ZSR Forums
April 28, 2024, 05:28:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 75
  Print  
Author Topic: WW Tricks and Glitches Discussion  (Read 1222950 times)
512: loadMemberContext(): member id 1 not previously loaded by loadMemberData()
File: /var/www/html/smf1.1/Sources/Load.php
Line: 969
GlitchesAndStuff
Site Editor
Special Guay

Feel free to ask me anything

« Reply #855 on: September 13, 2012, 01:34:06 PM »

I feel like all those cool ET skips are useless for Non-TAS because you have to backtrack to that room, kill chus, and then light up the sun Sad as opposed to ledge clipping down there right away

The only other chest I can think of to use is the small key chest which sucks because you don't keep the small key! so you have to go around the same rooms you usually would.

I am however very interested in the early mirror shield thing? Could you post a video because I don't quite understand it. I thought the loading zone for the miniboss room didn't exist until you go through that top door

edit: also I think theres a version difference with the slope on the boss door but it doesn't matter cause with storage you can simply backflip through the wall there.

There is a chest in the room before the mirror shield, behind the statues that you have to shine light on.. iirc, it's a joy pendant... That way you can use the chest storage to clip behind the sun head
GlitchesAndStuff
Site Editor
Special Guay

Feel free to ask me anything

« Reply #856 on: September 13, 2012, 04:28:46 PM »

Mirror shield early:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuYwmHQEKvY

Uses chest storage off the chest in the first warp pot room
I'm not great at hovering but even with my poor hover, I'm still close enough to the door when I get enough height to be able to leaf there
You have to start away from the wall like that because wall hovers don't gain height with chest storage

I've actually gotten this a few times now, it's easier than I first thought, this should be used for sure in a segmented run if one ever happens, maybe too risky for RTA though sadly

because I leaf right to the miniboss, I think a savewarp may be required to get out, since you haven't killed the poes/moblins to lower the stairs outside.
if somebody finds a way to get into the poe/moblin room from that  side though, we could use storage off the joy pendant chest for the rest of the dungeon

to get up to that room in the first place, you'll need to hover up there I think (unless maybe you can run up the giant sun head somehow to get there)
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 04:33:44 PM by GlitchesAndStuff » Logged