ZSR Forums
May 01, 2024, 03:49:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 46
  Print  
Author Topic: SS: Trick Research & Discovery  (Read 455161 times)
Abahbob
Site Editor
Special Guay

I make videos of games that are done very fast.

Email
« Reply #270 on: December 17, 2011, 01:26:37 AM »

Wait, so the game keeps a flag if you have the digging mitts? So then you shouldn't even need to get the Mogma Mitts back to dig (not burrow).
Nook
Special Guay

« Reply #271 on: December 17, 2011, 02:50:41 AM »

Wait, wait, wait. Is he even there before you get to Lake Floria? I can't remember him being there before lake floria?
There's no way he's there before Floria at all

Abahbob
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #272 on: December 17, 2011, 03:39:16 AM »

They do appear after the trial. 100% sure
Roadagain
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #273 on: December 17, 2011, 03:47:08 AM »

I'm still working on getting the desert skip with a shield :/
Still, If you could get it to hit between the part that juts out and the clawshot target first.
Then get it to hit the part that juts out and while it's stunned, hit it once with the sword so it will roll instead of dig.
If you can somehow manage to get the right angle off of the little pillar/island w/e, it may be close enough to get it. Just a theory. Still, a shield would be much more effective and timesaving in the long run for Lanayru.

It would shave a fair part off of a minimal quest though.

The Moblins appear either after the trial, or after climbing up the tree to meet the Kikwi.
Abahbob
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #274 on: December 17, 2011, 03:49:33 AM »

It would shave a fair part off of a minimal quest though.

The Moblins appear either after the trial, or after climbing up the tree to meet the Kikwi.

I can't imagine it would be faster. It would also be much more difficult. Well good luck to ya
Roadagain
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #275 on: December 17, 2011, 03:51:53 AM »

@Bob: Well, compared to going the whole long trip to Temple of Time and from there to the other side, instead of just skipping over the wall, I would say it's a fair skip.
Abahbob
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #276 on: December 17, 2011, 04:09:20 AM »

Oh yes the skip itself. Sorry, I just meant it would be faster with a shield. If you can get it without shield, that would've helped me instead of going back to skyloft to get one :/

EDIT: Found an interesting video on youtube. Much faster way of climbing the tree if you don't wanna use early floria. Obsolete but still cool.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kz2-3wrJm5w

EDIT2: Found another case of the Eldin Volcano eruption early. Apparently this one occurred later, when someone was trying to get the pinwheel for the Fun Fun Island guy. We really need more info on this. http://www.zeldaeurope.de/forum/thread.php?threadid=6535
« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 08:07:43 PM by Abahbob » Logged
Cosalich
Deku Scrub

« Reply #277 on: December 17, 2011, 08:38:44 PM »

Still, If you could get it to hit between the part that juts out and the clawshot target first.
Then get it to hit the part that juts out and while it's stunned, hit it once with the sword so it will roll instead of dig.
If you can somehow manage to get the right angle off of the little pillar/island w/e, it may be close enough to get it. Just a theory. Still, a shield would be much more effective and timesaving in the long run for Lanayru.

I've attempted this for a several hours with no luck. The way the sand ramps up against the side wall pushes the shell back and away from the wall so you're not able to grab the top.
Abahbob
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #278 on: December 17, 2011, 08:41:31 PM »

It took me several hours for 2 days. If it's close, hit it once and it will come rolling at you instead of digging. Just knock it back at a similar angle as in the video and you can get it.
Roadagain
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #279 on: December 17, 2011, 08:53:04 PM »

Abah: Oh, now we find out it can actually happen at different parts? That's... awesome. By the time you can get the PinWheel, you would have the Mitts, which, IIRC, was one of the issues earlier.
Abahbob
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #280 on: December 17, 2011, 08:55:27 PM »

Well that is an issue, but you lose the Mogma Mitts, so you still have no way out.
Roadagain
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #281 on: December 17, 2011, 09:41:43 PM »

Well, Para did say this:

The only way to have any chance in hell of this being useful imo is if we can avoid triggering the sequence until after going to Eldin, getting the digging mitts and opening the Earth Temple... that way there's at least a shot of being able to get through the crater and continue the game afterwards.

If it triggers at Pinwheel retrieval, we have done these.
Abahbob
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #282 on: December 17, 2011, 10:36:52 PM »

I understand, yet the Mogma won't appear, so we would need to clip ourselves out. That way we can get some bats or something to kill us. I've been trying to trigger the glitch, yet no luck. I'm going to try contacting the people who have had it to find their sequence of events.
aleckermit
Mega Guay

back in green

WWW Email
« Reply #283 on: December 18, 2011, 07:01:54 PM »

Mini-tutorial for the Earth Temple switch skip trick:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQ4xeSdhetQ

http://youtube.com/aleckermit

<@Swordless> Have you had this problem before? A game not starting until you cleaned it?
Abahbob
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #284 on: December 18, 2011, 09:49:37 PM »

If we could clip through the gate at the very beginning of the game, we could skip the instructors instructions and going to the Zelda pushing you off the ledge cutcscene. Ideas?
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 46
  Print  

Jump to: