ZSR Forums
April 28, 2024, 12:55:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 75
  Print  
Author Topic: WW Tricks and Glitches Discussion  (Read 1222867 times)
Marcus
« Reply #135 on: April 29, 2010, 07:48:06 PM »

I have good and bad news.

The good news: You skip the little cutscene after getting the boss key by holding L and there might be a way to get the past the lasers with the 3rd statue without using the Wind Waker or bomb boosting and it would be faster too.

The bad news: Walking towards Gohdan's hands while shooting at them is DEFINITELLY not the reason they don't get revived and it even happens sometimes if you shot the 2 arrows slow. I'll upload the Gohdan battle today so you help me finding out why the hell Gohdan does this.
KlydeStorm
Regular Guay

« Reply #136 on: May 01, 2010, 07:34:10 AM »

A few days ago in the IRC, we discovered something that could be something major in the future.

If we somehow find a way to Forsaken Fortress (second visit) early, the scene at the end where Link gets his ass kicked by Ganondorf actually gives you the uncharged Master Sword. This means we could end up skipping Jabun's Pearl and Tower of Gods completely.

Unfortunately, this is going to be very hard to achieve, as the developers are assholes.

The first wall, we cannot get the Skull Hammer at all, as the Hero's Sword can't do any damage to Phantom Ganon. Even when he's down on the ground from using a Bottle to reflect his blasts, nothing hurts him. Nothing.

The second wall is, literally a wall. We can't get in the door to Helmaroc King's room because we lack the Skull Hammer, so we need to find a way to get OoB, and float into the doorway. The only OoB point near to the door (that I found) is above the door and to the left. The only way we're going to get into it (without some new clipping method) is to find some new trick that gains a massive amount of height.
This is the wall I speak of, outlined where you can go through the wall:

After we get past that, getting to the top of Helmaroc's tower is easy enough. We need to first climb up the tower, then leap off beside him at the end and Deku Leaf over to the edge behind him, then release the Deku Leaf at the right time in order to grab the edge.

But then, we hit another wall (an invisible one, to be precise), the spikes. To get over the spikes, we would probably use whatever method we used to gain height to get into Helmaroc's room, or use a bomb to damage boost up there, but that has proven unsuccessful so far. Even if we land on top of the invisible wall above the spikes, there's an invisible force pushing you to the right (like the statue in front of the Wind Temple), but if we can get Link running on top of them, it should be no problem to get to the other side.
In any case, here's how high up the invisible wall above the spikes goes:

It's nice to have some theories, but it seems like the developers were out to screw us over at every turn.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 08:29:10 AM by KlydeStorm » Logged
Phazon
Special Guay

Aaaaagh!

lol_oli_lol@hotmail.com PhazonN
Email
« Reply #137 on: May 01, 2010, 02:40:50 PM »

Hmm. Maybe you can damage boost over the wall at the side of the spikes before the Phantom Ganon fight at FF2 then get a Deku Stick and get the Megaton Hammer with that. Surely though, getting to FF2 early is impossible outside of a wrong warp (which won't happen, let's face it).

EDIT:

Actually I think you have to ring the bell at the top of ToG to be able to get to Hyrule, so no ToG = no way to complete the game. Don't you just love those Wind Waker developers?
« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 02:44:53 PM by Phazon » Logged

[15:48:29] <ChocolateLink> chapstick?
[15:48:59] <Phazon> yeah, i'm using it atm, you can get crazy high
bluephantom340
Special Guay

« Reply #138 on: May 01, 2010, 04:22:58 PM »

Hmm. Maybe you can damage boost over the wall at the side of the spikes before the Phantom Ganon fight at FF2 then get a Deku Stick and get the Megaton Hammer with that. Surely though, getting to FF2 early is impossible outside of a wrong warp (which won't happen, let's face it).

EDIT:

Actually I think you have to ring the bell at the top of ToG to be able to get to Hyrule, so no ToG = no way to complete the game. Don't you just love those Wind Waker developers?
You probably can. Maybe if you collect all the triforce shards, the cs might trigger.

[13:57] <Kaztalek> Give me a week and I guarentee I will be a top 10 MM player.
[18:34:23] <ingx24> i suck at mm
http://www.youtube.com/user/ayumuhd
KlydeStorm
Regular Guay

« Reply #139 on: May 01, 2010, 05:49:04 PM »

EDIT:

The walls beside the spikes? Fuck no, they're about 20 times taller.

As for the Deku Stick, very unlikely that it can damage Phantom Ganon.

And as for the Hyrule thing, no, you never go into the ring of light yourself, it's always done automatically through a scene.

Also, you don't need to stomp all over what little hope we have, you cretin.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 05:54:58 PM by KlydeStorm » Logged
Phazon
Special Guay

Aaaaagh!

Email
« Reply #140 on: May 01, 2010, 06:08:07 PM »

Sorry. I'm just being realistic.

Cerpin_Taxt
« Reply #141 on: May 01, 2010, 07:53:18 PM »

EDIT:

No <.<

The Ganon CS takes you to hyrule
AniMeowzerz
Special Guay

Meow, and... stuff.

AniMeowzerz@hotmail.com AniMeowzerz
Email
« Reply #142 on: May 02, 2010, 07:00:54 AM »

This is the same deal as the Jabun cutscene. The golden ring of light doesn't 'appear' after beating ToG just as getting into Jabun's cave doesn't make Jabun appear. They're all within a cutscene.
So yes, going into hyrule when you're supposed to go the second time for the first time would work. It's just getting the other shit to work that's the problem

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
Razor
Regular Guay

Zombie Hover

« Reply #143 on: May 03, 2010, 01:32:37 AM »

I like what Klyde is saying about FF2 early, but there seems to be many obstacles. This takes me back to my theory about returning the Master Sword to power before you first obtain it--no idea how, however--. I think that skipping the ToG simply isn't an option because, in my opinion, the ToG is the key to Ganon's Tower early. I have it all planned out in my head, but have yet to put it into action. Sounds like Klyde's idea about FF2 early, but the other way around. Still working on getting some other breaks to work, but I might mess around with this too. Smiley

Forest Water+Backflip=Gainers?
Phazon
Special Guay

Aaaaagh!

Email
« Reply #144 on: May 03, 2010, 05:08:45 AM »

You can't skip Jabun's pearl or ToG (completely). You need the arrows, which means you could still skip half of ToG and the first trip to Hyrule, not to mention some pretty lengthy cutscenes, so if arrows hurt PG then isn't that all of the problems solved (apart from actually getting to FF2 early)?

What happens if you leave the map from the top and jump just over the corner of the FF quadrant? Is it possible that KoRL will stop you from leaving the map and turn you back into FF? I'd try this myself, but I don't have a file anywhere near this.

Doesn't work.

EDIT:

Unless an arrow upgrade gives you arrows (but I don't think it does).

Need Megaton Hammer to get upgrades.

EDIT:

Actually, I don't think arrows will hurt PG.

Pointless trick. Go into the FF room with the beds and a chest on the bottom bed, get behind the chest and jumpslash onto it and you get "crushed".

Another pointless thing. If you have your telescope out, the whirlpool at Outset can't actually hurt you. You just spin in the middle until you get rid of the telescope.

EDIT:

I have another idea for getting to FF2 early, but this one is pretty much TAS only. I'd be suprised if anyone could do it otherwise. Basically, sail up to the FF quadrent, fire a bomb up in the air and hit yourself with it, so you fall out of the boat, but the boat moves forward a little bit more and ends up in the FF quadrent. Drown and warp to KoRL.

This definitely works for warping you to the next quadrant, but you HAVE to go diagonally into FF, otherwise you are stopped before you get anywhere near the quadrant edge (and a bomb boosts KoRL almost nowhere). When I go into other quadrants I get warped a nice distance into that quadrant (the same amount as a GSSW) and since KoRL just seems to check if you're going into a quadrant instead of if you're actually in a quadrant, then maybe he won't turn you around. I'll keep trying.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 08:42:42 AM by Phazon » Logged

MrSparkle
Regular Guay

Hair Dye

linktetraww
« Reply #145 on: May 03, 2010, 04:56:38 PM »

Nice stuff. I may play with ti some later today.

Oh and its Skull Hammer. And even then, you need that to get the upgrades normally, but could there be other ways?

May get a recorder at year's end...
Phazon
Special Guay

Aaaaagh!

Email
« Reply #146 on: May 03, 2010, 05:19:40 PM »

I don't think so, but I didn't really try anything. I saw that there was an invisible wall and decided not to bother with it.

Oops, I always say Megaton Hammer instead of Skull Hammer x_X

Razor
Regular Guay

Zombie Hover

« Reply #147 on: May 04, 2010, 12:33:09 AM »

EDIT:

Unless an arrow upgrade gives you arrows (but I don't think it does).

Need Megaton Hammer to get upgrades.

EDIT:

I have another idea for getting to FF2 early, but this one is pretty much TAS only. I'd be suprised if anyone could do it otherwise. Basically, sail up to the FF quadrent, fire a bomb up in the air and hit yourself with it, so you fall out of the boat, but the boat moves forward a little bit more and ends up in the FF quadrent. Drown and warp to KoRL.

This definitely works for warping you to the next quadrant, but you HAVE to go diagonally into FF, otherwise you are stopped before you get anywhere near the quadrant edge (and a bomb boosts KoRL almost nowhere). When I go into other quadrants I get warped a nice distance into that quadrant (the same amount as a GSSW) and since KoRL just seems to check if you're going into a quadrant instead of if you're actually in a quadrant, then maybe he won't turn you around. I'll keep trying.
I like your idea about using upgrades to get around the arrows. That's a lot more effecient than my idea of wrong warping into Mother & Child Isles and activating the fire/ice arrow cutscene early. I'm sure that there's a way to get around using the skull hammer to get the upgrade. I also like your idea about the bombing yourself to get to FF2 early. Sounds like a strategy that I'll look into. Grin I need to work on skipping the PG battle, whether it's using the method that you told me about a while ago or a different one.

Phazon
Special Guay

Aaaaagh!

Email
« Reply #148 on: May 04, 2010, 07:17:02 AM »

You couldn't get FA/IA early. Even if you warp there as soon as you get BoG, the fairy won't show up. You have to have beaten FF2 (I think). And as for the arrow upgrades early, there're invisible walls and if I've learned anything about this game it's that invisible walls do their jobs, but if you're going to look into that, you may as well try bomb upgrades early as well, but since neither of those are necessary to get EMS to work, it'd make more sense to have more people trying to get into the quadrant early, skipping PG or beating PG without MS.

The only way to skip PG (that I can think of) would be to dive under the big door on the water (into the hanging boat room) and see if you can find a way to get to the upper level or if you can find a way to get to somewhere high enough that you could Deku Leaf across to the broken ladder, but even then you need the Skull Hammer to get to HK as well as beat him. I don't think it's possible to get over the invisible wall at the HK fight, so you're gunna have to beat him.

Kinda off topic, but does getting the sword at FF1 end the BiT glitch?

Razor
Regular Guay

Zombie Hover

« Reply #149 on: May 04, 2010, 09:36:27 PM »

You couldn't get FA/IA early. Even if you warp there as soon as you get BoG, the fairy won't show up. You have to have beaten FF2 (I think). And as for the arrow upgrades early, there're invisible walls and if I've learned anything about this game it's that invisible walls do their jobs, but if you're going to look into that, you may as well try bomb upgrades early as well, but since neither of those are necessary to get EMS to work, it'd make more sense to have more people trying to get into the quadrant early, skipping PG or beating PG without MS.

The only way to skip PG (that I can think of) would be to dive under the big door on the water (into the hanging boat room) and see if you can find a way to get to the upper level or if you can find a way to get to somewhere high enough that you could Deku Leaf across to the broken ladder, but even then you need the Skull Hammer to get to HK as well as beat him. I don't think it's possible to get over the invisible wall at the HK fight, so you're gunna have to beat him.

Kinda off topic, but does getting the sword at FF1 end the BiT glitch?
Okay. So I think people aren't completely getting my theory on EMS and skipping FF2, etc. So I'll do my best to go into immense detail on this. My theory is to some how, not sure yet, activate some sort of unknown trigger in the game that will allow you to obtain the full power master sword early either via activating something that allows you to get EMS before you obtain the MS after ToG or obtaining the full power MS in exchange for the normal one you get on the first trip to Hyrule. The idea being with already having the full powered blade you are able to bypass the invisible wall blocking access to Hyrule and get to Ganon's Tower early. Then--with the hopeful trial skips--go straight to the three ganon battles. That's where skipping PG comes into play, and hopefully skipping the hookshot and/or grappling hook. I know it's a lot to consider, so please. If you have any questions about it all feel free to ask & I'll do my best to answer them. Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 75
  Print  

Jump to: