ZSR Forums
May 01, 2024, 07:05:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 46
  Print  
Author Topic: SS: Trick Research & Discovery  (Read 455196 times)
Abahbob
Site Editor
Special Guay

I make videos of games that are done very fast.

Email
« Reply #300 on: December 20, 2011, 04:17:40 AM »

Well it is a disappointment. I'm gonna try using his normal mode file and running through with those codes.
Zm4rf
Deku Scrub

« Reply #301 on: December 20, 2011, 05:33:02 AM »

Guys, holy nuts: I was faffing about trying to get past the first gates in Skyloft (the ones that are up at the very beginning), and I figured out a way to get onto the fence that leads to the fence being repaired.  I can't get very far on the fence, but hey, it's a start.

If you guys haven't seen/heard of this before I talked about it, I'll try to put up a video of me getting onto the fence.  If you guys have then I won't bother.

What I do is that I go the second "floor"--the one on the same level as the second floor of the Knight's Academy--then jump over the fence to land on the little platform that is outside the fence but on the other side of the metal gate.  Imagine that the fence A is the wooden fence directly connected to the repairman's gate.  Follow fence A towards the Knight Academy.  Right before fence A and the metal fence connect, run over the wooden fence (fence A), and you'll land on a small grassy platform.  Face fence A (the repairman's gate will be to your right) and run up it while holding A and right (on the analog stick).  I believe it only works when running from the section of the platform that is furthestmost from the metal fence (ie. the smallest section of the grassy platform).  If you hold right, Link will begin to run towards the repairman's gate ON THE FENCE (instead of sliding off).

I get stuck on the first post of the fence just to the right of where the platform ends because Link stops dashing and then slips off.

If you have any difficulties understanding my wall of text, I'll try to post up a video.

lol i hope this helps

edit: i made a video and it's on its way to YouTube.

It turns out that I didn't notice the metal sticks poking out of the side of the bridge to prevent my strategy to come to fruition.

I hit the metal sticks, but using a different idea:

On the left of the repairman's gate, climb on top of the post that is in the corner and hold right (the direction towards the gate) and A.  What I end up doing is running along the fence and sliding to jump off and hit the metal spikes on the side.

lol and here i was thinking i'd found something huge ):
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 06:40:10 AM by Zm4rf » Logged
Roadagain
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #302 on: December 20, 2011, 10:12:46 AM »

On my Hero Mode file, I've talked to the Fortune Teller several times at night, and never had any issues with Eldin. So unless it's at a very specific timing (Which seems unlikely as it has happened at two different times... :K

Anyhow, I'm quite happy I managed to skip the basement of Ancient Cistern. It just took me way more than doing it normally, because I went to the wrong way first time, and I had difficulties doing it the second time.

I'm mostly wondering how difficult is it to do it with a single time, as most of the times the Bokoblin "pushes" you up, it doesn't move you far enough, and you slide back down. Seemed like pure luck to do it decently.
THENINTENDOLUMINARY
Regular Guay

AKA wiiztec

Email
« Reply #303 on: December 20, 2011, 12:40:27 PM »

The game breaking glitch fix is not supposed to be used unless you encounter the glitch, it's definitely the cause of the early volcano eruption
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #304 on: December 20, 2011, 01:01:21 PM »

The game breaking glitch fix is not supposed to be used unless you encounter the glitch, it's definitely the cause of the early volcano eruption

Yeah.
If he used that fix, then that IS the cause of it, because that "fix" enables the other events for you.

Anyhow, I'm quite happy I managed to skip the basement of Ancient Cistern. It just took me way more than doing it normally, because I went to the wrong way first time, and I had difficulties doing it the second time.

I'm mostly wondering how difficult is it to do it with a single time, as most of the times the Bokoblin "pushes" you up, it doesn't move you far enough, and you slide back down. Seemed like pure luck to do it decently.
You do realise that there is 6 different methods for skipping the basement, right?
Because some methods are extremely easy.
http://zeldaspeedruns.com/ss/dungeon/ancient-cistern
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 01:04:08 PM by CloudMax » Logged

brynnagiadrosich
Regular Guay

This is my own personal text. You cannot have it.

WWW Email
« Reply #305 on: December 20, 2011, 04:38:31 PM »

Guys, holy nuts: I was faffing about trying to get past the first gates in Skyloft (the ones that are up at the very beginning), and I figured out a way to get onto the fence that leads to the fence being repaired.  I can't get very far on the fence, but hey, it's a start.

If you guys haven't seen/heard of this before I talked about it, I'll try to put up a video of me getting onto the fence.  If you guys have then I won't bother.

What I do is that I go the second "floor"--the one on the same level as the second floor of the Knight's Academy--then jump over the fence to land on the little platform that is outside the fence but on the other side of the metal gate.  Imagine that the fence A is the wooden fence directly connected to the repairman's gate.  Follow fence A towards the Knight Academy.  Right before fence A and the metal fence connect, run over the wooden fence (fence A), and you'll land on a small grassy platform.  Face fence A (the repairman's gate will be to your right) and run up it while holding A and right (on the analog stick).  I believe it only works when running from the section of the platform that is furthestmost from the metal fence (ie. the smallest section of the grassy platform).  If you hold right, Link will begin to run towards the repairman's gate ON THE FENCE (instead of sliding off).

I get stuck on the first post of the fence just to the right of where the platform ends because Link stops dashing and then slips off.

If you have any difficulties understanding my wall of text, I'll try to post up a video.

lol i hope this helps

edit: i made a video and it's on its way to YouTube.

It turns out that I didn't notice the metal sticks poking out of the side of the bridge to prevent my strategy to come to fruition.

I hit the metal sticks, but using a different idea:

On the left of the repairman's gate, climb on top of the post that is in the corner and hold right (the direction towards the gate) and A.  What I end up doing is running along the fence and sliding to jump off and hit the metal spikes on the side.

lol and here i was thinking i'd found something huge ):

Lol, I was doing the exact same shenanigans last night. There's about three different ways to get on the fence, but that grassy platform part does seem to be the shortest route to the gate.

I was also trying to jump on the fence from where you save the cat, and I managed to stick for half a second, but then he slides right off. If someone could test that part who has codes, that would be great, just to see if you can actually walk on it for longer than a second.

A bit dissapointing that the eldin glitch seems to be used with codes. I guess there's no point trying to find out if it's possible without codes then.

"To know what is right and choose to ignore it is the act of a coward."

Goal: To speed run Twilight Princess 100%
http://www.youtube.com/user/brynnagiadrosich
Paraxade
Special Guay

paraxade@hotmail.com
Email
« Reply #306 on: December 20, 2011, 05:06:17 PM »

Yeah.
If he used that fix, then that IS the cause of it, because that "fix" enables the other events for you.

not doubting that's the cause, but that sounds weird. why make a code that enables the other events instead of just making a code that unsets the "player is doing the thunder dragon quest" flag?
brynnagiadrosich
Regular Guay

This is my own personal text. You cannot have it.

WWW Email
« Reply #307 on: December 20, 2011, 06:02:53 PM »

What about the other person that had it happen to them? Were they using codes?

"To know what is right and choose to ignore it is the act of a coward."

Goal: To speed run Twilight Princess 100%
http://www.youtube.com/user/brynnagiadrosich
Red X
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #308 on: December 20, 2011, 06:15:16 PM »

I'm surprised the code creator didn't have a disclaimer about that. I find it ironic that trying to prevent a game-breaking glitch is what got me into this mess. Does anyone here know how to edit the code to reverse what it does? I would appreciate it greatly if I didn't have to redo my save file.
Abahbob
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #309 on: December 20, 2011, 08:47:04 PM »

Well that was a bust. But there are still 2 more unexplained cases of it. Perhaps it's another glitch npc similar to the game-breaking goron. Now I guess I need to talk with every npc after every event....
Roadagain
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #310 on: December 22, 2011, 01:37:17 PM »

I was reminded of this very minor timesaver:

Sentrobes (The flying robot things you need to deflect missiles back at)... I think one of them is almost required to fight against in the Mining Facility. (I suppose you could just ignore it, but it might get in the way too much)... Normally they shoot the missiles, and after that, they send the two small bombs at you. If you time a skyward strike just before the bombs are dispatched, it will not send them out, and then using the missiles again.

Probably a few seconds of saved time, and if one can just ignore all of them anyways, useless, but eh.
Abahbob
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #311 on: December 22, 2011, 09:09:39 PM »

I just ignore both of them. You can just keep moving and you don't get hit.
Kazooie
Special Guay

Oot 3DS!!!!

Kazooiebombchu
« Reply #312 on: December 23, 2011, 08:57:48 PM »

Some new glitches from me and akheon to skyward sword. Discovered this when we was glitch hunting for fun.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SorgahIdqek

I'm sure I haven't tested everything with this so be sure and go try it out! Maybe we can do something else with this Smiley

My stream and youtube channel. Be sure to check them out and leave comments. Have fun!!!
http://www.twitch.tv/kazooiebombchu
http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=Kazooie
Currently working on: DKC3 105% segmented speedrun and racing games
Paraxade
Special Guay

paraxade@hotmail.com
Email
« Reply #313 on: December 24, 2011, 09:12:55 PM »

I tried to mess around with kazooie's glitch and this happened... yep
Abahbob
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #314 on: December 25, 2011, 12:57:13 AM »

This game requires too many resets for simple glitches. Falling oob sucks, now there's another. Still a great find. Gonna screw around with this later
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 46
  Print  

Jump to: