ZSR Forums
April 28, 2024, 04:46:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 75
  Print  
Author Topic: WW Tricks and Glitches Discussion  (Read 1222942 times)
Phazon
Special Guay

Aaaaagh!

lol_oli_lol@hotmail.com PhazonN
Email
« Reply #165 on: May 07, 2010, 04:06:11 PM »

What happens when you hit PG with a regular sword? Does he flinch as if he was hit, but takes no damage or does nothing happen at all?

[15:48:29] <ChocolateLink> chapstick?
[15:48:59] <Phazon> yeah, i'm using it atm, you can get crazy high
KlydeStorm
Regular Guay

« Reply #166 on: May 07, 2010, 05:24:33 PM »

Nothing happens when you hit him with the Hero's Sword. It can't even reflect his blasts back at him.

Every other item was tested against him, too. Nothing works. Not even a Deku Stick.
bluephantom340
Special Guay

« Reply #167 on: May 08, 2010, 05:26:27 AM »

I just found this today, Moving while carrying heavy objects: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FhWLYDUyKw

It gives me new idea. Maybe by letting end a forest water timer at the same time you're talking to someone or opening a chest or a door, it will have interresting consequences like unloaded rooms or riching unloaded area.
Very nice.

[13:57] <Kaztalek> Give me a week and I guarentee I will be a top 10 MM player.
[18:34:23] <ingx24> i suck at mm
http://www.youtube.com/user/ayumuhd
Razor
Regular Guay

Zombie Hover

« Reply #168 on: May 09, 2010, 02:58:28 PM »

I'm pretty sure the timer is paused when you talk to someone. If not you could get in a body of water, talk to KoRL and never drown, which would make early FF2 possible.

EDIT:

@Razor Actually I never even thought about moving with heavy objects lol. I'm not saying what you're planning isn't possible. Anything is possible. I'm just saying, how likely is it that you're going to find what you need for your theories? I'd love for you to find a big break in WW and I wish you good luck, but I'm still sceptical. Sorry.

As for the M&C problem. For now I think we should assume that we'd get the Bow from ToG. 5 minutes to get the Bow is the least of our worries.

I like the increase in your enthusiasm. The reason why we all think this is impossible is because the glitch knowledge we have in that area is very low. It's like before the DoT skip in OoT, no one would have ever thought it possible to skip all child dungeons.

-Find a way to escape M&C Isles after getting Fire/Ice Arrows by diving into it. Fire/Ice Arrows replaces the regular Bow as a completely different item, and will work just like the bow.
What items does the fire/ice arrows replace the regular bow with? And/or what is the items icon? Just curious.

Forest Water+Backflip=Gainers?
KlydeStorm
Regular Guay

« Reply #169 on: May 10, 2010, 12:20:58 AM »

What items does the fire/ice arrows replace the regular bow with? And/or what is the items icon? Just curious.

It replaces the regular Bow with the Fire/Ice Bow.

Normally, you need the Bow to get the Ballad of Gales to get the Fire/Ice Bow.

And I assume it would work the same with Light Arrows replacing the Fire/Ice Bow with Fire/Ice/Light Bow, as to get the Light Arrows you need the Fire/Ice Bow to get that far.
MrSparkle
Regular Guay

Hair Dye

linktetraww
« Reply #170 on: May 10, 2010, 09:46:26 AM »

So, BoG is the test for if you can get I / F arrows? It would have to be more, becuase then we would just get arrows then get BoG. Having the MS would make sence as a trigger. Another way of programing that would be a check for if you don't have the Hero Sword...

May get a recorder at year's end...
Phazon
Special Guay

Aaaaagh!

Email
« Reply #171 on: May 10, 2010, 01:27:59 PM »

You think swordless glitch could actually be useful?

Razor
Regular Guay

Zombie Hover

« Reply #172 on: May 10, 2010, 09:01:02 PM »

You think swordless glitch could actually be useful?
Exactly what I was thinking. I'm sure that there's some way that Ani's swordless link glitch could be useful, but it just needs a good spot to be incorparated into a speedrun. I've been wondering about that for a while.

Forest Water+Backflip=Gainers?
KlydeStorm
Regular Guay

« Reply #173 on: May 10, 2010, 09:57:50 PM »

So, BoG is the test for if you can get I / F arrows? It would have to be more, becuase then we would just get arrows then get BoG. Having the MS would make sence as a trigger. Another way of programing that would be a check for if you don't have the Hero Sword...

Ballad of Gales is not the trigger at all. I'm not sure where you got that.

The trigger for being able to get them is completing FF2. The reason we need Ballad of Gales is to escape M&C. If you dive under it and activate the scene, your boat appears with you in the scene, and is stuck inside M&C. Without Ballad of Gales, you're stuck for good.
bluephantom340
Special Guay

« Reply #174 on: May 11, 2010, 03:39:10 AM »

Exactly what I was thinking. I'm sure that there's some way that Ani's swordless link glitch could be useful, but it just needs a good spot to be incorparated into a speedrun. I've been wondering about that for a while.
I've confirmed about 5 months ago that Swordless glitch isn't useful at all. I've gotten up to the master sword swordless and nothing weird happens. Just like if you were beating the game normally. Also FYI, Ani didn't find that trick. Unreal did IIRC.

[13:57] <Kaztalek> Give me a week and I guarentee I will be a top 10 MM player.
[18:34:23] <ingx24> i suck at mm
http://www.youtube.com/user/ayumuhd
AniMeowzerz
Special Guay

Meow, and... stuff.

AniMeowzerz@hotmail.com AniMeowzerz
Email
« Reply #175 on: May 11, 2010, 04:55:16 AM »

Yes, it was Unreal who discovered it, I just documented it on video + played with some of it.

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
Phazon
Special Guay

Aaaaagh!

Email
« Reply #176 on: May 11, 2010, 06:43:47 AM »

I have to admit, my knowledge on the swordless glitch is close to nothing. I may have to watch Ani's vid for like the 5th time and try to actually remember stuff x_X.

Can you get into M&C without BoG? I mean, if you warp there are you just warped to a room that isn't there if you try to get in from the outside of the island, maybe because the programmers assumed that getting in without BoG was impossible?

MrSparkle
Regular Guay

Hair Dye

linktetraww
« Reply #177 on: May 11, 2010, 08:01:48 AM »

Normally, you need the Bow to get the Ballad of Gales to get the Fire/Ice Bow.

Thats where I got it. Either way, I was just using it as a platform to mention the random idea I had as i read the new posts. But yeah, I forgot you do ff2 before IF arrows...

KlydeStorm
Regular Guay

« Reply #178 on: May 11, 2010, 08:21:19 AM »

Can you get into M&C without BoG? I mean, if you warp there are you just warped to a room that isn't there if you try to get in from the outside of the island, maybe because the programmers assumed that getting in without BoG was impossible?

Well, if you read what I've been posting, it'd be clear...

You can get in without BoG by WW Diving. However, you cannot get out without BoG. The scene activates just fine, everything goes accordingly.
MrSparkle
Regular Guay

Hair Dye

linktetraww
« Reply #179 on: May 11, 2010, 08:31:35 AM »

It's official, ww low% is possible, now. And they say its hopeless, thats a major accomplishment...

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 75
  Print  

Jump to: