi every attempt, but this is faster.

Take the heart container. If you don't, you have to re-watch the cutscene during your second visit.

Most of these things are very minor, but it is something that people could do when they're making an actual run.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 01:43:45 PM by CloudMax » Logged

Paraxade
Special Guay

paraxade@hotmail.com
Email
« Reply #44 on: December 17, 2011, 01:48:15 PM »

Isn't killing spider first in the room with 3 eyes faster?
You start climbing up the vine during the cutscene of the door opening.
It probably makes almost no difference at all, but it may be faster? I'm not really sure.

I killed the spider then because I was already right next to it since I was pushing the box.

Activating the switch to raise the water before entering the room should be slightly faster, and it would make the segment less of a pain, since you could just restart if you did bad on that trick.

Nope, it'd actually be better to make the shot when I did and then sidehop into the water before the cutscene so you don't have to wait while Link surfaces. I didn't do it because it meant missing the switch at all killed the segment.

Autosave instead of using bird statue. I know, it makes the next segment a pain since you have to talk with the kikwi every attempt, but this is faster.

barely. not worth it.

Take the heart container. If you don't, you have to re-watch the cutscene during your second visit.

I was aware of that. I didn't take the heart container because it would make deathwarping slower. Even just one extra heart means it'll take 4 hits instead of 3 to die.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9
  Print  

Jump to: