ZSR Forums
April 27, 2024, 03:52:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: CloudMax's RTA Any% Route  (Read 38172 times)
Maxx
Admin
Special Guay

« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2011, 07:18:44 PM »

Adult Link:
•Lon Lon Stick (How to)
•Kakariko Village (Egg)
•GY Bugs
•Bottle on B
•RBA Egg (Adult Wallet)
•Wake up Talon
•Trade for Cojiro

Might wanna reorder this. Maybe get egg and bugs, then do LLR stick, then RBA, then head back toward Kakariko. The egg won't hatch until morning, and time doesn't pass in Kakariko.

You also need to RBA arrows at some point (any time is fine) with bugs on II.
Maxx
Admin
Special Guay

« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2011, 07:28:10 PM »

Other things I just noticed:

We don't need to go to the graveyard for anything (unless grave shield is faster than farming chains for cash), so GY bugs are slower than bugs next to the skulltula house.

Need a way to kill all the dudes in Ganon's castle. Right now all you have are bombs (and Deku Nuts to help). Getting 20 chus from Spirit Trial is probably worth it.
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2011, 07:40:43 PM »

I have updated the adult link route with my new awesome rupee route, with improved cucco order Cheesy

CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2011, 10:25:44 PM »

I fount out that if you save while in the fishing pond or while riding on a horse, you will keep the item you have on B if you save and reset.
This means that if you get bottle on B, you can just save and exit in the fishing pond, or while on a horse, and you will keep the bottle whne you start up the file again! A great way to savewarp with modified B.

I did this by mistake while messing with the Lon Lon Stick glitch, and it works perfectly.

aleckermit
Mega Guay

back in green

WWW Email
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2011, 10:57:27 PM »

Followed the current route exactly up to adult. Lon Lon B will not work for me. There must be a strange requirement that must be met. I end up with the Master Sword after following the steps.

Either that or this is a PAL only glitch (Cloudmax is PAL, I am NTSC-U).
« Last Edit: June 26, 2011, 11:08:56 PM by aleckermit » Logged

http://youtube.com/aleckermit

<@Swordless> Have you had this problem before? A game not starting until you cleaned it?
Greenalink
Special Guay

DS Dictator

« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2011, 11:07:58 PM »

This means that if you get bottle on B, you can just save and exit in the fishing pond, or while on a horse, and you will keep the bottle whne you start up the file again! A great way to savewarp with modified B.

I'm guessing this means it's also ok to do this with Hammer then as well. At the rate it's going, the NG+ route with Hammer will have very few segments because of the restrictions on where to save and NOT lose the non-sword B item.

New DS PHAT Capture Device on its way (Sep 2011)!!!
More info:
http://forum.speeddemosarchive.com/post/3ds_capture_device_214.html

Yes I am a speed runner focused on DS games
Notable runs:
Phantom Hourglass
SM64 DS
New Super Mario Bros (DS).
Maxx
Admin
Special Guay

« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2011, 11:31:24 PM »

I fount out that if you save while in the fishing pond or while riding on a horse, you will keep the item you have on B if you save and reset.

I did this by mistake while messing with the Lon Lon Stick glitch, and it works perfectly.

I think that's what Grimic was saying in the other topic.
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2011, 08:22:41 AM »

I think that's what Grimic was saying in the other topic.

Ohh, well. Props to him for finding it first then I guess.
I did not really understand what he said in the thread (and that is why I asked you guys in the thread if you understood is a several time xD)
However, this was actually logical. I had already done it a several times without even thinking about it.
It is linked to the method of starting with an item on B.
It was just like I said, if you save/exit while riding on epona, it gives the item back to B when you load your new file.

I said it all the time without ever thinking about what I actually was saying, which happened to be a way to save any item on B xD

Grimic
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2011, 12:40:54 PM »

Ohh, well. Props to him for finding it first then I guess.
I did not really understand what he said in the thread (and that is why I asked you guys in the thread if you understood is a several time xD)
However, this was actually logical. I had already done it a several times without even thinking about it.
It is linked to the method of starting with an item on B.
It was just like I said, if you save/exit while riding on epona, it gives the item back to B when you load your new file.

I said it all the time without ever thinking about what I actually was saying, which happened to be a way to save any item on B xD

That was the basic idea. I was doing this for a while without even knowing it too, so it was as easy to conclude as starting with an item on B after lordpsi99 mentioned Epona.

I just made a third edit to my post in the other thread, with some strange findings on how it can revert your item multiple times in a row. I still have little clue what saving really does to make the B button act this way, but I'm sure some theories can be put together at this point.
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2011, 01:52:54 PM »

That was the basic idea. I was doing this for a while without even knowing it too, so it was as easy to conclude as starting with an item on B after lordpsi99 mentioned Epona.

I just made a third edit to my post in the other thread, with some strange findings on how it can revert your item multiple times in a row. I still have little clue what saving really does to make the B button act this way, but I'm sure some theories can be put together at this point.

Incase you didnt know, there is similar glitches in Majoras mask involving epona aswell.
You save while riding on epona, and start up your other file and your other file will be on epona or something...
It is really strange and I do not remember exactly what the glitch did, and how it works, but it all is based on saving while on epona, which was impossible on n64, and that is why these glitches isnt possible on any other n64 game.

However, with the majoras mask glitch and emulators it should be possible to see what actually happens during its saving process, and it probably transfer over to OoT in one way or another as they are based on the same engine.

Kaztalek
Special Guay

« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2011, 04:58:46 PM »

Incase you didnt know, there is similar glitches in Majoras mask involving epona aswell.
You save while riding on epona, and start up your other file and your other file will be on epona or something...
It is really strange and I do not remember exactly what the glitch did, and how it works, but it all is based on saving while on epona, which was impossible on n64, and that is why these glitches isnt possible on any other n64 game.

do you have a vid of this or something? Never heard of it.

* ZFG sets mode: +b *!*@m2k2-41FE9128.tampfl.fios.verizon.net
* KlydeStorm was kicked by ZFG (I'll destroy you)
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2011, 05:01:57 PM »

do you have a vid of this or something? Never heard of it.

Here is a video with multiple epona glitches:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgiCgZPwbOk

All of them is related to saving on epona.
It is pretty sick. The glitch is very, very old and is fun to play around with.

Kaztalek
Special Guay

« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2011, 06:49:23 PM »

I know about epona glitches i meant specifically having the other file on epona from a diff file

id like to know how to do that

* ZFG sets mode: +b *!*@m2k2-41FE9128.tampfl.fios.verizon.net
* KlydeStorm was kicked by ZFG (I'll destroy you)
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2011, 07:04:07 PM »

I know about epona glitches i meant specifically having the other file on epona from a diff file

id like to know how to do that

Either I remember incorrectly, or I just cant find a video.
But I think there was a glitch related to using 2 files...
It was about 2 years ago, so I could be wrong.

However, the point is that saving on epona is bugged. It has always been. It is just that nintendo prevented you from saving on epona in oot64

Majora MIM
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2011, 01:33:11 PM »

What if we use the forest bk skip (and maybe medaillon cs skip with shroom timer) then savewarp to tot and ba light arrow?

sorry for my soooo bad english.

TLOZ: complete     AOL: complete     ALTTP(GBA): 100%
LA(DX): complete   OOT/MQ/3D: 100%    MM: 100%
OOA/OOS: 100%    FS:100%   TWW:100%
 FSA: 100%     TMC: 100%     TP: 100%
PH: 100%        ST: 100%         SS: Huh
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: