ZSR Forums
April 29, 2024, 11:14:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 46
  Print  
Author Topic: SS: Trick Research & Discovery  (Read 454583 times)
indykenobi
Deku Scrub

« Reply #585 on: December 11, 2012, 09:16:42 AM »

This seems like it could possibly bring up something interesting, I can't think of anything off the top of my head, but maybe some more experienced glitchers would have some ideas.

I messed around with this a bunch tonight, and discovered at least the mechanics of it.  You have to interrupt the cutscene on the frame it triggers by entering a menu of some sort; I'd first done it with a bird statue menu, but it's easier and more flexible to do by calling Fi; you can sort of buffer the frame that way (I was triggering a cutscene with a bomb).

What this does is prevent the cutscene from playing until you look back at the area the cutscene was supposed to trigger in, or you get too close to that area.  It seems similar to how the shell enemies in the desert won't do anything unless they're on screen or close to it; the cutscene won't play until it's on-screen.  Out of sight, out of mind, as it were.

As an example, I interrupted the cutscene that plays when you bomb the rocks around the timeshift stone at the entrance to Lanayru Desert, then without looking at that area, ran all the way to the entrance to the Temple of Time area, looked back, and the cutscene triggered from the other side of the desert.

Some other points of data:
- Sinking into sinksand does not cancel the cutscene; it will still play if you look at the right area.
- Triggering a different cutscene will have that cutscene play as normal, but not cancel the stored cutscene.
- Zoning out of the area does cancel the cutscene; if you go back to that area and look at it, it won't play.
- Flying to the sky cancels the cutscene as well.
- You can store multiple (well, at least two) cutscenes at once in this way; they will play if you look at them individually.  If you look at them simultaneously, they will trigger sequentially.

I haven't begun to think about possible applications of this really, and I'm not even sure you could store different kinds of cutscenes in this way; for instance, cutscenes that trigger when you enter an area might be difficult to interrupt this way and continue to prevent them from triggering.  My instinct says this probably won't end up helping, but it seems interesting nonetheless.

Also, I'm pretty sure this was already known, but if you talk to Fi on the frame an attack would hit you, you can cancel that damage.

If anyone has any ideas for this, I'd love to hear about them, particularly places this might be useful for a speedrun.
Weegeechan
Regular Guay

« Reply #586 on: December 11, 2012, 06:43:49 PM »

Ah, so it follows the same method with this,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=holJWPvXJWo

I think if you get far away enough and look away from things in this game, they will act is if they aren't even there! It's really awesome to see this works for cutscenes. But again, it seems very situational. There aren't many cutscenes that can be triggered from afar like this one. Most cutscenes just happen from entering an area. But you never know, there might be some areas that this could be used in
kenshen
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #587 on: December 11, 2012, 10:31:46 PM »

Can you store cut scenes while in BIT? Because i remember reports of people rolling into money trees while in bit and having random cut scenes load.
Kazooie
Special Guay

Oot 3DS!!!!

Kazooiebombchu
« Reply #588 on: December 12, 2012, 10:33:39 PM »

When I saw that video where somebody clipped through in sparring hall I could not belive my eyes! So there is possibility to clip through things in this game after all. This might lead to something in future!

About that camera clip when you look up. I've also messed up with it sometimes and so far haven't got anything done with it. If you use first person view and look directly up where there is straight wall. Camera sometimes get little bit deeper in the wall and look straight up. This is when link will get quite boost from the wall and it looks potential. But so far I haven't got anything interesting with it yet. Maybe someone get something done.

My stream and youtube channel. Be sure to check them out and leave comments. Have fun!!!
http://www.twitch.tv/kazooiebombchu
http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=Kazooie
Currently working on: DKC3 105% segmented speedrun and racing games
TLoZSR
Regular Guay

Working on Skyward Sword: segmented and rta

Email
« Reply #589 on: December 12, 2012, 11:21:06 PM »

When I saw that video where somebody clipped through in sparring hall I could not belive my eyes! So there is possibility to clip through things in this game after all. This might lead to something in future!

About that camera clip when you look up. I've also messed up with it sometimes and so far haven't got anything done with it. If you use first person view and look directly up where there is straight wall. Camera sometimes get little bit deeper in the wall and look straight up. This is when link will get quite boost from the wall and it looks potential. But so far I haven't got anything interesting with it yet. Maybe someone get something done.

I'm not sure that it's the camera at all, I was able to get out without going into first person, maybe weegee just hit the right spot while in 1st person, or maybe the camera did help. Dunno
Yashichidsf
Regular Guay

the man himself

« Reply #590 on: December 13, 2012, 05:58:35 PM »

If it's based on the camera wouldn't that mean Link's actor is tied to the camera in a special way? Like, he is always a set distance away from it (which I think is true) and the two share some sort of symbiotic relationship in which the positioning of one directly affects the other? I would think the camera gets pushed around when on a wall to prevent it from moving inside, and it raises some interesting ideas. Of course, this is just conjecture as I haven't played much of this game, but it wouldn't be the first time the Zelda series uses a fixed camera distance in a similar manner.

Probably just wishful thinking, though; it kinda doesn't make sense for the camera to affect Link in any way.

I can display millions of polygons!
Weegeechan
Regular Guay

« Reply #591 on: December 15, 2012, 12:36:43 AM »

I'm not sure that it's the camera at all, I was able to get out without going into first person, maybe weegee just hit the right spot while in 1st person, or maybe the camera did help. Dunno

I was just standing in the box and wasn't moving. I looked down and Link fell, so the camera did effect his hitbox or whatever you wanna call it. Hornlitz said he was able to do it too.
Kazooie
Special Guay

Oot 3DS!!!!

Kazooiebombchu
« Reply #592 on: December 15, 2012, 12:23:25 PM »

Did you fall through same spot as TLoZSR  did in his video? I'm pretty curios about this. I've spent quite some time with this clip and I'm almost 100% camera doesn't have anything to do with it. You can use that same spot what TLoZSR used but looking another direction. So it must be something else.

So what I'm thinking about this you will clip when game push link when you are halfway inside of collision. This might have something to do with it. Another thing is I was not able to do same spot clip without jumping from top of the barrel and after jump link will get little push when you land. If you are moving at correct time of the slide link will clip. Maybe that jump have something do with it too, maybe.

Weegeechan when you clipping with camera. Did you jump down from somewhere or how you exacly did it?

My stream and youtube channel. Be sure to check them out and leave comments. Have fun!!!
Hornlitz
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #593 on: December 15, 2012, 04:08:59 PM »

I was approximately in the same spot that tLoZSR was, and I didn't clip until I went into 1st person mode. However, I didn't have to look down like Weegeechan said he did. I just pressed c and then I fell through.
Kazooie
Special Guay

Oot 3DS!!!!

Kazooiebombchu
« Reply #594 on: December 16, 2012, 08:38:25 PM »

I've messed around with this alot on dolphin and with savestates. So far this seems to work if you turn around or while holding Z move back and forth little bit. This seems to make link go out of bounds or get inside of barrell in sparring hall. So when you jump down from top of the barrell to corner or whatever you wanna call it. If you don't move and when link start to slide slowly. This is where you make quick turn, do not make link run or anything. Then Link will either clip inside of barrell or through floor. I tried to walk and wiggle inside the same corner without jumping down from top of the barrell and Link would not either clip inside of barrel or through floor. So this lead to me thinking that jump maybe have something to do with it, maybe. I even used very same camera angle and still it didn't work.

When you jump down and make quick turns while sliding or between tight collision seam. Link's collision points seems to change little bit. You can see it if you try it out yourself. Link will move little bit side to side between tight collision walls if you make wiggle control stick side to side. Can be easily tried while holding Z. This lead to me thinking could we replicate this situtation somewhere else. I tried it ALOT but there didn't make any progress. There might be something what we are overlooking or something else why it works in sparring hall and not somewhere else.

I would like to people try this out so we can see can we get this work somethere else!

Weegeechan
Regular Guay

« Reply #595 on: December 16, 2012, 10:36:07 PM »

Sorry, to answer your question Kazooie,

I highflipped, like I said, in between the barrel and the arrows. I did not jump and clip through like tLOZSR did. I just started running into the barrel, trying to clip through at first. I stopped running into it and stayed facing the barrel, all while not moving. I looked into the barrel with the camera and held down to make Link look down. As soon as I looked down, Link suddenly fell through the ground.

I hope that was more detailed Tongue
Weegeechan
Regular Guay

« Reply #596 on: December 16, 2012, 10:54:54 PM »

Btw, I have been working on a new technique that involves jumping off of a cliff and having Link respawn in a wall.

I was messing around in Eldin and was having Link get as close to the corner of this one ledge and a wall and having him try to jump off as far off the ledge as possible and along the wall as close as he could. Whenever he would respawn on the ledge, he would be kind of clipped into the wall and then when he would stand back up he would pop out of the wall (due to that darn good collision data Angry! )

I'm sorry, it's kind of hard to explain but maybe someone can try this in different areas?

« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 05:44:16 PM by Weegeechan » Logged
Hornlitz
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #597 on: December 17, 2012, 12:52:04 AM »

and having him try to jump off as far away and as close to the wall as he could.

I don't quite understand this statement. Could you please try to explain it a bit differently?
Yashichidsf
Regular Guay

the man himself

« Reply #598 on: December 17, 2012, 01:27:19 PM »

Could Squidward Sword be the next DK64?Huh

I can display millions of polygons!
Kazooie
Special Guay

Oot 3DS!!!!

Kazooiebombchu
« Reply #599 on: December 18, 2012, 09:21:38 AM »

That is not going to happen in our lifetime Tongue

Was anyone able to make any sense why this clip works and why Link clip through ground?
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 09:24:19 AM by Kazooie » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 46
  Print  

Jump to: