ZSR Forums
April 30, 2024, 09:20:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 75
  Print  
Author Topic: WW Tricks and Glitches Discussion  (Read 1223907 times)
Slowking
Regular Guay

« Reply #330 on: June 20, 2010, 10:33:07 PM »

Could somebody pleasetestthe following:

Clip through wall near where the original trail skip clips, but on the ground level. Then leaf pump your way over to the trail door loading zone. Maybe you will retain just enough height to get in it. If this would work the only thing stopping us from H2 -> Ganon would be the barrier around hyrule castle and we will crack that, too. Cheesy

14:10 MrGrunz: keep your ass close to him
14:10   MrGrunz: and nothing can go wrong
Paraxade
Special Guay

paraxade@hotmail.com
Email
« Reply #331 on: June 21, 2010, 09:04:36 AM »

I highly doubt that would work because there's nowhere to stand on the other side of the wall, meaning you'd need to start the glide from just below the floor level on the door, which puts you about level with the door leading out of trials, so unless leaf pumping makes it so you don't lose any height at all, not gonna work. also, you need ice arrows to do the clip, and fire/ice arrows are not available until after FF2 and in turn hyrule 2.
MrSparkle
Regular Guay

Hair Dye

linktetraww
« Reply #332 on: June 21, 2010, 10:12:11 AM »

Never got any orbs off a bokoblin? Weird, bokoblin is about the only enemy I'm not 100% certain drops an orb. I'm somewhat sure even beamos do, you just never kill them in runs to take notice...

Oh yeah, we don't need the WGA anymore for WT, just throwing that out there...
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 10:14:53 AM by MrSparkle » Logged

May get a recorder at year's end...
KlydeStorm
Regular Guay

« Reply #333 on: June 21, 2010, 12:28:53 PM »

FF2 Ganondorf scene gives you Hero's Shield too.

Edit: I just thought of a great idea that failed miserably, but I'll post it anyways.

Before you have the Sail or Wind Waker, saving anywhere (that doesn't overwrite your save flag) meant being taken back to Windfall. Since your save flag is set to Windfall, I thought that maybe we can go to FF2, get EMS, then savewarp back to Windfall, then go back to FF and hopefully it would be FF2 instead of FF3, and we could get Skull Hammer. Unfortunately, Hyrule 2 overwrites Windfall's save flag with its own, so that was a bust.

Then, someone mentioned Outset. Outset's save flag seems to have a godly high priority over all other save flags that are not in the real sequence of save flags (Outset > Pirate Ship > FF1 > Windfall), as it's dependent on if you have been to certain areas (that aren't even on the map, if I may add), and on KoRL's existence in the world or not.

Whether or not this is possible, I tested what getting to FF2 from Outset with your Save Flag still set there does. Since you didn't complete FF1, this means that KoRL isn't in existence yet. Because of this, the scene at the start of Hyrule 2 glitches out. Tetra is flipped 90 degrees, and Link walks into a wall forever, soft-locking the game.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 01:08:44 PM by KlydeStorm » Logged
KlydeStorm
Regular Guay

« Reply #334 on: June 22, 2010, 08:46:02 AM »

I tried Majora's idea about using the Forest Water text box to cancel the damage barrier. It didn't work.

However, while testing MajoraMIM's idea, I found a way to lock the camera in place by pulling out the Wind Waker right as the Forest Water expires. If you do any action that changes the camera, it will get stuck like that.

However, the important part, if you lock the camera with the Wind Waker, then go into water, you can hold up, and Link will keep turning around repeatedly. This causes Link to build speed rapidly, up to insane levels. Once you let go, Link will fly backwards through the water at amazing speeds (if you spun long enough), and even allows you to travel between islands.

Of course, there's always a downside. Forest Water takes 20 minutes to expire. Shitty.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqL9KogfAA0
Majora MIM
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #335 on: June 22, 2010, 10:41:21 AM »

Throw the bomerang on a molblin without sword will also lock up the camera.
I'm sure there's other ways to lock the camera.

sorry for my soooo bad english.

TLOZ: complete     AOL: complete     ALTTP(GBA): 100%
LA(DX): complete   OOT/MQ/3D: 100%    MM: 100%
OOA/OOS: 100%    FS:100%   TWW:100%
 FSA: 100%     TMC: 100%     TP: 100%
PH: 100%        ST: 100%         SS: Huh
KlydeStorm
Regular Guay

« Reply #336 on: June 22, 2010, 11:24:48 AM »

Storage. I expect some weird things from this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1N3GDe0eaIE
« Last Edit: June 26, 2010, 02:23:42 PM by KlydeStorm » Logged
Paraxade
Special Guay

paraxade@hotmail.com
Email
« Reply #337 on: June 22, 2010, 06:45:53 PM »

Only thing I've found with collection delay so far is if you go read the WGA tablet (or according to cerpin, the Wind's Requiem tablet) after interrupting the Wind Waker, you turn invisible. while invisible everything works like normal except you can't pause. If you go into a sequence that locks your controls, it displays the tablet's text. All that except the turning invisible part happens with the sail too.
Razor
Regular Guay

Zombie Hover

« Reply #338 on: June 23, 2010, 01:38:57 AM »

You guys have found a lot of breaks since I've been gone. Grin The collection delay is what I was trying to do with the chu jelly way back when. I may have figured out a way to get into hyrule field early without hovering around the barrier. I'll test it soon.

Forest Water+Backflip=Gainers?
KlydeStorm
Regular Guay

« Reply #339 on: June 23, 2010, 06:37:02 AM »

Forbidden Woods Boss Key skip.

Unfortunately requires Forest Water.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2LmSIKcBTU
Jiano
Special Guay

Sun+Jiano
« Reply #340 on: June 23, 2010, 10:17:18 AM »

Cabana Deed Skip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKMRQzK-dYo

Also unfortunately requires Forest Water.
Phazon
Special Guay

Aaaaagh!

lol_oli_lol@hotmail.com PhazonN
Email
« Reply #341 on: June 23, 2010, 12:34:23 PM »

Nice finds. You never know how Forest Water could fit into a speedrun (assuming it doesn't expire is you save and quit) so depending on how much time these tricks save and whereabouts in the new route they'd be, they could (and should) be used.

[15:48:29] <ChocolateLink> chapstick?
[15:48:59] <Phazon> yeah, i'm using it atm, you can get crazy high
Razor
Regular Guay

Zombie Hover

« Reply #342 on: June 23, 2010, 02:30:29 PM »

Nice finds. You never know how Forest Water could fit into a speedrun (assuming it doesn't expire is you save and quit) so depending on how much time these tricks save and whereabouts in the new route they'd be, they could (and should) be used.
The timer on forest water is paused when you save and resumes when you resume playing that file. I've done a ton of testing with forest water and am glad to see that my old theory of collection delay with chu jelly has turned into something useful with the windwaker. I have a few ideas of my own with this. Also, there is no doubt that forest water can be properly used in a speedrun.
@Phazon
Here's a great button mash technique http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppDO4ZBiXuo. Tell me how it works out.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 12:55:48 AM by Razor » Logged

Forest Water+Backflip=Gainers?
Cerpin_Taxt
« Reply #343 on: June 24, 2010, 03:17:40 AM »

With the aid of chest collection delay, I have managed to get the quiver without the hookshot or hammer. Basically, with the chest delay active, go to where the vines and doorway meet, and walk up the doorway (you'll get hit a lot). If you can manage to get high enough you'll clip in. Easy as butts, I got it in about 2 minutes my first time.
Phazon
Special Guay

Aaaaagh!

lol_oli_lol@hotmail.com PhazonN
Email
« Reply #344 on: June 24, 2010, 07:42:48 AM »

I didn't know quiver upgrades had vines blocking the entrance, I thought it was a ring of fire. Maybe that's just the case for one of them? Either way nice find Cerpin.

[15:48:29] <ChocolateLink> chapstick?
[15:48:59] <Phazon> yeah, i'm using it atm, you can get crazy high
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 75
  Print  

Jump to: