ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 04:17:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Legend of Zelda  (Read 12082 times)
CHC
Regular Guay

« on: August 30, 2011, 02:25:12 PM »

I didn't see a thread for this, so I shall make I suppose.

What is a good route? Any legit glitches that can be replicated? Or are there no glitches?

<stonenot>   chc ur dumb
<CHC> stonenot at least I can DoT skip
|<--   stonenot has left irc.speeddemosarchive.com (Quit: Leaving)
HeyListen
Regular Guay

« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2011, 01:18:46 AM »

I'm currently playing this right now from the Ambassador NES games, and theres only 2 glitches (or 1 if you don't count the Armos one)

Glitch 1) Make the FIRST dungeon door unlocked. Enter the first dungeon and quickly exit the dungeon, and quickly go back in. The door at the top of the screen will be unlocked without a key.. kinda helpful i guess..

Glitch 2) Not really even a glitch, it's when you go infront of a Ghini or an Armos, if you awaken it RIGHT in front of the way it's facing, you get hit. Thats it..

Anyways, a good route is ( http://www.zeldadungeon.net/Zelda01-the-legend-of-zelda-walkthrough-01.php ) for a 100%.
There's no point in making a low% route for this game, because theres no glitches / uses..
The game is good but just not a glitch / low% kind of game.. sadly :/

CHC
Regular Guay

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2011, 06:32:28 PM »

Everyone knows about the first dungeon glitch Tongue I don't consider it a glitch to be honest, it was meant to happen. And thanks for the reference, greatly appreciated.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 06:37:26 PM by CHC » Logged

<stonenot>   chc ur dumb
HeyListen
Regular Guay

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2011, 01:51:17 PM »

Also, though i forgot to post this.

You can finish the game without a sword, if you want a challenge Cheesy. I'm trying it now and it's super hard... You need so many bombs.. You must rely only on the items you have, personally the Magic Rod is the best or the Arrows.

To make that even harder, try NO bomb upgrades, NO defense upgrades, 4 heart containers (Im not sure about this one, because i only got to Aquamentus and you have to get this heart piece to get to the triforce room, the HC blocks the little passage), and NO potions / Old man's letter.

I'm sure that possible ^, except the HC part. People have beaten the game without one hit. I dont know how, i'm sure Gleeok or Gohma has hit them atleast twice.. AND THOSE WIZZROBES, I CANT BEAT LEVEL 6 ON FIRST QUEST.
CHC
Regular Guay

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2011, 03:59:02 PM »

It's possible to skip it. If you kill him while past it (via beam by sword or bombs) It's possible to actually skip it in that manner. However, I thought the HC followed him. Like, if he was at the left of the room, it appeared there. Perhaps that was my imagination. Anywho, Swordless Link route sounds fun.

<stonenot>   chc ur dumb
Maxx
Admin
Special Guay

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2011, 02:01:09 PM »

You can finish the game without a sword, if you want a challenge Cheesy. I'm trying it now and it's super hard... You need so many bombs.. You must rely only on the items you have, personally the Magic Rod is the best or the Arrows.

You can make it to Ganon without a sword, but you still need one to beat him.
skyyye
Deku Scrub

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2013, 09:23:45 PM »

I've been working on a 100% speedrun for this game (all inventory items, heart containers, and bomb upgrades).  With the current route I have, I can consistently do it in about 80 minutes.

There doesn't seem to be a 100% option available though in the leaderboards.  Would it be possible to add one?

100% quickly is a fun challenge for this game.
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2013, 06:49:17 AM »

What's the ruleset for 100%?

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
skyyye
Deku Scrub

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2013, 03:37:54 PM »

There does not seem to be a consistent standard for 100% for this game, but what I think would be most reasonable is the following:
-----
1st Quest 100% rules
  • Beat the game. This includes only the "first quest" and does not require any gameplay after rescuing Zelda for the first time.
  • Collect all inventory items, all three swords, both bomb upgrades, the magical shield, and all heart containers
  • Keys, maps, and compasses are not required
-----
(The inventory items are everything listed in the inventory section of the subscreen -- wooden boomerang, magical boomerang, bombs, bow, wooden arrows, silver arrows, blue candle, red candle, whistle, enemy bait, letter, red water of life, magic wand, raft, magic book, blue ring, red ring, stepladder, magical key, and power bracelet.)
Jeville
Special Guay

"special"

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2013, 09:29:32 PM »

I would count maps and compasses. I'd be more lenient about keys since they can be bought and due to the magical key.
skyyye
Deku Scrub

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2013, 12:22:02 PM »

100% for OoT does not seem to require maps or compasses (or boss keys).  The other games I checked on the leaderboard do not mention them...
Jeville
Special Guay

"special"

« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2013, 11:23:00 PM »

Yeah, I see. MM is the one I see in a 100% route that requires both though. It's just a mess.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 11:56:42 PM by Jeville » Logged
Blazeingphoenix
Deku Scrub

Whatz Up everyone!

« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2014, 11:44:03 PM »

I honestly hope one day, there will be an official 100% rules for LoZ and would be put on the leaderboards for ZSR. This is what I go by 100%, with everything listed here to be by the end of the game [my PB being 1:11:34] [Best I've seen with these rules were by Darkwing Duck and he got a PB of 42:59]...
All Hearts [16 Total Life], Raft, Magical Key, Red Ring, Stepladder, Book, Power Bracelet, Magical Boomerang, Both Bomb Upgrades, Bow w/ Silver Arrows, Red Candle, Whistle, Letter [But Red or Blue Medicine can work too], Magic Wand, and Magical Sword.

However, I normally get the Magical Shield because I tend to have trouble fighting Wizrobes and dodging fireballs, but I don't really think it should be needed for 100%, only do to the fact that it can easily be lost [aka not permanent]. I think it would suck to lose it near the end and have to leave, if needed, collect rupees just to rebuy it, and chance lose it again. As for all keys, I find that to be dumb, mostly because the Magical Key is still an item, and once gotten, all the other keys are useless. Also, I don't like the thought of needing the maps and compasses due to the fact that once you finish the dungeon, let's say Eagle, the map and compass in Eagle is not shown or used ever again in the run. Finally, I think even though the bait is an inventory item, you don't need it there at the end of the game. I think buying it once, and using it in Level 7 should be good enough.

I had a discussion of what should be a 100% run on SDA if anyone want's to look at it [even Darkwing Duck was in this conversation]--> https://forum.speeddemosarchive.com/post/the_legend_of_zeldaall_categories_16.html
Tompa
Regular Guay

Tompa_1989@hotmail.com Tompalala
Email
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2014, 03:04:26 AM »

New TAS for 100%: http://tasvideos.org/3897S.html

May the Triforce be with you.
skyyye
Deku Scrub

« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2014, 06:00:22 PM »

I would say to treat Bait and Magical Shield the same -- need to just acquire them once, but do not need to have them at the end.

What else do we need to do to get official rules created?

I honestly hope one day, there will be an official 100% rules for LoZ and would be put on the leaderboards for ZSR. This is what I go by 100%, with everything listed here to be by the end of the game [my PB being 1:11:34] [Best I've seen with these rules were by Darkwing Duck and he got a PB of 42:59]...
All Hearts [16 Total Life], Raft, Magical Key, Red Ring, Stepladder, Book, Power Bracelet, Magical Boomerang, Both Bomb Upgrades, Bow w/ Silver Arrows, Red Candle, Whistle, Letter [But Red or Blue Medicine can work too], Magic Wand, and Magical Sword.

However, I normally get the Magical Shield because I tend to have trouble fighting Wizrobes and dodging fireballs, but I don't really think it should be needed for 100%, only do to the fact that it can easily be lost [aka not permanent]. I think it would suck to lose it near the end and have to leave, if needed, collect rupees just to rebuy it, and chance lose it again. As for all keys, I find that to be dumb, mostly because the Magical Key is still an item, and once gotten, all the other keys are useless. Also, I don't like the thought of needing the maps and compasses due to the fact that once you finish the dungeon, let's say Eagle, the map and compass in Eagle is not shown or used ever again in the run. Finally, I think even though the bait is an inventory item, you don't need it there at the end of the game. I think buying it once, and using it in Level 7 should be good enough.

I had a discussion of what should be a 100% run on SDA if anyone want's to look at it [even Darkwing Duck was in this conversation]--> https://forum.speeddemosarchive.com/post/the_legend_of_zeldaall_categories_16.html
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: