ZSR Forums
May 01, 2024, 08:22:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 46
  Print  
Author Topic: SS: Trick Research & Discovery  (Read 455212 times)
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #240 on: December 14, 2011, 09:40:03 AM »

Also it looks it would be hard to get if there was a way to get it (the boss key skip), so better stick to getting the key and just using it I think :p

Never think like that when it comes to speedrunning.
People do tricks that is a thousand times harder in other zelda games all the time.

And if we do find a way to get it, there will most likely be a set up available shortly after its discovery.
Not to mention that it would be a great addition to segmented runs.

The only way I could see this clip happening would be to climb up like in the video. We need some way to prevent link from getting pushed out, or a way to climb further to the right.

TheOthin
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #241 on: December 14, 2011, 09:43:01 AM »

Sounds like you would have to repeat the skip a second time when you return to the dungeon, which might take up most or all of the time you'd save from the trick during the first visit.
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #242 on: December 14, 2011, 10:07:13 AM »

Sounds like you would have to repeat the skip a second time when you return to the dungeon, which might take up most or all of the time you'd save from the trick during the first visit.

IF the door stays locked.
The dungeon actors acts a bit strange in skyview since you visit it two times.
Maybe it just automatically opens the door when you trigger the second scenario in the dungeon.

If it doesn't, then a boss key skip would be completely useless.

TheOthin
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #243 on: December 14, 2011, 10:48:31 AM »

That's what I was asking about in the video comments, and from what Paraxade said, it sounds like it does.
Paraxade
Special Guay

paraxade@hotmail.com
Email
« Reply #244 on: December 14, 2011, 11:39:05 AM »

I don't know if it does. I assume it wouldn't change because there's really no reason for it to change.
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #245 on: December 14, 2011, 12:01:49 PM »

I don't know if it does. I assume it wouldn't change because there's really no reason for it to change.

That is the logic that we can't use when it comes to skyward sword actors.
There is no reason to now have the first scenario in skyview loaded on default, yet you have open the temple door for the game to actually spawn the actors that should've been spawned by default.

I would not be surprised if the second visit automatically opens the boss door.

TheOthin
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #246 on: December 14, 2011, 09:42:29 PM »

Yeah, we can't know unless we test specifically what state it's in if we skip the boss key and come back during the Sacred Water quest. Which shouldn't take too long to test with Lake Hylia early, can it?

On that note, isn't it possible to start the Sacred Water quest early with Lake Hylia early... even before the first trip through Skyview Temple? Do we know what effect that might have on the dungeon?
Matt23488
Regular Guay

Meh

Email
« Reply #247 on: December 14, 2011, 09:56:59 PM »

Yeah, we can't know unless we test specifically what state it's in if we skip the boss key and come back during the Sacred Water quest. Which shouldn't take too long to test with Lake Hylia early, can it?

On that note, isn't it possible to start the Sacred Water quest early with Lake Hylia early... even before the first trip through Skyview Temple? Do we know what effect that might have on the dungeon?

I don't think so, since Water Dragon isn't present until you get the scale.

THENINTENDOLUMINARY
Regular Guay

AKA wiiztec

Email
« Reply #248 on: December 15, 2011, 02:00:36 AM »

According to someone on gamefaqs http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/960633-the-legend-of-zelda-skyward-sword/61353969 there seems to be a way to get the bokoblin capture even to trigger early, if this is somehow reproducible then it should prove very useful
Abahbob
Site Editor
Special Guay

I make videos of games that are done very fast.

Email
« Reply #249 on: December 15, 2011, 04:09:34 AM »

I doubt it would give you the mogma mitts... But it's worth a shot. What are the triggers necessary to actually start the sequence? I can't think of anything that could start it that early...

Iirc, the boss door in Faron is open the second time, cuz I used the cheat to walk through walls. I'll check if I have time tonight.
Roadagain
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #250 on: December 15, 2011, 08:50:23 AM »

Very doubtful it would give the Mitts.

I mean, you should have them at that point, so you don't "lose" them. The other items are lost, or rather replaced. Then you replace the new items (Unusable Bokoblin icons) with the original items.

Anyways, he mentioned that he did "those 3 sidequests" as a potential reason, but I'm kinda doubtful of that.

Also, if someone cares, I'm almost positive the "heated area" prompt is forced on first time you go there, even on Hero Mode.
Paraxade
Special Guay

paraxade@hotmail.com
Email
« Reply #251 on: December 15, 2011, 08:57:51 AM »

You do lose the mitts. You're supposed to pick up a barrel inside the cage to make a mogma pop up, and he gives you the mitts.
Roadagain
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #252 on: December 15, 2011, 09:34:08 AM »

Doh. Yeah, that's the level of my memory again. :K
TheOthin
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #253 on: December 15, 2011, 10:37:22 AM »

Anyways, he mentioned that he did "those 3 sidequests" as a potential reason, but I'm kinda doubtful of that.

Also, if someone cares, I'm almost positive the "heated area" prompt is forced on first time you go there, even on Hero Mode.
It sounds really odd, but I still think we should ask him what the sidequests are. As soon as we can convince him not to listen to the people telling him to restart.

I have to say, I'm really hesitant to believe he's telling the truth, but we can't take any chances. We need to all be on there now persuading him to keep the file, to get a video, and if possible, to make a backup of the file. After we can verify as much as we can, we can see about duplicating it.

As for the "heated area" prompt, it is absolutely not forced on Hero Mode. I verified this earlier; it was my first time traveling into the area on Hero Mode, and the message did not appear, although Fi blinked to let me know I should talk to her.
Roadagain
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #254 on: December 15, 2011, 01:12:27 PM »

That's an oddity. I could've sworn it was forced.

Well, I took a look at IGN's (Ugh) walkthrough, and it didn't force that thing upon you. Even on Normal mode.

Anyways, made sure to poke the thread about the Eldin oddity.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 46
  Print  

Jump to: