ZSR Forums
April 25, 2024, 05:20:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Biggoron's Sword (upside-down Master Sword) usable with young link/glitch file  (Read 11945 times)
lordpsi99
Deku Scrub

nathanimoore2@hotmail.com
Email
« on: June 25, 2011, 05:53:04 AM »

Alright I'm new but I have some interesting stuff about Ocarina of Time 3D. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxIQ_RJ0gVI
I'm tired in this video btw. Anyways this other guy (tipsd9video) found the same glitch 4 days before me and posted a few videos involving this glitch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JH-Oz_Z40CU
I have found more glitches that are popping up randomly in my play-through of Master Quest. I decided to equip the kokiri sword since I didn't know of any method to pass Mido without it. Alright! Next to happen is a camera glitch that occurred after the fight with Gohma. The 2 cameras are spread out more, to about 20-30 degrees apart so when I grab the heart container, it appears on either side of my to screen with the 3D slider on full. I watch all the cutscenes and leave the forest for Hyrule Castle. I get all the way to Zelda and I open my items to find... NO OCARINA. I'm not sure if I want to quit and load the file again or just leave my 3DS in sleep mode.

Possible methods of recreating this glitch:
Well I had just beaten Ganon and unlocked Master Quest. I loaded my file once more to get any thing I had missed. I got the defense upgrade from the great fairy outside Ganon's Tower and then I finished the Gerudo's training grounds and got the ice arrows. At this point I have the Ice Arrows equipped to X, my Longshot equipped to Y, Hover Boots on I, and Lens of Truth on II. I get on Epona and ride around for a bit and might have left the game idle for maybe 5 minutes. I have the Biggoron's Sword equipped, which very well might be the cause since both me and this other guy had this sword equipped on our recently beaten game (beaten Ganon). I saved maybe 2 or 3 times before quitting and starting Master Quest. I watch the cutscenes and I press B (muscle memory I guess?) near a bush and instead of nothing happening, Link pulls out the Master Sword. He's holding it like a Deku Stick (or Biggoron's Sword) and the attack animation matches the sword I had equipped from the other file. It is upside-down just like if you use the action replay code for "Always Young Link" on a file saved as an adult which gives you the same equipment from an adult as a child.
I apologise if I am putting this in the wrong section of the site and for a giant wall of text. I hope this can be recreated and exploited for speedrunning! I don't know how to do a lot of the tricks for speedrunning so I don't know what to do with this glitched file. So if this can't be recreated then I'll need to make the most of what I have. I tried recreating it by starting another file after trying to set it up again on my beaten file. Pressing B doesn't do anything in the new file so I'm guessing I just play through any new games normally without glitches.

What were they thinking when the ancient Gerudos built the Spirit Temple? Why did they put a couple of Deku Shields not to mention oddly specific engravings in the blueprints? Was the entire world designed with Link in mind?
ZFG
Mega Guay

also pheenoh <3

« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2011, 07:08:58 AM »

I'm pretty sure this is actually broken giants knife because of the swing motion and slash range.  The same thing happens in the original if you use cheats for broken giants knife/biggorons sword, and master sword appears as regular kokiri sword with extended range.

I for one think that there are no glitches in OoT. It's just gameshark codes.

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
lordpsi99
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2011, 07:20:18 AM »

I'm pretty sure this is actually broken giants knife because of the swing motion and slash range.  The same thing happens in the original if you use cheats for broken giants knife/biggorons sword, and master sword appears as regular kokiri sword with extended range.
I wonder if the glitch with not getting the ocarina would occur if this code were active in the original? I finished talking with Zelda but without an ocarina, what would happen if I talk with Impa? By the way, this Master Quest file uses Link as the name, the same as the regular game's file.

What were they thinking when the ancient Gerudos built the Spirit Temple? Why did they put a couple of Deku Shields not to mention oddly specific engravings in the blueprints? Was the entire world designed with Link in mind?
UchihaSasuke
Special Guay

move over Chidori, time to spam infinite Susano'o

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2011, 08:19:05 AM »

you learn the song and link uses an "ocarina of time" when you have to play the song (it is blue if you learn a song without the ocarina in the original too)
i tested this already today when i escaped the forest though zora's river and then went to the castle.

"Patience is useful in any moment"

Youtube Account 1
Youtube Account 2
Grimic
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2011, 01:36:59 PM »

Registered after much lurking to contribute something to this. I have been able reproduce this glitch 100% of the time by saving and quitting on Epona and quickly creating a new file with the same name and save time. I haven't confirmed which (if any) of those three factors are actually necessary.

A few things that I'm sure are NOT factored in:

-if you have beaten the game on the "source" file (you may still need Master Quest unlocked though)
-which shield you have equipped
-which item is on each button
-which sword you have equipped (see below)

Performing the trick with the Biggoron's Sword or (Broken) Giant's Knife will give you the Broken Giant's Knife (appears as upside-down Master Sword with short swipe), whereas equipping the Master Sword will give you the Master Sword (appears as Kokiri Sword with long swipe.)

The Master Sword variation makes things go down quick, and the extended range could possibly increase the potency of other things such as put away boosting.
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2011, 02:08:20 PM »

This worked for me

1. Equip a sword
2. Mount onto a horse
3. Save and exit game
4. Create a new save file

You will not start with the sword you had equipped while riding on the horse.

However, the save file did not have to be created the same minute. And it did not have the same file name either.
It probably have to do with the fact that when you save on a horse, the game wants to give you the sword back, as when your on a horse, it replaces the sword with a bow (or empty slot).
And when you create a new save file, it goes through another saving process.
It could be that some parts of the last saving process didn't get cleaned and carried over to the new save files saving process.

By the way, you do not even have to start up the file directly after creating it at all. The sword is given to you during the saving process when you create the new file.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 02:25:24 PM by CloudMax » Logged

Grimic
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2011, 02:25:34 PM »

This makes me wonder if it's possible to start the file with the broken knife, then upgrade it to the Biggoron's Sword later on by obtaining it as adult link. Does returning from adult -> child let you keep the glitched sword on child link? I haven't made it that far with one yet.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 02:28:00 PM by Grimic » Logged
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2011, 02:33:13 PM »

This makes me wonder if it's possible to start the file with the broken knife, then upgrade it to the Biggoron's Sword later on by obtaining it as adult link. Does returning from adult -> child let you keep the glitched sword on child link? I haven't made it that far with one yet.

Going to young link always re-equip kokiri sword automatically.

Greenalink
Special Guay

DS Dictator

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2011, 04:20:22 PM »

Wow, the biggest wtf glitch has been sloved then.

A small reminder is that v.early magic items through BA -> Epona save glitch wouldn't work because Link does not even have a magic meter.

The only other reason why this glitch works is because this is also the only OoT version where you can go back to the file select menu without having to press any reset related commands. Pretty much similar to the original Majora's Mask releases via Owl Save (reloading a Owl save file in Clock Town with Epona for instance).
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 04:22:51 PM by Greenalink » Logged

New DS PHAT Capture Device on its way (Sep 2011)!!!
More info:
http://forum.speeddemosarchive.com/post/3ds_capture_device_214.html

Yes I am a speed runner focused on DS games
Notable runs:
Phantom Hourglass
SM64 DS
New Super Mario Bros (DS).
lordpsi99
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2011, 06:41:22 PM »

Registered after much lurking to contribute something to this. I have been able reproduce this glitch 100% of the time by saving and quitting on Epona and quickly creating a new file with the same name and save time. I haven't confirmed which (if any) of those three factors are actually necessary.

A few things that I'm sure are NOT factored in:

-if you have beaten the game on the "source" file (you may still need Master Quest unlocked though)
-which shield you have equipped
-which item is on each button
-which sword you have equipped (see below)

Performing the trick with the Biggoron's Sword or (Broken) Giant's Knife will give you the Broken Giant's Knife (appears as upside-down Master Sword with short swipe), whereas equipping the Master Sword will give you the Master Sword (appears as Kokiri Sword with long swipe.)

The Master Sword variation makes things go down quick, and the extended range could possibly increase the potency of other things such as put away boosting.
If you've got the glitch to work for your file, could you check to see if the cameras glitch after defeating Gohma? Also check if leaving the forest gives you the ocarina... OH wait! I'm stupid, I forgot the ocarina doesn't appear on your items subscreen in the 3DS version. Yes, I do have the ocarina... Facepalm

CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2011, 06:44:22 PM »

If you've got the glitch to work for your file, could you check to see if the cameras glitch after defeating Gohma? Also check if leaving the forest gives you the ocarina... OH wait! I'm stupid, I forgot the ocarina doesn't appear on your items subscreen in the 3DS version. Yes, I do have the ocarina... Facepalm
We have done more than getting the glitch to work. Check the thread for starting a file with any item.
I started a new file with bottle on B.
And megaton hammer on B. Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: