ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 09:39:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9
  Print  
Author Topic: Any% Seg'd Test Run - FINISHED: 6:23:20  (Read 282990 times)
Paraxade
Special Guay

paraxade@hotmail.com
Email
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2011, 07:32:38 PM »

Wow, didn't expect to see so many new posts here.

Updated Segment 1

I'm not getting the rupees in the cave because I really don't want to redo segment 1 again. If it turns out they're the fastest then it's just gonna have to be something for a real run to do. The hydras sound promising though. Aren't there some rupees in a few required crawlspaces?
AniMeowzerz
Special Guay

Meow, and... stuff.

AniMeowzerz@hotmail.com AniMeowzerz
Email
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2011, 09:24:18 PM »

Only thing the Lizalfos always drop is the tail iirc. Could be wrong though.
They drop tail 100% of the time but they can drop something else with it as well.

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
EverAlert
Regular Guay

« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2011, 12:30:56 AM »

Yeah that is what I was trying to say. Just that the something else isn't always the same thing.

Parax just get the hydra ones, they should be at least on par with the cave rupees speedwise.
Paraxade
Special Guay

paraxade@hotmail.com
Email
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2011, 03:13:52 AM »

Segment 2
Segment 3
Segment 4
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 10:38:41 AM by Paraxade » Logged
Paraxade
Special Guay

paraxade@hotmail.com
Email
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2011, 11:52:20 PM »

Question: If you don't break the wooden gates in the first room of Skyview, will they be gone anyway on the second visit? I need to know so I know whether to waste time breaking them in the next segment.
EverAlert
Regular Guay

« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2011, 12:51:32 AM »

I vaguely remember someone complaining they had to do the full skyview temple 2nd time because they forgot to open the shortcut, so I assume not.
Paraxade
Special Guay

paraxade@hotmail.com
Email
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2011, 01:23:43 AM »

that sounds more like the iron gate near the end. the first couple rooms really aren't a big deal at all. also, the wooden gates are gone if you go in without opening the door so that implies it changes in the second visit.

Segment 5

edit: looked at TOO's run, looks like I don't have to waste time with the gates
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 02:35:19 AM by Paraxade » Logged
Tamis
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2011, 06:53:35 AM »

Nice job so far ! Go go sub 8, if not sub 7 Cheesy
Paraxade
Special Guay

paraxade@hotmail.com
Email
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2011, 10:54:56 AM »

The Hydra in skyview doesn't drop a red rupee.
Tamis
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2011, 12:10:59 PM »

Wut. How many times did you try it ? I remember getting red rupees all the time from hydras through the game, I thought this one would give one too.
Well anyways there's 4 in LMF I think (2 in the cross-shaped room, I think second room, and two in the room with the first "fan-on-the-head" monster)
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2011, 12:49:52 PM »

Wut. How many times did you try it ? I remember getting red rupees all the time from hydras through the game, I thought this one would give one too.
Well anyways there's 4 in LMF I think (2 in the cross-shaped room, I think second room, and two in the room with the first "fan-on-the-head" monster)

Is it fastest to kill two hydras that you don't even have to kill, than entering the crawlspot?
It can't take THAT long to enter the crawlspace
Running up to two hydras, killing them, and waiting for the rupee should take longer than that? Also, when you take the rupees in the crawlspot you don't have to watch the small cutscene with link holding the rupees over the head, right? If you do it on the hydras you'd have to watch that once.

I really think that the crawlspace is faster since it is two red rupees.

Tamis
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2011, 06:49:15 PM »

That's right.

I also thought of a silver rupee in dungeon 2 that you can get with the beetle (it's in some small hole in the tunnel you have to cross with the stone ball)
Paraxade
Special Guay

paraxade@hotmail.com
Email
« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2011, 09:44:04 PM »

Yeah the crawlspace is probably better, but that's in segment 1 which I already did so I need a different spot.
Tamis
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2011, 09:50:49 PM »

Well I guess the two hydras in LMF are not too bad, they're rather fast to kill with a good technique. There's also the silver rupee in second dungeon but I don't know how much time it takes to get it...
EverAlert
Regular Guay

« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2011, 02:26:39 AM »

You don't have to see rupee text from hydras, the only rupee text in this game is from chests/prizes. I'm not saying 2 hydras are faster than the crawlspace though, just clarifying a point.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9
  Print  

Jump to: