ZSR Forums
April 28, 2024, 11:20:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19
  Print  
Author Topic: Impromptu Speedrunning - Sunday July 11th, 2010  (Read 108103 times)
icebreaker007
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2009, 01:30:47 AM »

yeah, that'd basically ask people to do the any% run which is already posted on the site and the run will most likely be something that won't have a predetermined route
RingRush
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2009, 03:27:31 AM »

First impromptu has been decided to be on SATURDAY, OCTOBER 17

The time has not yet been decided. Discuss.

The goal...well I'm not telling you, but it has been chosen.

The recording and proof rules have been set in chat, but I don't remember them. I think Jiano might, I'll wait until he reads this.

ded
ZFG
Mega Guay

also pheenoh <3

« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2009, 03:57:09 AM »

12 pm pst sound good?

I for one think that there are no glitches in OoT. It's just gameshark codes.

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
RingRush
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2009, 04:33:33 AM »

That might be a bit early, since I don't know what my homework will be like that weekend. But I think 1:00 should be fine. I usually take a break then anyways if I'm not done.

ded
Jiano
Special Guay

Sun+Jiano
« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2009, 02:41:49 PM »

The only rules I know are you need to show some sort of proof that you finished at the time you did.

I think 1 - 3 PM pst would be a good time.
GlitchesAndStuff
Site Editor
Special Guay

Feel free to ask me anything

« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2009, 02:54:31 PM »

wait, I need to know in GMT, it better not be like 11PM...
BluRi
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2009, 03:07:49 PM »

EDIT:I fucked up. I begin to discuss something, which had ready been brought up several times lol : /

But yehhh...

Escaping the forest would be a must ay...  Undecided
« Last Edit: October 06, 2009, 03:12:04 PM by BluRi » Logged

Newbie : S
Lexkeeta
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #37 on: October 06, 2009, 07:02:07 PM »

lol homework

Suddo
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #38 on: October 06, 2009, 08:04:10 PM »

Okay so to sum up the rules, as far as my understanding. Correct me if I'm wrong.

1. If you stream you're okay you can use emu or console and only need to say I'm done in IRC when you reach the goal.

Or if your without the recording equipment or hate using a keyboard.

2. A list of pics might be required to prove you're doing this right. Such as if it were simply an any% run with restarts then you could have them be at key points (bottle collecting, scarecrow song and such maybe) and hopefully ones that would say your name. Then say I'm done in IRC and upload the pics as a vid completion to youtube or some other form (hasn't been discussed in detail). Or you post them as soon as you take them to photobucket or some other site (I'm not certain which one is better.

The pics one is interesting it could allow for some weird challenges and somethings that people streaming would have to do like maybe get a kiss from King Zora or find out Ganondorf's horse is black. Though those two maybe to obscure you get my point.

EDIT: Oh and Ring could you make a collection of all the people who are planning on participating (barring some disaster).
« Last Edit: October 06, 2009, 08:09:21 PM by Suddo » Logged
Blizzerk
Special Guay

What is this I don't even-

Blizzerk@live.com
WWW Email
« Reply #39 on: October 07, 2009, 07:20:44 PM »

Wanting to participate - Also RR make an official time and a seperate thread for each competition so we don't get a 600 page thread (like the TP thread on SDA lol) so you can post time, date, runners and rules or whatever...

I can stream (very horribly with webcam on laptop + tv or something like that, i may not be able to though)

best of luck to all

[21:02:55] <Blizz> Uhh...
[21:02:59] <Blizz> RingRush..
[21:03:06] <Blizz> I was meaning to ask you something
[21:03:13] <RingRush> no I will not go to prom with you
[21:03:16] <Blizz> :<
------------------
<@jiano> get off my lawn you damn kids
GlitchesAndStuff
Site Editor
Special Guay

« Reply #40 on: October 09, 2009, 03:37:21 PM »

sorry guys, I won't be able to take part, if it's 12PM where you are it will be 3am were I am, and that's too early, also 3pm where you are is too early because that would mean it's 6am here... it's a real shame because I really wanted to do it Cry
Runnerguy2489
Special Guay

I'm not your buddy, guay!

« Reply #41 on: October 09, 2009, 05:55:50 PM »

We should probably gather info on everyone who is interested in these, and find out where they all live to determine how to include the most people for the future.

I also think a rule on savewarping/death warping should be determined for each goal right after the goal is stated, or maybe just a standard for it. This could play a big part in some events. It feels like these should be SS but if I'm sure saving and resetting will save time in places.

runnerguy your such a mother fucker. whats with all this bombchu shit? all everyone who likes this shit is stupid. ur a fucking cheater. u did that the wrong way, thats not how to get past the king zora u cheater. u suck and i wont continue watching all ur shit! videos.
Blizzerk
Special Guay

What is this I don't even-

Blizzerk@live.com
WWW Email
« Reply #42 on: October 09, 2009, 07:26:06 PM »

I saw we make a zelda standard time, just a small widget on the top right corner of the site/forums, and maybe we could fix RBABot to state the current zelda time...

is this a good idea?

[21:02:55] <Blizz> Uhh...
[21:02:59] <Blizz> RingRush..
[21:03:06] <Blizz> I was meaning to ask you something
[21:03:13] <RingRush> no I will not go to prom with you
[21:03:16] <Blizz> :<
------------------
<@jiano> get off my lawn you damn kids
GlitchesAndStuff
Site Editor
Special Guay